Bills sign RB Matt Breida

njbuff

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I hope people don't think this eliminates Harris (or other top RB) from the draft especially if he drops. Breida is a camp body the way I see it and he'll compete. It would be very hard for them to pass up somebody like that at 30. He could be replacing Singletary for all we know.

Anything is possible at 30. Lots of options. Of course that means trading down might be a good idea too.

34 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I do think he seemed to learn a lot working for Dave Gettleman..........a lot of what not to do.

There is something to that notion, I sent my LT from the military a thank you text once I got into management, and I thanked him for showing me how not to be a leader. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Traded for what? Who is so desperate at running back they’d give anything up for him? Have you browsed free agent running backs left? Motor currently has zero value. Zero 

To be fair, the guy has a 2 year average of 4.8 yards per carry. That ain’t chopped liver. If Beane can get picks for some of those other guys, he gets something for Singletary if he wants to. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Should we sign Matt Breida?

"No way! That guy is overrated, always injured, and couldn't crack the starting lineup in Miami!"

*Bills sign Matt Breida*

"Oh, I love the move! He's fast and the Dolphins were dumb to not play him more!"

Two Bills Drive, everyone...

Cruel, but fair 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, Brieda was never a Panther, which is odd.  But this article solves the mystery.

Brieda checks the other box.

"As a student-athlete at Nature Coast Technical High School (Florida), Breida also kept himself busy by wrestling in the winter and running track in the spring—a potent multi-sport recipe for any football player."

• Haha (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Yes, Brieda was never a Panther, which is odd.  But this article solves the mystery.

Brieda checks the other box.

"As a student-athlete at Nature Coast Technical High School (Florida), Breida also kept himself busy by wrestling in the winter and running track in the spring—a potent multi-sport recipe for any football player."

answering the real questions.

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well needed a RB with speed. Hopefully he can catch decent also. But yeah I'm not too familiar with him either. So we'll see how it goes.

He was one of Frisco’s main backs during their Super Bowl run. He’s fast but has had a hard time staying healthy and he didn’t do much of anything in Miami and they traded for him last year to go along with Jordan Howard and that RB group went no where fast

45 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Bag of Lays and a Snickers bar, obviously 

Beat me to it by one second LOL

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I like Breida. But I see this more as a replacement for Yeldon and insurance more than anything else. Could easily see Singletary, Moss, Breida, and a Draft Pick battling it out for 3 positions with the odd man out being traded (if it's Singletary) or released (if it's Breida).

You sayThat now because you remember his time in Miami if you went back to his time in San Francisco you would say we are getting a feature back who can break a touchdown every time he touch the ball

• Agree 1

I don’t foresee any trades until potentially after TC. If Breida beats out one of the top 2 or one is drafted relatively high, singletary could get dealt before the season.  But they will hang on to all of them until then because of injuries imo. Breida can easily get cut after TC if they draft one. 

• Like (+1) 3

This is truly a hedge your bet pickup. He is better than Wade as a return candidate to compete against McKenzie since no Rugby guy ever fields balls at the angles of the NFL and he also is no worse than Yeldon as an RB3. He could just as easily be cut. Low risk pickup. 

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You sayThat now because you remember his time in Miami if you went back to his time in San Francisco you would say we are getting a feature back who can break a touchdown every time he touch the ball

He averaged a little over 600 yards a season in his 3 years in San Francisco and was such a "feature back" that they traded him. Not saying he's trash - but "feature back" is really overselling the move. Especially after last season.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I like Breida. But I see this more as a replacement for Yeldon and insurance more than anything else. Could easily see Singletary, Moss, Breida, and a Draft Pick battling it out for 3 positions with the odd man out being traded (if it's Singletary) or released (if it's Breida).

I think we’re still drafting either Harris or Williams if they fall to us. Yeldon and singletary are most likely getting cut or traded. 

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

He averaged a little over 600 yards a season in his 3 years in San Francisco and was such a "feature back" that they traded him. Not saying he's trash - but "feature back" is really overselling the move. Especially after last season.

My feature back I don’t mean bell cow I mean a player that makes big plays for the team Breida was in a rotation there like he would be here

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think we’re still drafting either Harris or Williams if they fall to us. Yeldon and singletary are most likely getting cut or traded. 

Singleterry would have to get cut in order for me to lean that way now I think we’re going defense and 30

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

My feature back I don’t mean bell cow I mean a player that makes big plays for the team Breida was in a rotation there like he would be here

Singleterry would have to get cut in order for me to lean that way now I think we’re going defense and 30

I think we get Harris or Williams, but I agree we should go defense heavy in the draft

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Beat me to it by one second LOL

The RPO game is gonna be awesome.