Bills sign RB Matt Breida

njbuff

20 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I was unaware that there was so much hate about the Bass pick..........that seems a bit exaggerated on your part.

I liked using a late pick on a talented kicker.........late round picks are fair game for any position.

As for getting a true game changer for 5 years..........that's a lot to ask of a RB nowadays.

Zeke Elliott was IMO the best RB prospect of the past decade of drafts...........and he's been the best producing RB selected in round 1 in that span........and has now actually played in the NFL for 5 years..........and still in 2 of those seasons handing the ball off to him has been a less-than-league-average per-carry proposition.  

The odds are more in favor of that RB ending up producing like Fournette or Sony Michel than they are getting 3 "game changer" seasons out of 5 like Elliott. 

The era of RB's you could expect to be good every year until they turned 30 seems to have ended with guys like AD and Shady..........the position doesn't pay so the best amateur athletes just don't say there.    Instead each draft class of RB's seems to be a field of players like Etienne who don't have the size or length to project to a more premium position.   Today's starting RB's are the athletes that would have been the backup RB's 20 years ago. 

Meh... this can go on forever. Neither of us are going to change the others opinion. 

Ill just end with this, the Chiefs took Clyde Edwards at 32 last year and I can guarantee no one in the Chiefs fandom or organization is second guessing that pick.

You don’t want to draft a RB at 30, I wouldn’t mind it. Case closed.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Disagree.... I think Moss or Singletary’s production could be duplicated rather easily by a guy like TJ Yeldon. 

Of course you do..., 

On 3/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, YoloinOhio said:

That's pretty impressive stuff. This kid is the real deal. And those SF highlights are sick.

On 3/25/2021 at 4:51 PM, Cray51 said:

Love this as a low risk medium reward signing.  Breida's speed can play well in either our screen game or our outside run game.  We have one of the best pull centers in the league, let's use him with Breida to allow him to get to the outside and turn upfield

A pull center isn't worth a crap unless the rest of the line is pulling too. Our guards are strong but can't pull anything but a muscle.

5 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

what about love ? 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mike Love? He stood next to Bryan Cox, Jr on the sideline at practice and hilarity ensued.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I liked it better when he stood next to Gerhard de Beer

I liked it better when he was pickin' up good vibrations.

On 3/25/2021 at 4:25 PM, MJS said:

I was confused at how little playing time he got in Miami. I expected him to be their lead back. Let's hope we use him more in Buffalo.

Miami had a 2 QB system, I wouldn't I wouldn't judge anyone from that offense harshly  

On 3/26/2021 at 1:13 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I was unaware that there was so much hate about the Bass pick..........that seems a bit exaggerated on your part.

I liked using a late pick on a talented kicker.........late round picks are fair game for any position.

As for getting a true game changer for 5 years..........that's a lot to ask of a RB nowadays.

Zeke Elliott was IMO the best RB prospect of the past decade of drafts...........and he's been the best producing RB selected in round 1 in that span........and has now actually played in the NFL for 5 years..........and still in 2 of those seasons handing the ball off to him has been a less-than-league-average per-carry proposition.  

The odds are more in favor of that RB ending up producing like Fournette or Sony Michel than they are getting 3 "game changer" seasons out of 5 like Elliott. 

The era of RB's you could expect to be good every year until they turned 30 seems to have ended with guys like AD and Shady..........the position doesn't pay so the best amateur athletes just don't say there.    Instead each draft class of RB's seems to be a field of players like Etienne who don't have the size or length to project to a more premium position.   Today's starting RB's are the athletes that would have been the backup RB's 20 years ago. 

right on the money..  in fact going back further the very best athletes were the RBs.Guys like Tyrod would have been an excellent RB instead of a barely mediocre QB.

Michael Vick would have been a legendary RB.

5 hours ago, Tcali said:

right on the money..  in fact going back further the very best athletes were the RBs.Guys like Tyrod would have been an excellent RB instead of a barely mediocre QB.

Michael Vick would have been a legendary RB.

Yep.

Back in the 90's I used to say that the 3rd best athlete on most NFL teams was the 3rd string RB(who basically never played back then).

Evolving into a pass-centric league has actually put the best athletes on the field.

What the league needs to do though is figure out a bonus system or different pay scale for players who run the football.........those dudes take too much of the abuse for too little pay.

As I pointed out Travis Etienne touched the ball over 800 times in 4 years in college...........Steve Largent and Shannon Sharp caught 819 passes each in 14 year NFL careers........the beating RB's take relative to other skill positions is substantial.