ROOKIE RB TARGET

So now I have watched film on Najee Harris, Etienne and Javonte Williams. Etienne is probably no. 1.

Then, I like Williams better then Harris. While Harris is a little more powerful, Williams looks quicker, shiftier

and more likely to bust one. At 225 lbs., he also has power. Harris highlights do not contain one fake out of a defender.

Williams is also more of a second round target than round one, although getting him at 61 is probably unlikely.

His pro day is March 29. Hopefully, he runs the 40.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This^^^^ RB’s in the first round make no sense any more.

But it gets fans on message boards excited like it's their fantasy football team.

And it gives radio show hosts a topic that isn't the Buffalo Sabres.

:lol:

Am I the only one who thinks Breida signing does not preclude Etienne of Harris at #30? - just like an Obada signing does not preclude a Rousseau, Paye or Phillips pickup at #30, if Beaner feels one of these players is BPA.

I know Etienne comp is Kamara and Harris comp is Henry - and I was torn between them for a long time - but now, for the record, am firmly in the Harris camp - With the receiving weapons we have, what we need is that power runner to get those 3-4 yards in the red zone. Also am a lil concerned about Etienne's fumbleitis and the quality of Clemson's opponents.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

20 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Am I the only one who thinks Breida signing does not preclude Etienne of Harris at #30? - just like an Obada signing does not preclude a Rousseau, Paye or Phillips pickup at #30, if Beaner feels one of these players is BPA.

I know Etienne comp is Kamara and Harris comp is Henry - and I was torn between them for a long time - but now, for the record, am firmly in the Harris camp - With the receiving weapons we have, what we need is that power runner to get those 3-4 yards in the red zone. Also am a lil concerned about Etienne's fumbleitis and the quality of Clemson's opponents.

Nope. i think most are on board.  other than qb, theres not a single position group that would surprise me.  normally bpa comes with a side asterisk of consideration to position of need, but i truely believe that goes out the window, short of a tie breaker between 2 equally ranked players

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wagon Circler said:

So now I have watched film on Najee Harris, Etienne and Javonte Williams. Etienne is probably no. 1.

Then, I like Williams better then Harris. While Harris is a little more powerful, Williams looks quicker, shiftier

and more likely to bust one. At 225 lbs., he also has power. Harris highlights do not contain one fake out of a defender.

Williams is also more of a second round target than round one, although getting him at 61 is probably unlikely.

His pro day is March 29. Hopefully, he runs the 40.

Not

gonna

happen

2 hours ago, Wagon Circler said:

Forget everything. We just signed Breida.

Delete the thread

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

This^^^^ RB’s in the first round make no sense any more.

Nah, Breida's not going to keep this front office from drafting Ettiene or Harris if they think he's the best pick.

Breida's more like a safety net in case we make it through the entire draft and a RB fit never feels like reasonable value.

If anything, Breida is a head fake to keep other RB needy teams from jumping above us to take a guy we might like than he is a "solution" for the RB position.

• Like (+1) 1

Breida, whose star has dimmed considerably since his promising 2018, gives the Bills an experienced option for their No. 3 spot. T.J. Yeldon was allowed to walk in free agency. Breida had a disappointing 2020 in Miami, managing just 68 touches for a backfield that was in dire need of healthy runners. Breida simply didn't impress the coaching staff. Breida will be regarded as a product of Kyle Shanahan's running back-friendly system until he proves otherwise. 2021 will be his age-26 campaign. He is not going to push Devin Singletary or Zack Moss for work. https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/player/11877/matt-breida

He brings speed to the Bills’ backfield. The 5-foot-9, 195-pounder ran the 40-yard dash in 4.38 seconds coming out of Georgia Southern University in 2017. He played his first three seasons with San Francisco........................ https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-add-depth-at-running-back-with-ex-dolphin-matt-breida/article_aa71ae4e-8da8-11eb-b1dd-0ff7c6b486a3.html

The draft is whete you find spots that provide the biggest upgrades to your roster. We need the biggest upgrades at CB2 and DE and then at G, C, and Big Nickel, Big DL depth and Swing Tackle. That’s 7 positions in more need of a major upgrade than RB right now unless you are going round 1RB which would seriously impact the huge impact you could have on the upgrade to CB2 or DE for years to come. They may even surprise you and draft Mitch Morse’s replacement in the first 2 rounds! 

Edited by Locomark

3 hours ago, BruceSlayne said:

Javonte Williams all day! His game against the U is reason enough to get him

I think we take Williams in the 2nd or Carter in the 3rd. The closer we get to the draft the less likely we go RB @ 30. Especially with pass rushers signing elsewhere.