Jayson Oweh DE PSU my first round TGT.

MAJBobby

On 3/25/2021 at 8:58 PM, ScottLaw said:

There were quite a few of those draft blunders. Whitner, TJ Graham, Spiller, Maybin. Just awful. 

Whitner and Spiller were decent NFL players, they were just over drafted. Not their fault there. Maybin and Graham had no business in the NFL and were horrible decisions.

• Agree 2

On 3/25/2021 at 8:49 PM, MAJBobby said:

Maybin wasn’t even close to Oweh athletic profile. And we are talking 30 not 11. 

inexperienced athletic Gifted QB traded up for how did that work out?

but does he match that legendary Maybin "first step"?

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Whitner and Spiller were decent NFL players, they were just over drafted. Not their fault there. Maybin and Graham had no business in the NFL and were horrible decisions.

The rest of the NFL voted on Spiller:  he was a bust.

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

but does he match that legendary Maybin "first step"?

The rest of the NFL voted on Spiller:  he was a bust.

In 2012 he rushed for 1244 at a 6.0 yard per carry average, 1703 scrimmage yards and made the PB.

In 2013 he rushed for 933 in 15 games at 4.6 a carry. 

Did he pan out? No, but he was not exactly a bust.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Cover1 posted a bunch of Oweh clips today:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1383095364287401987?s=09

I know he is raw but he looks like a force to be reckoned with, it's just going to take some patience with him. I would be happy with him as the pick at #30.

there’s a lot of “impressive athleticism even if it didn’t work” in that stack. 

just would’ve been nice to see a bit more “made both the athletic move and right read and resulted in success”

I see a lot of back and forth here on whether he's a good prospect or not.

Here are the Top 3 reasons why the Bills simply won't pick him:

1. He's too raw and won't contribute in Year 1. We need someone who can compete now.

2. No production and our current staff values actual production.

3. Another team in rebuild mode will take him earlier because they can afford to wait and he has upside if you're willing to wait 2-3 years.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/25/2021 at 9:10 PM, John from Riverside said:

I really dont want to just auto take Penn State off the menu just because of Aaron Maybin

Maybin was billed as Oweh.  Maybin was not the athlete Oweh is.  Oweh is an elite athlete.  I do not expect him to be there at 30 because of his potentiel.  If he is, Buffalo takes him in .01 secs.

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Maybin was billed as Oweh.  Maybin was not the athlete Oweh is.  Oweh is an elite athlete.  I do not expect him to be there at 30 because of his potentiel.  If he is, Buffalo takes him in .01 secs.

He’s bad at football.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

there’s a lot of “impressive athleticism even if it didn’t work” in that stack. 

just would’ve been nice to see a bit more “made both the athletic move and right read and resulted in success”

So you are saying his fit would be at MLB in the McDefense?

• Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

In 2012 he rushed for 1244 at a 6.0 yard per carry average, 1703 scrimmage yards and made the PB.

In 2013 he rushed for 933 in 15 games at 4.6 a carry. 

Did he pan out? No, but he was not exactly a bust.

He was exactly a bust.  Top 10 pick. 2 good years out of 8.  Bounced around 4 teams in 3 seasons after the Bills finally dumped him.  A career total 12 rushing TDs, 9 receiving (vs 19 fumbles).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This really isn't the time to take chances on freaks of nature who need work when they should be getting what should be immediate starters at key positions. 

Positions like IOL or CB who are going to have the most impact and play the most snaps. 

3 hours ago, delirious said:

This really isn't the time to take chances on freaks of nature who need work when they should be getting what should be immediate starters at key positions. 

Positions like IOL or CB who are going to have the most impact and play the most snaps. 

I think about it in terms of beating the Chiefs. Does a better CB2 help us beat them last year? Wallace is a limited player but he wasn't the problem. Our problem was we left Mahomes completely clean. Watching our pass rush compared to the Bucs it was like two totally different sports. I'm happy to draft an athletic CB at pick 30 since it does fill a need and there will be good value at that spot, but we can afford to take a swing on a high upside pass rusher even if he is only used sparingly in his rookie season.

Edited by HappyDays

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think about it in terms of beating the Chiefs. Does a better CB2 help us beat them last year? Wallace is a limited player but he wasn't the problem. Our problem was we left Mahomes completely clean. Watching our pass rush compared to the Bucs it was like two totally different sports. I'm happy to draft an athletic CB at pick 30 since it does fill a need and there will be good value at that spot, but we can afford to take a swing on a high upside pass rusher even if he is only used sparingly in his rookie season.

That's fine and dandy except this guy couldn't even find a sack.

Paye, or the guy from georgia or even Phillips, sure. But this guy no freaking way, I want what you're smoking. 

So yes, a creed Humphrey, landon dickerson I would wager would do way better on IOL.  And yeah, CB maybe not so much, but it's an upgrade and not some shot in the dark on this guy