Gil Brandt’s Top 100

19 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Interesting rundown but I am surprised that Andre Cisco didn’t make the top 100.

I do not see Asante Samuel Jr either.   CBs are in a very different order than I’ve seen.  Maybe there’s a lot of disagreement on them in NFL circles.  Could be a good value position in the first or second round.  Also JOK at 45. Damn. 

• Like (+1) 1

My one knock on Gil...

He literally says Justin Fields could move up his board because of a good pro day

I've never talked to an actual scout or coach that actually moved somebody up their board because of a pro day .. that's a pundit thing

Looking bad might hurt your stock a bit, but if you're a top notch evaluator or scout, nothing you see should change your evaluation from game tape.. the pro day verifies some things you see on tape

It doesn't add anything, except getting to see the ball live

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Nester said:

I love the RB's near our pick. 

That or edge obv. 

Thanks for posting, i enjoy gils lists. 

You know I do too but we better duck when we say it around here!  LOL.

I think it's a missing piece on offense.

They all seem to be good pass catchers which makes it all the more intriguing.

If Beane did that he could go with D with his next 4 picks for all I would care.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, 947 said:

Interesting that he has 3 Pass Rushers right around where we pick.

This means nothing really.  people have a top 100 then they pick for need.  Phillips, Rousseau and Payne expected to be gone by 25

The list has Pitts TE at #3 yet I doubt he is drafted till 5 or higher.

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

At the end of day 2, two of these players will be wearing Bills blue. The million dollar question is which 2?

Are we trading a pick? Or are you assuming they pick someone not on the list?

Bills have 30, 61, and 93

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 1

Maybe others feel differently, but I have not been impressed with Gil Brandt as a writer or NFL analyst. I know he has a good history in the league, but his writing always seems pretty superficial to me. And I highly doubt he puts in the time for film study that he once did. But, that's just my impression. I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I am not at all surprised he has TE Kyle Pitts at #3.  It kinda looks like something is wrong when you watch him play, like a grown man playing with his little nephews. 

If there ever was a year we had the capital to trade up for a TE, this is it. Pitts looks like a freak. Still see us going DE @ 30.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

My one knock on Gil...

He literally says Justin Fields could move up his board because of a good pro day

I've never talked to an actual scout or coach that actually moved somebody up their board because of a pro day .. that's a pundit thing

Looking bad might hurt your stock a bit, but if you're a top notch evaluator or scout, nothing you see should change your evaluation from game tape.. the pro day verifies some things you see on tape

It doesn't add anything, except getting to see the ball live

Except in this case scouts had limited or no opportunity to see him in person - only on tape.  Likewise, scouts and GMs likely haven’t talked with him in person (maybe by Zoom) due to COVID.

Edited by OldTimer1960

21 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Except in this case scouts had limited or no opportunity to see him in person - only on tape.  Likewise, scouts and GMs likely haven’t talked with him in person (maybe by Zoom) due to COVID.

Regional scouts had all of last year to see him, as well as getting to attend Georgia practices to see him, and Ohio State practices at times the past 3 season's

And you still have all the tape from this year

There is way more than enough tape and info on Justin fields, not like Trey Lance who is a mystery

I understand talking to him. But nothing about his throws on his pro day should change anything about his draft status

Edited by Buffalo716

This is what I am talking about. This years boards will be (much) more different from scout to scout and team to team than before.

I see many people saying that no chance that player X will be on board at 30, but I am pretty sure we will have lot of unexpected choices. Some guys like Toney, JOK, Rousseau, Phillips, Horn and so on will be available.