Bills sign RB Matt Breida

njbuff

These are intentional signings.  We have added an element to the run game.  Speed.  I watched his highlights.  He's super fast.  

Somebody said we did nothing about the edge position.  Obada is an upgrade.  Dude is a rock, who had more sacks in 39% of playing time last year than anybody on our team.  Epenesa's second half was really good.  Hughes is good.  We have an interior rush thanks to the return of Star.  Let's see who falls to #19, or if Beane trades up to get Kwity Paye or somebody like that.

We don't have a lot of needs.  We kept our CB2 and Dane Jackson is coming on up.  I do believe we'll address that early in the draft.  Assante Samuel Jr?  Horn? Lots of candidates.  

28 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

I wonder if the Bills KR is on team as constructed.  McKenzie is not just a PR only candidate as he has experience as KOR with Broncos and us early on.  And Taiwan Jones has had 82 career KO returns.  Breida has also returned kicks albeit only 5 as a rookie in SF

The other guy who I wouldn't completely rule out as a return guy is Wade, kind of a wild card.   Don't know if there's some equivalent experience  in Rugby that Wade is used to seeing 11 guys charging down on him while he tries to catch an oblong shaped rotating object?  If so that could be his role.  Maybe the past two seasons, that's all he's been doing during practice, fielding kicks?

Now admittedly I just blew up my entire argument about having an extra roster slot for Breida as now using a slot up for Wade.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

We’re not talking about a pick in the top ten. It’s pick 30. If Beane and company believe they can get a true game changer at pick 30, I’m all for it. 

Unlike you, I’m open minded about all picks. You realize the board moves and changes based on picks made before yours, right? You’ve got to remain fluid and open while things are happening. 

Maybe you’re so used to being a fan of a team that has many needs that have to be filled. The Bills don’t have that problem. It will actually be very hard for a rookie to crack the starting lineup. So why not take the guy highest in your board? 

Id actually prefer going defense (possibly corner) but if Beane thinks he’s got the right guy, he won’t hear any complaints from me. All I’m saying is I’m glad Beane seems a little less rigid and myopic than some backseat gms in this thread. 

Actually I have liked all of Beane's first round picks..........which is easily a first wrt a Bills GM.

I do think he seemed to learn a lot working for Dave Gettleman..........a lot of what not to do.

And ol' Gettlenutz is just the guy to keep an open mind like you and select a RB or offensive guard in round 1 and call a loss a win.😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Singletary getting traded? Have to wonder.

For what- a bag of Lays?

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Am I the only one who wouldn’t be shocked to see Singletary traded?

For what- a Snickers bar?

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Am I the only one who wouldn’t be shocked to see Singletary traded?

Traded for what? Who is so desperate at running back they’d give anything up for him? Have you browsed free agent running backs left? Motor currently has zero value. Zero 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Should we sign Matt Breida?

"No way! That guy is overrated, always injured, and couldn't crack the starting lineup in Miami!"

*Bills sign Matt Breida*

"Oh, I love the move! He's fast and the Dolphins were dumb to not play him more!"

Two Bills Drive, everyone...

This is the way.

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Traded for what? Who is so desperate at running back they’d give anything up for him? Have you browsed free agent running backs left? Motor currently has zero value. Zero 

Who would have thought Beane could trade Lee Smith, AJ Mccarron, Tyrod Taylor, and Russell Bodine?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1