Bills sign RB Matt Breida

njbuff

30 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He averaged a little over 600 yards a season in his 3 years in San Francisco and was such a "feature back" that they traded him. Not saying he's trash - but "feature back" is really overselling the move. Especially after last season.

OK I'm sorry but it seems your Breida stat hunting.  He was NOT the feature back for 3 years in SF.

In his entire NFL career he has never been a featured RB.

His 1st year at SF Carols Hyde was the #1 back.  He came to SF as a UDFA and made some noise.

His 2nd year he was not the feature back taking only 34% of the offensive snaps.  He was the leading yard gainer.

His 3rd year he took the least amount of snaps of the 3 headed monster of Coleman/Mostert/Breida.

Breida was close to the top of my FA list after Lindsay.  He can easily made this team as a change of pace RB.

Singletary and Moss do not change how defenses scheme against the Bills at all.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

25 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Not saying he's trash - but "feature back" is really overselling the move. Especially after last season.

I apologize BillsFan I overread your post with my reply to you and didn't see how you were replying to another.

That being said he is nothing more than a change of pace like I said.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/11/2021 at 2:31 PM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

But did he ever play for the Panthers?

I guess that disqualifies him!

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Hmmmmm. Speed mever hurts.

It would help. All I can think of is the Bills chasing the Chiefs around and Pittman of the Colts...they looked slow!

9 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I guess that disqualifies him!

It would help. All I can think of is the Bills chasing the Chiefs around and Pittman of the Colts...they looked slow!

Yep.  Breida our first offseason addition that improves team speed.  I think our 1st rounder is a CB or big nickel with speed.  Our secondary is good but needs an infusion of speed.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd still take Harris or Williams if there potentially at 30.  Or, most likely, a team that really wants one of those guys would be willing to trade with us.  I think we still need upgrades at OG, DT, and DE and TE.  I'd go in that order in the draft because they seem to have the most instant impact.  

I'd even swap 1st and trade 2nd and 5th for ability to grab Pitts.  

that is a good question: why did Miami barley use him???  

I'm really not a fan of "going in that order". 

It's a recipe for reach. Let the draft come to us.

14 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Opportunity knocks :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Love the signing.  Don’t waste another high pick on a RB.  You can get good production from backs like Breida.  

Agreed, the bills are a passing team. Not saying we shouldn't improve the run game but that 1st rounder for edge rush/ cb2 or trade back and get even more picks is the smart franchise move. Breida brings the speed and hands we lacked for little money and zero draft capitol. I love it.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

Love this. He'll be in the rotation.

Nice hands, great breakaway speed.

I'm concerned about his last year with the Phins. Not sure what to make of that. If we're getting Niners Breida then sign me up. He's a difference maker.

Ya it was weird that they didn't utilize him but that was a weird season for the phins they didn't even know who their QB was. 

I just love not dropping the draft capitol or money on an RB, look at other massive investment RBs, there's already been rumors about guys like mcaffrey and Barkley getting traded. 

On 3/10/2021 at 8:15 PM, njbuff said:

He wouldn't cost anything and he could be the speed back the Bills need.

I have a feeling that there will be changes on the OL and not at RB, so Breida should be a low cost high reward type signing.

He's only 26 and was barely used (but disappointing to the Dolphins) in 2020.

What do you think?

maybe to make everyone think we’re not going RB in the first round ?

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Should we sign Matt Breida?

"No way! That guy is overrated, always injured, and couldn't crack the starting lineup in Miami!"

*Bills sign Matt Breida*

"Oh, I love the move! He's fast and the Dolphins were dumb to not play him more!"

Two Bills Drive, everyone...

This is pretty much all of my friends too. I suggested Emmanuel Sanders to them after Brown was cut and they all hated him. I tell them we signed him and it’s omg I love him great move.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Yep.  Breida our first offseason addition that improves team speed.  I think our 1st rounder is a CB or big nickel with speed.  Our secondary is good but needs an infusion of speed.  

The back field is now technically faster, now we need defensive speed.