Bills sign RB Matt Breida

njbuff

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Aside from a very talented DE (who admittedly may need seasoning) there's nothing on D right now they need in the 1st round. 

Drafts aren't for this year when you're this low in the 1st round and I wish people would stop looking at rookies as the solution to team needs. 

You can now shade more toward BPA than need.   

What's funny is when the team signs a guy for just over league minimum.........and then a bunch of fans say the team doesn't need to use a first round pick on that position now.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Looking forward to Matt Breida becoming the best version of himself with the Bills. This is so smart, a relatively low/no risk, high reward scenario. If he plays at his 2018-19 level it's a terrific pickup. 

I think part of Beane's strategy is that if you sign enough of these low-budget, "be the best version of yourself" type guys you're bound to hit on a couple and if you do you really add value to your team (and end up looking pretty smart). 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

I was confused at how little playing time he got in Miami. I expected him to be their lead back. Let's hope we use him more in Buffalo.

He ended up being the #2 guy when healthy but he dealt with injuries for most of the season last year. Sprained his MCL around Week 7 or so and had a lingering hamstring issue the rest of the year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Should we sign Matt Breida?

"No way! That guy is overrated, always injured, and couldn't crack the starting lineup in Miami!"

*Bills sign Matt Breida*

"Oh, I love the move! He's fast and the Dolphins were dumb to not play him more!"

Two Bills Drive, everyone...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

If Breida had a hard time cracking the Dolphins lineup and they let him go what makes you think he's anything more then added depth for Buffalo?

Again, I like adding speed. I also liked Yeldons catching abilities for what good it did us.

Good back and forth, bro!

Don’t you think Yeldon not seeing the field had more to do with his fumble history as well as the coaching staff wanting to see what they had in Sungletary/Moss? They have a much better picture of what those two can do after Singletary’s second year and Moss’ first year.

Just thoughts.

I'm hoping this means I don't need to worry about burning another early pick on a RB but we'll see. If the plan is to dress 3 RBs on gameday like we did this past year, I'm curious to see how this plays out. You'd think Moss will be a lock and you'd think Taiwan would be active for special teams so that only leaves one spot for Singletary/Breida unless one of them becomes a special teamer.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Good back and forth, bro!

Don’t you think Yeldon not seeing the field had more to do with his fumble history as well as the coaching staff wanting to see what they had in Sungletary/Moss? They have a much better picture of what those two can do after Singletary’s second year and Moss’ first year.

Just thoughts.

I would agree with that, IF they didn’t run Gore 1 yard at a time non stop while Yeldon twiddled his thumbs for a whole season. 

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Because they couldn't figure out wheat to do with him.

Chan Gailey is pretty good at making something out of a player If its there to make IMO. 

(Its true, I want Harris in a Bills uni, which I'll admit might be clouding my judgement)

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

Its so early to project these things, but i think this is a true 3 way race for rb1 heading into training camp.  i dont think moss or singletary see any favoritism, other than a +1 tie breaker for time spent here in a true tie.  singletary and moss both left alot to be desired out there, and i want this position group grinding harder than any others. 

lets see who wants to get to the top of the hill, maintain it, and pull away from the rest of the pack. we know what this roster is limited in, and were basically showing up with the same line and backs. this is how you squeeze any juice thats left in the tank. im also completely on board with rb in rd1 if he is true BPA!

I don’t get how people thinks this means we won’t draft a running back. It’s a one year deal, and as people have pointed out there are injury concerns. 

I like that we got him, but I think we’re set up perfectly for bpa in mostly all positions. If there’s a guy that the Bills really like at 30 I don’t think the Bills pass because of Brieda. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1