Do WR’s hate Lamar Jackson ?

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Anquan boldin, and sammy watkins

Sammy's 1,000yd season was under Kromer I thought?

Never mind, I'm an idiot :lol::oops:

Edited by H2o
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

Sammy's 1,000yd season was under Kromer I thought?

2015, on only 96 targets too.  That was that year where Tyrod was money on the deep ball.  

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Hate is a strong word, but NFL players for the most part are business savvy.  Lamar has a very hard time throwing outside the hash, it's been that way since college and the Ravens aren't forcing him to develop.  He is a good football player who is limited as a passer.   Its a tight end driven offense, and wideouts wont get the shine if they go there.

Agree, with what one of you said above.   Hollywood Brown is an incredibly talented wideout who is being wasted there.

Romans offense never has stuff over the middle.  Didn't with Kaep, didnt with tyrod, doesnt with LJ.  Too much turnover potential, and the offense is built around not turning it over.  QBs buy time, but they take lots of sacks.  Probably preferable to take off and run if the teams in man.  

37 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Juju Smith Shuster turned down more money from the Ravens to stay in Pittsburgh.  

TY Hilton has also declined signing a huge multi year deal with the Ravens today.  

The media always placing Lamars failures on the wideouts seems to be scaring new targets away.  

You may be onto something. Besides the media narrative,  it also may have to do with not having enough targets.

47 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Juju Smith Shuster turned down more money from the Ravens to stay in Pittsburgh.  

TY Hilton has also declined signing a huge multi year deal with the Ravens today.  

The media always placing Lamars failures on the wideouts seems to be scaring new targets away.  

home town discounts--any wizard can make this happen, no?

28 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Baltimore isn't an offense that will make you look great as a WR.  But they are a long-standing playoff caliber team. If the dollars are there players won't turn it down.

This has been the theme on the ravens board since they lost to the BIlls. It's a tough one. Do you reject a scheme that has you a perennial contender because you think you are too one dimensional? If so you risk asking Lamar to not play to his beat qualities. Do you invest in a position which won't best be used in that scheme. 

Quite the dilemma.

They will need to invest in WR in the draft as they have been because the FA route has been dead to them for years. 

53 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Different spin on this, but both Juju and TY took one year deals (as did Fuller, who wasn’t mentioned and I have 0 idea if Baltimore pursued or not), as opposed to longer deals. We’ll never know the specifics of those negotiations, but the way that that Bal front office operates, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they tried to get those guys on multiple-year discounted contracts. 

Just a guess, but I’ll say that the contract specifics probably played a bigger role than the QB. It’s not like Carson Wentz or Big Ben’s corpse are destination QBs...

I saw multiple posts saying Juju turned down 9.5 mil plus incentives for more. Hes getting 8 in Pitt. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I saw multiple posts saying Juju turned down 9.5 mil plus incentives for more. Hes getting 8 in Pitt. 

This article seems to suggest that both offers were 1 year, so there goes my theory there. That said, if the difference is only $1.5M, I don't think it really says that much about him choosing to NOT uproot himself/family/ life, learn a new playbook, connect with new teammates, figure out a new city, etc. It's easy to forget that these are people with friends and families and relationships with their teammates and coaches, and comforts and familiarities... 

• Like (+1) 1

People are (for some reason) afraid to say negative things about Lamar Jackson. The guy isn’t a good passer. Great runner. A guy you can win with playing a certain way...can’t pass the ball. I don’t know why but there is an obsession with trying to make excuses about it. That’s the truth. People want to blame the lack of WRs. Jackson can’t throw to the outside. The WRs won’t matter if the guy can’t throw it to them. People want to blame the OC. Roman has done an amazing job with that team. It’s mind blowing to hear anyone think otherwise. He built an offense around an incredibly limited QB and scores a ton with a 1 dimensional offense. Jackson is not a good passer. That’s the long and short of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Most players want to win, but all players want accolades. Guys making All Pro, the Pro Bowl, & the HOF matters to them. There really isn't any path to even making the Pro Bowl as one of Lamar Jackson's WRs in their current offense, let alone accumulating the yearly or career numbers needed to be considered among the best. Nobody with other options is going there.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

I think it has more to do with how infrequently they throw the ball. Receivers want to come to teams like the Bills that throw the ball on nearly every down, not the Ravens where they spend most of their time blocking. 

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yes.  He doesn't throw outside the hashes.  He is frequently inaccurate.  His best play is breaking the play and then going scramble drill.  We saw the tweets from Hollywood Brown about "at least I got my cardio in" after getting few catchable balls his way.

• Like (+1) 1

I was impressed with him at Louisville. He had a bunch of drops and, like Allen, his bad throws were really bad. But the vision he has in his run game was present in the passing game too. Where he could lead a guy deep or shallow he chose the best leverage every time. And most of his passes weren't just good, they were pinpoint.

I don't know if it's a lack of NFL arm strength or Roman, but even in his MVP season, I was disappointed. I'd love to see him in an offense with a shorter passing game to see him hit some shallow stuff in stride. But even with his Roman-limited NFL tape, it's pretty clear, he's never going to be a top end passer.

30 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

This article seems to suggest that both offers were 1 year, so there goes my theory there. That said, if the difference is only $1.5M, I don't think it really says that much about him choosing to NOT uproot himself/family/ life, learn a new playbook, connect with new teammates, figure out a new city, etc. It's easy to forget that these are people with friends and families and relationships with their teammates and coaches, and comforts and familiarities... 

If they were all 1-year deals, you go with the best situation.  The Ravens were not.