Jayson Oweh DE PSU my first round TGT.

MAJBobby

19 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Joe Marino says he’s come around on Oweh, but I still don’t get it. Oweh is off the charts athletic, but doesn’t seem to know how to play football at anywhere near an elite level. Seems like he ls always making the wrong decision.  

Maybe he’s not particularly football smart, wouldn’t be the first time that an elite athlete turns out to not be good at football. 

18 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Maybin was billed as Oweh.  Maybin was not the athlete Oweh is.  Oweh is an elite athlete.  I do not expect him to be there at 30 because of his potentiel.  If he is, Buffalo takes him in .01 secs.

I personally think Maybin was just a enigma and the school itself should not be held accountable for that player.......I honestly dont think his heart was in football to begin with.

If this guy Oweh loves football......he is probably going to be a stud

On 3/25/2021 at 8:58 PM, ScottLaw said:

There were quite a few of those draft blunders. Whitner, TJ Graham, Spiller, Maybin. Just awful. 

I wouldnt exactly call Spiller and Whitner blunders.... they were still productive for us. Overreaches yes... in Maybin's caregory as a blunder yes. And TJ Graham was a 3rd round pick whichbis far from a sure thing....

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was exactly a bust.  Top 10 pick. 2 good years out of 8.  Bounced around 4 teams in 3 seasons after the Bills finally dumped him.  A career total 12 rushing TDs, 9 receiving (vs 19 fumbles).

I guess your opinion of a "bust" differs from mine. When I think bust I think, 

Manziel

Ja. Russell

T. Mandarich

Ki-jana Carter

Charles Rogers

Akili Smith

V. Gholston

Ryan Leaf, etc....

Not one productive season among them. There was a time, though short, CJ looked like he belonged in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

I guess your opinion of a "bust" differs from mine. When I think bust I think, 

Manziel

Ja. Russell

T. Mandarich

Ki-jana Carter

Charles Rogers

Akili Smith

V. Gholston

Ryan Leaf, etc....

Not one productive season among them. There was a time, though short, CJ looked like he belonged in the NFL. 

He was a dud.  A bum.  A bust.  Breath it in...

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Maybe he’s not particularly football smart, wouldn’t be the first time that an elite athlete turns out to not be good at football. 

He doesn’t have a lot of football experience.  I believe he first played as a HS Junior and didn’t play a ton of games at Penn State before declaring for the draft.  I don’t know if it will eventually click for him or if he will disappoint and disappear.

I see him as a very risky pick early, but respected football people including Gil Brandt think he will have impact even this coming season.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I personally think Maybin was just a enigma and the school itself should not be held accountable for that player.......I honestly dont think his heart was in football to begin with.

If this guy Oweh loves football......he is probably going to be a stud

There is some truth in your statement about Maybin.

46 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Never been!  You must be one of those "if you can get Spiller into space" guys.  

I liked him as a player, though we didn't need to overdraft a RB. All I said  was he was a good player when healthy. If you want to compare where he was drafted to his career production I guess you can make the case. But, like I said before it's not a players fault if a team picks him sooner than projected. 

On 3/25/2021 at 8:54 PM, whatdrought said:

Ugh. Now I’m down that anger rabbit hole. Maybin over Orakpo is still the worst drought era draft decision to me. It was never even defendable because everyone knew Orakpo was a better prospect. 

Mike Williams over McKinney.  

The MTC guys had him go in the mid 20’s Friday.  He has speed and strength and I liked from the video his long arms.  If we don’t trade up in the 20’s I don’t see us getting any quality difference making Edge Rusher and we don’t have the capital to get higher than the 20’s.

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I personally think Maybin was just a enigma and the school itself should not be held accountable for that player.......

There are a lot more important things than Maybin for which PSU has never been truly held accountable.

12 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I liked him as a player, though we didn't need to overdraft a RB. All I said  was he was a good player when healthy. If you want to compare where he was drafted to his career production I guess you can make the case. But, like I said before it's not a players fault if a team picks him sooner than projected. 

He was the #1 RB per ESPN and a projected 1st round pick.  SI and Foxsports mocked him in top 10

22 hours ago, Doc said:

With Hughes, Addison now sticking around after taking a pay cut, Epenesa, Obada and Johnson, forget DE and get a CB in the first and a 1-tech in the 2nd. 

I think I agree with this strategy.   Nonetheless the Big Baller sees we lack pass rush.   And  will have to match value and need so I would hope BBB goes with the best football player on the board.

• Like (+1) 1