Bills sign RB Matt Breida

njbuff

Just now, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I’m thinking Cb at 30? Will there be some good talent available? I don’t think Levi is really viewed as our number 2. Or is Jackson ready to step into that role.. 

Yes there is expected to be decent value at CB available at 30. 

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think many people will agree but he’s Yeldons replacement imo. 
Still gonna be Moss, Singletary and Taiwan active on gamedays. He will need an injury to get a chance, and he’ll have to do well to stay in the rotation after. It’s a great signing though 

I suspect he will be in the running for RB2 behind Moss.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I’m thinking Cb at 30? Will there be some good talent available? I don’t think Levi is really viewed as our number 2. Or is Jackson ready to step into that role.. 

I think Beane is going to go best player available. 

I am hoping that “best player” is at corner or a DE though 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Really the only position (besides RB, but I hate drafting RB that early), where the player will come in and start right away.  The draft has some really good CBs and we have a hole there.

Hope this means that god-awful Chiefs game was the last I have to see singletary on this team. 

If the knock on Brenda is he couldn’t crack the Dolphins lineup (some say because of injuries); the knock on Singletary is he was completely ineffective all season and topped it off with an all-time pathetic performance. 

And I actually liked him after his rookie season. I think the fumbling got into his head and he stopped breaking ankles altogether. 

• Like (+1) 2

Hate to be the Negative Nancy, but......

STILL haven't solved the run blocking problem.

STILL haven't solved the run defense problem.

STILL haven't addressed the lack of a pass rush.

I hope to hell this team drafts well, because so far we've upgraded our depth IMHO and not solved any of our Top Three issues which kept us out of the Super Bowl.

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I hope to hell this team drafts well, because so far we've upgraded our depth IMHO and not solved any of our Top Three issues which kept us out of the Super Bowl.

Star aids significantly in the run defense area.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

1. I think there will be big changes in terms of the actual scheme of the run game and will do a lot more runs with Morse pulling.

2. I think they are banking on star coming back and making an impact, as well as Oliver making a huge leap in year 3.

3. definitely disappointed in them not really addressing the pass rush. They need to add an impact player here somehow.

41 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Know this is a popular move, but it doesn't move the needle much for me.    Decent player who adds speed to the roster, but I also can see him as a guy who is deactivated on game days.   Good level two free agent who could add to the team but its a crowded room especially with Jones on the roster for special teams.

hey if devin or moss go down like they did last year he's a vet guy who can line up. depth is king.  loving db or lb with the first pick in the draft even more. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, bourbonboy said:

Looking at his career stats, he did do some kick returning his first year with SF....wonder if Bills may give him a look there?

Like McKenzie, he has returned some kicks in his career. The problem is that neither has shown to be good at it, at least in Breida's defense it was only a handful of tries.

25 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think it's mostly wishful thinking from people that didn't want a RB in the draft in the first place (myself included). We're already likely looking at cutting/trading/deactivating one of our talented RBs as is. It's certainly possible that we draft one of the top RBs and then cut Breida and trade/cut Singletary but I'm really hoping that isn't the way we use our draft picks.

Fair enough. I’m just all about bpa this year. It’s been so long since we can say it would be very hard for a draft pick to be a starter on this team. 

I trust our guys to make the right choices so if they feel that high on a guy I’m all in. 

36 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Seem like Beanes favorite way to hit the draft is with some kind of solution for each hole so they have the flexibility to really get a BPA.  

It doesn't just seem that way.  That is exactly what Beane says he does.  Fill holes in free agency, take BPA in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 5