RIP Rick Azar

Beast

4 minutes ago, Stroke 17 said:

Wern't mornings with Promo the Robot and Commander Tom?

I know Rocket Ship 7 with Dave Thomas (who is still alive) was on mornings when I was a kid. I think Commander Tom got moved to mornings in the 90s but that was long after I moved away.

I think Rick also hosted a Bills Highlights show on Saturday afternoons. They would show lots of highlights from the prior week’s game set to 60s instrumental versions of the current hits. It was awesome to see video of home games, which you could never see on TV in those days. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rest Easy.

6 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I think Rick also hosted a Bills Highlights show on Saturday afternoons. They would show lots of highlights from the prior week’s game set to 60s instrumental versions of the current hits. It was awesome to see video of home games, which you could never see on TV in those days. 

Yes, he did.

17 hours ago, BisonMan said:

I know Rocket Ship 7 with Dave Thomas (who is still alive) was on mornings when I was a kid. I think Commander Tom got moved to mornings in the 90s but that was long after I moved away.

Don’t forget Dialing for Dollars w/Nolan Johannes & Liz Dribbin, and Johnny & Jimmy...on the accordian and drums.  😊

I’ll never forget as a young boy, my mom took us to see Dialing for Dollars(as they had a live studio audience), and off camera in the one corner was the top half of Promo. I was very confused as to what I was seeing.  😂

Edited by BTB

39 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There was a great story going around on Twitter when Rick was interviewing Wayne Gretzky and in the middle of it Gretzky stopped to ask Azar for his autograph. For Wayne’s mom who loved Rick and watched him every night from their home in Ontario. 

RIP Rick

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing that. Great (pardon the pun) story!