Movies that made you cry

Royale with Cheese

17 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I've never actually cried during a movie, but there were some that put a lump in my throat. "Schindler's List" was one. Another, along similar lines, was "Life Is Beautiful" (La vita è bella). I can't remember if it's in English or if it's subtitled in English, but either way, it was very powerful. 

I did get a little choked up at the end of "Marley and Me."  And during Kirk's eulogy for Spock at the end of "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" (arguably Shatner's best performance.)

Life is Beautiful was a good movie.  It was Italian and would have had English subtitles, though maybe you saw a version with English dubbed over?  

Always go with subtitles if you can; I can't stand watching foreign films with English dubbing; it's just wrong.

5 hours ago, OGTEleven said:

There aren't even any words in the whole thing.

Damn - forgot about that one - good call. Shows how much of life is out of your control and how valuable it is to have a partner to share it with, but even that can be beyond your control. I remember talking with a lot of parents who went to see UP with their kids and saying this scene was one of the most tear jerking of anything they had ever seen.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Life is Beautiful was a good movie.  It was Italian and would have had English subtitles, though maybe you saw a version with English dubbed over?  

Always go with subtitles if you can; I can't stand watching foreign films with English dubbing; it's just wrong.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure we saw the subtitled version.

On 3/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

- Toy Story 3

- Marley and Me

- 50/50

I’m a grown man, and I don’t cry at movies. However, I had an allergic reaction of some type watching Marley and Me. It could have been a temporary allergy attack? If you don’t have the same thing, you may want to check with a professional. 

I type this with two Goldens at my feet......

Edited by Augie

14 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Forrest Gump

Braveheart (irony not lost on me)

Forrest Gump makes me cry because is criminally overrated. I’m a huge Hanks fan but the movie is absurd. 

Braveheart - I cry every time they get an historical fact wrong, which is two or three times each scene. The movie is a historical abomination. 

• Disagree 1

On 3/27/2021 at 9:46 AM, OGTEleven said:

There aren't even any words in the whole thing.

This is an amazing film.

Drama, adventure, action and comedy are everywhere in this amazing story, this along with Toy Story 2 & Toy Story 3 and maybe even Wall-E, are the gold standard of Pixar.

Edited by Mark Vader

The pursuit of happiness when He gets the job at the end and his boss gives him as five dollars back that he loaned them

The patriot two times win his sons new bride dies in the fire and when his little daughter goes running after him because she doesn’t want him to leave to go back to the war

Yeah ***** it I’m a blubbering mess

Edited by John from Riverside

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.