Jayson Oweh DE PSU my first round TGT.

MAJBobby

reason:

best pure Athlete in the Draft IMO. Size Speed off the charts. He will be at 30 because of the limited games (20). Former Basketball player but very raw in football. Can be perfect for a team that can bring him along slowly and I think the Bills can afford that. If he had more games he would not make it out of the top 10. 

they did it with QB and MLB. Now Beane goes the same model at the DE of the future. I have him graded as the 35th best player in the draft. 

will have to add maybe 10 pounds as a 4-3 DE but has the frame to do that. Rookie season a spot rusher while learning. Ceiling it super high and if developed properly I think by year 3 people will put him in the elite DE talk. 

i really just wish he didn’t run this 40 though as now may go earlier than I was hoping. Before this 40 he was going to be there at 30. Now I am sure there are teams thinking the same let’s take him at 22 and see what we can develop with that natural god given talent. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

I like Oweh, but I wonder if he’ll even get to us. Some smart people are putting him as the best DE in the class.

I think he will end up being there. But is so raw and that is why I think he goes lower than he should. Well at least that is what I am hoping but his 40 probably doesn’t help my hope 😭. Because where you slot him in this class is going to be based all of what you think his floor is compared to his high ceiling. And not a lot of production. It is truly a projection pick. 

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

An inexperienced DE from PSU.  What could go wrong?

Maybin wasn’t even close to Oweh athletic profile. And we are talking 30 not 11. 

inexperienced athletic Gifted QB traded up for how did that work out?

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I think he will end up being there. But is so raw and that is why I think he goes lower than he should. Well at least that is what I am hoping but his 40 probably doesn’t help my hope 😭. Because where you slot him in this class is going to be based all of what you think his floor is compared to his high ceiling. And not a lot of production. It is truly a projection pick. 

I saw someone compare him to Danielle Hunter as far as “no production, all the projection” and obviously people regret letting Hunter get to the 3rd.

either way, Oweh is either there and may be a nice pick for us, or his rise pushes some other talent down for us. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Maybin wasn’t even close to Oweh athletic profile. 

Maybin weighed 165 pounds soaking wet.

• Like (+1) 2

Has anyone been able to find the 10 yard split. I have been looking and cannot find it. Would really be interested in that number. 

Just now, Bangarang said:

He can run fast in a straight line but can he pressure the QB. If he can, why isn’t he a top 10 pick? 

20 games young at Football. Was a Basketball player. 

2 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Awesome athlete/Bad football player.

Considering only been playing football 2 years we expect a fully honed Football Player?  And then Opted out this year. 

• Agree 1

some more numbers 

arms measuring 34.5 inches

39.5-inch vertical jump

11 feet, 2 inches broad jump. 

Just now, bills_fan said:

Just...no

Ok tel me why?  What are you knocks on him?

Edited by MAJBobby

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Ugh. Now I’m down that anger rabbit hole. Maybin over Orakpo is still the worst drought era draft decision to me. It was never even defendable because everyone knew Orakpo was a better prospect. 

I hated that pick but Whitner over Ngata is every bit as awful, I’d argue worse since ngata is a 1st ballot HOFer

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Has anyone been able to find the 10 yard split. I have been looking and cannot find it. Would really be interested in that number. 

20 games young at Football. Was a Basketball player. 

Considering only been playing football 2 years we expect a fully honed Football Player?  And then Opted out this year. 

Which screams maybe the guy figures it out in a contract year if ever. There's development then there's maybe waaaaay later. It's a no for me dawg.

Insane testing numbers, really underwhelming tape. I guess I’d say if he’s our pick at 30 at least he’s basically all upside. That said, actively hoping he’s someone else’s problem and pushes a Paye/Phillips/Ossai to us. 

• Agree 1