Movies that made you cry

Royale with Cheese

15 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

- Toy Story 3

- Marley and Me

- 50/50

As soon as I saw the thread title, the 1st 2 you listed came immediately to mind.  "Toy Story 3" was ridiculous - I was basically sobbing uncontrollably.  I was glad they had the bloopers stuff during the credits so I could compose myself before heading out into the lobby.

Close to the same w/ Marley & Me.

And it's not a movie, but I can never get through "Cat's in the Cradle."

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Life as a House

Forrest Gump

Braveheart (irony not lost on me)

Cinderella Man

There are more, this I am sure of.

Forrest Gump made me cry because it lasted so long.  One of the most overrated movies of all time.

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

On 3/26/2021 at 10:14 AM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Schindler's List

Schindler's List is the only movie I can recall that elicited so clearly an emotional outpouring in me, at least while seated in a theatre, during the movie.  

Its was actually at the end when all the real people involved in the story were putting the little rocks on the grave of the real Oscar Schindler.  There I was in public, crying, and utterly unable to stop it.

Probably the single greatest emotional response I have ever had to any film.

It's one of the reasons why I have that film somewhere in my personal Top 10 all time, maybe top 5.

I know people who will not see it b/c "it is depressing" or some other pre-conceived negative thought...they have no idea what an experience they are missing.  And it's really a very optimistic, positive story at its core.

• Like (+1) 3

On 3/26/2021 at 9:23 AM, dpberr said:

Saving Private Ryan

Mr. Holland's Opus

On 3/26/2021 at 9:46 AM, The Jokeman said:

The one's that came to me immediately were 

Saving Private Ryan

Me Before You

Saving Private Ryan has its moments, but there are more tear jerker moments for sure in the entirety of Band of Brothers.

I guess BOB is not technically a movie, but it really is, and it's a really long, good one to boot.

Lots of scenes in both SPR and BOB, and especially the documentary they did about the real BOB, called "We Stand Alone Together".  Watch that if you haven't seen it by now!  

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I've never actually cried during a movie, but there were some that put a lump in my throat. "Schindler's List" was one. Another, along similar lines, was "Life Is Beautiful" (La vita è bella). I can't remember if it's in English or if it's subtitled in English, but either way, it was very powerful. 

I did get a little choked up at the end of "Marley and Me."  And during Kirk's eulogy for Spock at the end of "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" (arguably Shatner's best performance.)

Edited by WhoTom

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.