Jayson Oweh DE PSU my first round TGT.

MAJBobby

He is a great athlete (amazing really), and the type of numbers he put up translate well into someone who will produce well in the NFL. But I don’t think you are getting someone who can be a great Joey Bosa type of DE. I think you are getting someone with maybe a Ziggy Ansah type of profile, very athletic and very raw but who had some pretty good - though short - success. I think I’d prefer other areas at 30 and go with some other DE later in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheBeaneBandit said:

Which screams maybe the guy figures it out in a contract year if ever. There's development then there's maybe waaaaay later. It's a no for me dawg.

So in

2017 as a Frosh had 2 sacks. 

2019 as a SO had 5 Sacks. 

2020 Opted out. 

there is production trending up for him I don’t really think it will be a long development at all and would play in Epenesa Roll this year rotational learning more than playing. 

2 minutes ago, LEBills said:

He is a great athlete (amazing really), and the type of numbers he put up translate well into someone who will produce well in the NFL. But I don’t think you are getting someone who can be a great Joey Bosa type of DE. I think you are getting someone with maybe a Ziggy Ansah type of profile, very athletic and very raw but who had some pretty good - though short - success. I think I’d prefer other areas at 30 and go with some other DE later in the draft.

Or as mentioned above you are getting A Hunter type and shall we see how many wanted to trade for him and still do?

Question is do you Trust McD and his coaches to develop him????  I think they may have just earned that trust. 

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Opts out. Then opts in. So NO camp. Training for draft. And the team was bad. Yeah cool. Still at 30 there isn’t many other players I would take and definitely not one of these RBs people drool over. Now have you watched him play. 

or one of those Stat Scouts

Just read Gils top 100. Has him at 16. Wow more respect for him than I have

Edited by MAJBobby

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Or as mentioned above you are getting A Hunter type and shall we see how many wanted to trade for him and still do?

Question is do you Trust McD and his coaches to develop him????  I think they may have just earned that trust. 

The reason I didn’t say hunter was because even though his sack production wasn’t there he started for most of two years. Oweh’s biggest concern is just that he is raw and would be getting by mostly on his athleticism. Ziggy Ansah was a really good player and I think most people would be happy with that level of player at 30. If Beane and McDermott draft him I will be excited and hope they can develop him well. But he has a long road ahead of him. His athleticism does give him a chance though.

Seems like a reach as a 1st rounder 

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So in

2017 as a Frosh had 2 sacks. 

2019 as a SO had 5 Sacks. 

2020 Opted out. 

there is production trending up for him I don’t really think it will be a long development at all and would play in Epenesa Roll this year rotational learning more than playing. 

Not sure you have the right player here. He didn’t opt out 

40 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Ugh. Now I’m down that anger rabbit hole. Maybin over Orakpo is still the worst drought era draft decision to me. It was never even defendable because everyone knew Orakpo was a better prospect. 

Ironically, the rest of that draft was pretty damn good.

Eric Wood, Jairus Byrd & Andy Levitre.

14 minutes ago, LEBills said:

The reason I didn’t say hunter was because even though his sack production wasn’t there he started for most of two years. Oweh’s biggest concern is just that he is raw and would be getting by mostly on his athleticism. Ziggy Ansah was a really good player and I think most people would be happy with that level of player at 30. If Beane and McDermott draft him I will be excited and hope they can develop him well. But he has a long road ahead of him. His athleticism does give him a chance though.

Not only is he raw but he turns 23 in December. I would be all about taking a chance on him somewhere but not in the first round. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

reason:

best pure Athlete in the Draft IMO. Size Speed off the charts. He will be at 30 because of the limited games (20). Former Basketball player but very raw in football. Can be perfect for a team that can bring him along slowly and I think the Bills can afford that. If he had more games he would not make it out of the top 10. 

they did it with QB and MLB. Now Beane goes the same model at the DE of the future. I have him graded as the 35th best player in the draft. 

will have to add maybe 10 pounds as a 4-3 DE but has the frame to do that. Rookie season a spot rusher while learning. Ceiling it super high and if developed properly I think by year 3 people will put him in the elite DE talk. 

i really just wish he didn’t run this 40 though as now may go earlier than I was hoping. Before this 40 he was going to be there at 30. Now I am sure there are teams thinking the same let’s take him at 22 and see what we can develop with that natural god given talent. 

Somebody was listening to One Bills Live today.

• Haha (+1) 1