Bills sign RB Matt Breida

njbuff

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep.

Back in the 90's I used to say that the 3rd best athlete on most NFL teams was the 3rd string RB(who basically never played back then).

Evolving into a pass-centric league has actually put the best athletes on the field.

What the league needs to do though is figure out a bonus system or different pay scale for players who run the football.........those dudes take too much of the abuse for too little pay.

As I pointed out Travis Etienne touched the ball over 800 times in 4 years in college...........Steve Largent and Shannon Sharp caught 819 passes each in 14 year NFL careers........the beating RB's take relative to other skill positions is substantial.

And they know they're taking it. I took thousands of hits playing running back for over a decade

I could have played wide receiver and taken 75% less hits.. but guess what I wanted the Rock in my hand

Like etienne , and most rbs. They know what position they're playing, they want the Rock

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And they know they're taking it. I took thousands of hits playing running back for over a decade

I could have played wide receiver and taken 75% less hits.. but guess what I wanted the Rock in my hand

Like etienne , and most rbs. They know what position they're playing, they want the Rock

With the 4 and 5 star recruits though............these kids families have dollar signs in their eyes..........those kids don't always get to choose what THEY want.

I remember reading a story about Patrick Peterson years ago and how he had desperately wanted to be a RB but his father said no way..........the money is at CB.......and the rest is history.

Peterson is the kind of athlete that might have run for 8k-10K yards 20 years ago........those guys aren't even playing the position now.

It's a shock when you see a guy like Derrick Henry who has a $20M per year pass rusher body but somehow ends up staying at RB.

• Like (+1) 2