3rd easiest schedule next year according to Mike Clay

no way...Cam Newton may not be all that but NE is going to be better..it took hisfumble while they were deep in our territory to beat them at home last season... and no matter how bad the Jets are or who plays qb they always play us tough...I look for 6 tough AFC East games  and Miami likely the next best team.

Away games against some really good teams:  New Orleans Saints · Tampa Bay Buccaneers · Tennessee Titans · Kansas City

Look at the playoff win versus the Colts...they missed a TD catch by inches and missed 2 very makeable FGs which could have won the game for them.   Saints, Titans will be tough games

1 minute ago, First Round Bust said:

no way...Cam Newton may not be all that but NE is going to be better..it took hisfumble while they were deep in our territory to beat them at home last season... and no matter how bad the Jets are or who plays qb they always play us tough...I look for 6 tough AFC East games  and Miami likely the next best team.

Away games against some really good teams:  New Orleans Saints · Tampa Bay Buccaneers · Tennessee Titans · Kansas City

Look at the playoff win versus the Colts...they missed a TD catch by inches and missed 2 very makeable FGs which could have won the game for them.   Saints, Titans will be tough games

With you on everything except for Saints. Interested to see how their QB situation develops. 

• Like (+1) 1

I appreciate the post, but pre-season strength of schedule forecasts don't mean much to me.

Things change SO MUCH over the course of a season. What looked like an easy stretch of games can quickly become a very tough stretch of games, and vice versa.

In 2020, for instance, the stretch of games that went New England, Seattle, Arizona, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Pittsburgh looked INCREDIBLY tough. Then it turned out that New England stunk, San Francisco were the walking wounded, and Pittsburgh's bubble burst. When it was all said and done, the Bills went 5-1 in that stretch.

You just never know.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I appreciate the post, but pre-season strength of schedule forecasts don't mean much to me.

Things change SO MUCH over the course of a season. What looked like an easy stretch of games can quickly become a very tough stretch of games, and vice versa.

In 2020, for instance, the stretch of games that went New England, Seattle, Arizona, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Pittsburgh looked INCREDIBLY tough. Then it turned out that New England stunk, San Francisco were the walking wounded, and Pittsburgh's bubble burst. When it was all said and done, the Bills went 5-1 in that stretch.

You just never know.

Absolutely.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Compared to last year it is undoubtedly easier. But you still need to go out and win the games.

The division alone is harder. NE reloaded and you know Bill is already thinking of a way to beat the Bills. Miami is pretty good right now and they have a lot of draft capital to make their team better. The Jets fired Gase and that alone should make them more competitive plus like Miami they have a lot of draft picks also.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

You just never know.

I agree.  But I'll also say that, to other teams, Seattle and Arizona were not easy games- we were just a much better team than most last year.  I'll also say that, in the past, regardless of our record to that point, we would've lost both, and probably dropped a stinker to San Fran, or something.  We rolled through the second half of last season because we're just so good now.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I agree.  But I'll also say that, to other teams, Seattle and Arizona were not easy games- we were just a much better team than most last year.  I'll also say that, in the past, regardless of our record to that point, we would've lost both, and probably dropped a stinker to San Fran, or something.  We rolled through the second half of last season because we're just so good now.

Homer.

• Haha (+1) 2