Bills sign RB Matt Breida

njbuff

He was mediocre in SF and worse in a Miami.  It’s too bad as I saw him a couple of times in Brooksville in HS.  For those that don’t know it’s a risky dink town about 50 minutes north of Tampa.  He looked so fast back then, but he was playing against slower players.

Maybe give him a workout post draft and I’m sure Daboll and McD will evaluate whether he can contribute on this team.

Everyone keeps kicking the tires on every RB that pops into the internet. What about our own locker room? Who’s the kid who came off the bench and looked like a real legitimate running back at the end of last season? Why go shopping for a backup when he’s already on the roster.

• Agree 2

I don’t know anyone wants to sign a veteran rb to a deal when you can draft/ find a guy much cheaper with less miles.  Miami had like 3 rbs better than Breida last year. It shouldn’t be that hard to find a Rb.

it’s funny that we sucked for so many years but always could find a good rb. Now we’re good and it’s like our biggest problem haha. 

I'd be all for this in a "bring him in and let him earn a spot" kind of way. Obviously intriguing upside, but between the injuries and the constant thought of "if he was going to pop, he'd have popped by now", that's about the most I'd go.

He's the right type of player this offense could use, no question; just not sure if he's the specific player this offense needs... 

• 2 weeks later...