Beane wants Allen’s contract done sooner than later.

MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean early would obviously be preferable, I'm also pretty sure he's said if they can't get it done now/soon they'll get it done later.

I'm thinking they get a deal done just before training camp.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

On 3/25/2021 at 10:12 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Not sure why there’s a rush. Let’s see how Trubisky does before taking on an albatross contract. Beane might be posturing. 

The whole Trubiniski/Allen thing reminds me of Haack/Borjaqueez.  

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The whole Trubiniski/Allen thing reminds me oh Haack/Borjaqueez.  

Very interesting comparison. Similarly, why pay a Bojo type QB over 10 years when you can sign a Haack type QB for $2 million per over 10 yrs. With a higher cap, we can sign better players to surround Trubes (like Gronk, Ju Ju and Adrian Pederson)

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Not sure why there’s a rush. Let’s see how Trubisky does before taking on an albatross contract. Beane might be posturing. 

Pot, meet stir.  Fergs, you love this don’t you, even more that some thought you were serious.

I read you’re comment, and then looked up and saw it was you who wrote it.  You had me for a quick second.

Guys, he was kidding.  I’ve been reading Ferg’s comments for years and this smells of wisears to get a rise out of us.  It’s one of the things I like about him.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2

" 'It helps you for your planning the sooner you can get that contract done,' Beane told NFL Media's Jim Trotter and Steve Wyche on the Huddle & Flow podcast, via NFL.com. 'Again, I hope that we can get him done, if not this year, next year. You don't want to get into the franchise (tag) and all that stuff. It's a tool that you use if you have to to keep a great player, but at the end of the day, we want Josh here for the long term.' "

This is huge.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Maybe they can bring Jeff Tuel back also. He threw a great TD pass to K.C.  

• Like (+1) 2