Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

6 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Do you belong to many far-right militant organizations or are you just a poser?

There is little gene with a gibberish response.

National Border Patrol Council, AFGE, AFL/CIO - Official Union of the U.S. Border Patrol

That tweet was from the men and women guard ing our nations border

So you play big tough poster because you simply don't know what else to do

• Like (+1) 1

FEW PEOPLE REALIZE HOW BAD THIS ALREADY WAS BEFORE THE CURRENT OPEN BORDERS:  

Lone Hospital in Yuma, AZ, Crumbling After Spending $20 Million Taking Care of Migrants.

Back ten years ago, public schools and hospitals were already groaning under the weight of “new arrivals” coming here for the benes.

You can’t have a welfare state and open borders. Choose one. Since we can no longer afford the welfare state, I suggest you think carefully through this.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/02/yuma-az-lone-hospital-crumbling-after-spending-20-million-taking-care-of-migrants/

HE MAY BE BLIND BUT HE SEES SOME THINGS CLEARLY:  

Ex-NY Gov. David Paterson slams asylum process, calls it a budding ‘industry’.

The US should be prioritizing its own homeless population rather than migrants from other countries, former New York Gov. David Paterson said on Sunday — while claiming that the asylum process is “starting to become an industry.”

https://nypost.com/2023/02/05/ex-ny-gov-paterson-slams-asylum-calls-it-a-budding-industry/

• Like (+1) 2

We will see.

A good start (if true), but I don't think that the real leaders will let it happen on this scale.  A few for photographs and appearances, but thats it.

Biden administration prepares for mass deportations of non-Mexicans to Mexico

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador is negotiating with the Biden administration to accept non-Mexican migrants deported by the United States. The potential agreement will allow U.S. authorities to carry out large-scale deportations for the first time. One former Clinton official calls it a game-changer.

This agreement could prove to be a breakthrough in securing the southern border. The ability to quickly deport non-Mexican migrants back across the border will reduce the record numbers of illegal crossings. The top immigration official during the Clinton administration, Doris Meissner, said this is likely a precedent. Mass deportations of non-Mexicans to Mexico could be a “game-changer.” She said, “I think we’re into a new era and new territory.”

A deal has not formally been reached but the U.S. and Mexican officials said the plan being discussed would support measures DHS is preparing to announce next week that will penalize the claims of asylum-seekers who cross illegally or fail to apply for protection in nations they travel through to get to the U.S. border. There will be a “presumption against asylum eligibility”. The Biden administration told the Supreme Court in a briefing this week that illegal border crossers who ace deportation claim a fear of persecution in their home countries.

When the pandemic began in 2020, the U.S. government put Title 42 into effect at the recommendation of the CDC. This enabled the expelling of many non-Mexicans to Mexico under the public health law. However, the Biden administration officials argue that formal deportations create legal consequences they need to deter illegal crossings. There is little doubt that immigration activists and other Democrats will oppose the agreement.

The use of the word ‘removals’ seems to be the key to the new agreement. Deportations would be carried out using the fast-track process known as “expedited removal.” That is according to the Federal Register Notices and officials with knowledge of the plans. Notices issued by DHS last month make multiple references to Mexico accepting U.S. “removals.” That is the term for deportations when Title 42 restrictions expire.

Removals will be limited to Cubans, Nicaraguans, Haitians, and Venezuelans when the U.S. is unable to send them to their home countries. Sometimes deportees have been sent to other countries when their home countries refuse to accept them but not at this scale. The Trump administration used the Remain in Mexico program which required thousands of migrants to wait outside U.S. territory while their asylum claims were processed but it didn’t send applicants back to Mexico as deportees.

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/02/09/game-changer-biden-administration-prepares-for-mass-deportations-of-non-mexicans-to-mexico-n529428

• Like (+1) 1

IF YOU HAD ANY DOUBT WHO WAS IN CHARGE AT THE BORDER: 

No One Crosses Unlawfully From Mexico Without Working With Cartels, Former Border Patrol Chief Says. 

“They’re either directly paying the cartels or the cartels are controlling their movements for another benefit, meaning to systematically overwhelm Border Patrol, create a gap in the border security, and then bring the narcotics across.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/02/10/no-one-crosses-unlawfully-from-mexico-without-working-with-cartels-former-border-patrol-chief-says/

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Make more immigrants come in legally, just like you guys said was the way you wanted it

More legal immigration :) 

I'm happy they are expanding legal immigration.  I would like to see the plan on how these people will be integrated.  I am especially interested where they will be housed given the housing shortage and national increases in homelessness.  

Just now, Precision said:

I'm happy they are expanding legal immigration.  I would like to see the plan on how these people will be integrated.  I am especially interested where they will be housed given the housing shortage and national increases in homelessness.  

Home builders, supplier of raw materials for building and transportation workers all need workers to get more homes built. 

17 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Make more immigrants come in legally, just like you guys said was the way you wanted it

More legal immigration :) 

Oh you mean going back to what Trump was doing.  Yes, great idea finally. :rolleyes:

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Home builders, supplier of raw materials for building and transportation workers all need workers to get more homes built. 

So just to clarify, more legal immigrants will allow the US to increase the housing supply and thereby eliminate homelessness?  Do we have any data on how many of these people are licensed electricians, plumbers, etc. or are they just going to "start building houses"?  Any thoughts on where they will live while they are busy building all these dwellings, there are currently over half a million homeless people in the US.

8 hours ago, Precision said:

none of the homeless in my town seem to be immigrants.  White man can’t work in agriculture. We all know this. It’s hard labor.