Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

Biden approval numbers on immigration sink amid border crisis: poll

by Paul Steinhauser

A new poll indicates that Americans are giving President Biden a big thumbs up on dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.But when it comes to the divisive issue of immigration and border security, the survey suggests that the president's approval rating plummets. Just a third of Americans questioned in an NPR/Marist poll released on Tuesday say they approve of Biden's handling of the issue of immigration, with 53% saying they disapprove of his performance. While two-thirds of Democrats say they approve of how Biden has handled the issue in the first two months of his presidency, approval plunges to 27% among independents and to just 5% among Republicans.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-immigration-approval-numbers-sink-border-crisis-poll

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Biden approval numbers on immigration sink amid border crisis: poll

by Paul Steinhauser

A new poll indicates that Americans are giving President Biden a big thumbs up on dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.But when it comes to the divisive issue of immigration and border security, the survey suggests that the president's approval rating plummets. Just a third of Americans questioned in an NPR/Marist poll released on Tuesday say they approve of Biden's handling of the issue of immigration, with 53% saying they disapprove of his performance. While two-thirds of Democrats say they approve of how Biden has handled the issue in the first two months of his presidency, approval plunges to 27% among independents and to just 5% among Republicans.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-immigration-approval-numbers-sink-border-crisis-poll

That poll is bogus.  No way does he have anywhere close to disapproval at just 53%.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Anyone surprised, anyone ?

With Joe it was because of his" stutter."  With Kammy, it's because of her deranged laugh.  Still need more time to work on her...

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

See!!  We told you a wall wouldn’t work in 3.....2....1.....

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

Part of the tragedy here is how the people seeking "asylum" are mistreated and abused by these smugglers.  It obvious the Mexican government at all levels is unwilling or unable to take any actions to protect life here.  Everybody it seems is in on the take here.  My view, we should inform the Mexican government of our intent to cross the border to arrest, detain, and eliminate these smugglers and cartel associates by whatever means are necessary and at our disposal.  And if they get in our way we shoot them too.  Basically let them know if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.  Is that too strong a message?    

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Part of the tragedy here is how the people seeking "asylum" are mistreated and abused by these smugglers.  It obvious the Mexican government at all levels is unwilling or unable to take any actions to protect life here.  Everybody it seems is in on the take here.  My view, we should inform the Mexican government of our intent to cross the border to arrest, detain, and eliminate these smugglers and cartel associates by whatever means are necessary and at our disposal.  And if they get in our way we shoot them too.  Basically let them know if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.  Is that too strong a message?    

The disconnect here is flat out nonsense. So let me get this straight. We’re being told we have literally thousands of little children, without their parents, showing up at our doorstep and claiming ‘asylum’?  Really? Children don’t know what asylum even is! Asylum from what exactly? You can’t claim economic asylum as a child. Is it religious persecution? From whom? These countries are 100% Catholic. Racial cleansing? By whom? These countries are 100% Hispanic. 

59 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The disconnect here is flat out nonsense. So let me get this straight. We’re being told we have literally thousands of little children, without their parents, showing up at our doorstep and claiming ‘asylum’?  Really? Children don’t know what asylum even is! Asylum from what exactly? You can’t claim economic asylum as a child. Is it religious persecution? From whom? These countries are 100% Catholic. Racial cleansing? By whom? These countries are 100% Hispanic. 

Well I did put "asylum" in quotes for a reason.  My point is the Mexican government appears powerless or unwilling to stem the flow so send forces across the border into Mexico and conduct "sweep and clear" patrols to weed out and eliminate smugglers and cartel members.  We're spending over $800B a year on defense and military spending and this seems like the biggest national security threat out there.  And if you're afraid to use that power when threatened, and this is a threat, then why spend the money?  

46 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

That's absolutely true to the "woke".  What's important to them is words and language and the emotions, feelings, microaggressions, and offense those words and language generate.  Reality, logical and critical thinking, reasoning, facts, intent, and objectivity don't matter.  They are emotional and mental weaklings.  If they read my post it would trigger them and make them cry.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Well I did put "asylum" in quotes for a reason.  My point is the Mexican government appears powerless or unwilling to stem the flow so send forces across the border into Mexico and conduct "sweep and clear" patrols to weed out and eliminate smugglers and cartel members.  We're spending over $800B a year on defense and military spending and this seems like the biggest national security threat out there.  And if you're afraid to use that power when threatened, and this is a threat, then why spend the money?  

I work quite a with colleagues in Mexico. Their government is even way more corrupt than ours is, unemployment is like 50%, and most of the working class and above are completely ok with the exodus because they consider those leaving the undesirables.  

Well well well........

Biden Admin Considers Restarting Border Wall Construction To ‘Plug Gaps’ Amid Biden’s Border Crisis That isn't Real: Report

The Biden administration is reportedly considering restarting construction of former President Donald Trump’s wall along the U.S.-Mexico border as the administration struggles to maintain control of the worsening border crisis.

Biden Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said during a conversation with ICE employees last week that the administration was considering finishing “gaps in the wall.”

“It’s not a single answer to a single question. There are different projects that the chief of the Border Patrol has presented and the acting commissioner of CBP presented to me,” Mayorkas said, according to notes of the ICE session reviewed by The Washington Times. “The president has communicated quite clearly his decision that the emergency that triggered the devotion of DOD funds to the construction of the border wall is ended. But that leaves room to make decisions as the administration, as part of the administration, in particular areas of the wall that need renovation, particular projects that need to be finished.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-admin-considers-restarting-border-wall-construction-to-plug-gaps-amid-bidens-border-crisis-report

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1