Do WR’s hate Lamar Jackson ?

Juju Smith Shuster turned down more money from the Ravens to stay in Pittsburgh.  

TY Hilton has also declined signing a huge multi year deal with the Ravens today.  

The media always placing Lamars failures on the wideouts seems to be scaring new targets away.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't know about TY but ju ju has always been, or acted like, a me first type of player. 

I know all receivers want the ball but in the ravens case it seems like more attention on lamar takes away from the other guys. 

Just now, The Wiz said:

I don't know about TY but ju ju has always been, or acted like, a me first type of player. 

I know all receivers want the ball but in the ravens case it seems like more attention on lamar takes away from the other guys. 

I personally feel like Hollywood Brown is a lot better than people think he is but he will never show it while he plays with Lamar.

I like Lamar as a dude and he's got some amazing skills, but unfortunately not many play well at the QB position.

• Like (+1) 5

I think they know that is not a place where WRs flourish so unless it’s a giant multi year deal, their value could diminish for next year (when more money will be a available) by going there for one year. It’s partly lamar’s playing style and partly that Roman offense in general. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 6

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Juju Smith Shuster turned down more money from the Ravens to stay in Pittsburgh.  

TY Hilton has also declined signing a huge multi year deal with the Ravens today.  

The media always placing Lamars failures on the wideouts seems to be scaring new targets away.  

I don't know if they hate Jackson, but these guys saying no to Baltimore doesn't surprise me. 

In the thread I started that people loved to hate, I said that you can't build a winner with a running quarterback.  

People said, "well, just give him some good receivers, and you'll see that offense take off."  Well, if you're a good receiver, why would you want to go to a team where your job is to be a threat that helps open up the running game?   Why would you want to go to a team that has a guy who has never shown that he can be a top-end passer?   You wouldn't.  

Why did John Brown go to Baltimore instead of Buffalo?   Because Baltimore had Flacco and Buffalo had an unproven rookie.   Why did he leave Baltimore for Buffalo?   Because Flacco lost the job Jackson and Allen demonstrated that he could really throw it, that's why. 

Why did Sanders leave New Orleans for Buffalo?  Why not Baltimore?   It's obvious.  Stefon Diggs and Emanuel Sanders want to play with a pocket passer who can complete every pass in the playbook, not with a guy who wants to run the ball twenty times a game.  

• Like (+1) 13
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Different spin on this, but both Juju and TY took one year deals (as did Fuller, who wasn’t mentioned and I have 0 idea if Baltimore pursued or not), as opposed to longer deals. We’ll never know the specifics of those negotiations, but the way that that Bal front office operates, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they tried to get those guys on multiple-year discounted contracts. 

Just a guess, but I’ll say that the contract specifics probably played a bigger role than the QB. It’s not like Carson Wentz or Big Ben’s corpse are destination QBs...

• Like (+1) 1

I put much of the fault on Roman's schemes as much as Jackson. He's very vanilla in the passing game, so much so that Jackson and others talked about how defenses knew what plays they were going to run pre-snap. The only WR ever to get 1,000 yds in a Roman offense was Michael Crabtree, one time, if I am not mistaken. 

• Like (+1) 1

Baltimore isn't an offense that will make you look great as a WR.  But they are a long-standing playoff caliber team. If the dollars are there players won't turn it down.

This has been the theme on the ravens board since they lost to the BIlls. It's a tough one. Do you reject a scheme that has you a perennial contender because you think you are too one dimensional? If so you risk asking Lamar to not play to his best strengths. Do you invest in a position which won't best be used in that scheme?

Quite the dilemma.

Edited by Seoulofstone
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

I put much of the fault on Roman's schemes as much as Jackson. He's very vanilla in the passing game, so much so that Jackson and others talked about how defenses knew what plays they were going to run pre-snap. The only WR ever to get 1,000 yds in a Roman offense was Michael Crabtree, one time, if I am not mistaken. 

Anquan boldin, and sammy watkins

Hate is a strong word, but NFL players for the most part are business savvy.  Lamar has a very hard time throwing outside the hash, it's been that way since college and the Ravens aren't forcing him to develop.  He is a good football player who is limited as a passer.   Its a tight end driven offense, and wideouts wont get the shine if they go there.

Agree, with what one of you said above.   Hollywood Brown is an incredibly talented wideout who is being wasted there.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2