Claypool Caught Kicking A Guy Outside A Bar

H2o

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Eh, imo fights take place standing up or at least start off that way. Walking over to kick a guy in the face while he's on the ground is a complete b*tch move. 

Can't say that without context. Depending on what the other person did to me...there may be no rules in the fight.

For example, let's say some guy beat up my daughter...rules are out the window. However, let's say some dude kept hitting on my girl at the bar and touched her arm...I'd beat his ass with all the unwritten rules in play.

Now with that said....this was likely drunken anger. He effed up big but his friends dropped the ball big time. At least one of them was supposed to make sure he didn't get involved....even if it causes you're crew to be outnumbered. Losing a fight is much better than what's gonna happen now.

4 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

Not a good look. But not a big deal imo. I don't think the league would take action, but idk.

Of course they will...its caught on tape and publicized. Only way they won't is it more evidence comes out showing they were defending themselves...even if his group turned into the aggressors...he can say he thought dude had a weapon and he wanted to neutralize him....now if Claypools group is found to be the aggressors I expect 4 games. The knife defense won't work if you and/or your friends were the catalysts.

35 minutes ago, H2o said:

Bro, that's anywhere tbh. Look at that one situation in Pennsylvania a month or two ago where the guy went nuts and shot like 3 people over shoveling snow or some bs like that. 

True, just venting on some of my personal experiences since moving here 10 years ago. That was one of the craziest moments in my life I've ever witnessed on video. I actually thought it was staged at first because I found it completely unfathomable. 

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

My reaction depends on the kick. (I have not seen the video yet) Was it a full on roundhouse knockout kick, or more of a 3rd grade schoolyard kick to the shins?

its a solid booting (you can really hear it) on a man who is involved in another altercation at the time who doesn't see it coming.  pretty bad one, decent chance Ben starts the season down a great WR for at least a couple weeks

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Can't say that without context. Depending on what the other person did to me...there may be no rules in the fight.

For example, let's say some guy beat up my daughter...rules are out the window. However, let's say some dude kept hitting on my girl at the bar and touched her arm...I'd beat his ass with all the unwritten rules in play.

Now with that said....this was likely drunken anger. He effed up big but his friends dropped the ball big time. At least one of them was supposed to make sure he didn't get involved....even if it causes you're crew to be outnumbered. Losing a fight is much better than what's gonna happen now.

arm touching is a big thing to you ? 

• Like (+1) 1

Super classy, drunk at the bar and getting into a fight, just the sort of person I would never invite to my home for any reason... well, maybe to shovel the driveway... and even then not likely...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

arm touching is a big thing to you ? 

Yeah if I tell a guy back off my lady and not only does he refuse that but then touches her...oh yeah I have my legal right to beat that ass at that point! I wouldn't feel the crime deserves a kick in the face as a punishment for that tho. Just a little lesson teaching ass whooping. 

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

I was trying to think of any time I’ve been around a fight post-middle school. The only thing that came to mind was a December Buc’s vs Packers game in Tampa. Took a bus with the Rotary crowd and invited a work buddy and his wife along with my wife and kids. Some drunk Packers fan sat behind us shirtless showing off how many TOO many hours he spent in the gym (it was cool for us, peak of summer for him) with a purple bra on his head. 🤷‍♂️ He and his two buddies were hammered, and he kept talking to my wife. We all kept drinking, and by the end of the 4th quarter my buddy is fed up with bra-head talking to my wife. I was on it, my wife said he’s young and drunk and harmless, no need to get security or take any action. 

My buddy didn’t even look for my wife’s feedback, he was too drunk to be rational, like bra-head.  He got the guy by his throat and pinned him to the bleachers, sliding him up several seats as the avalanche of people falling down on people into the rows below in a classic stadium brawl. My wife got the kids to the aisle and I worked with some other guys to settle things down. A Rotary guy who was a former cop dropped the “former” and took the lead with  “I’M A COP!!!. It was something I wish my family, especially the kids, had never seen. 

On the way back to the bus, my buddy kept saying “I hope you would have done the same for me!” Nope, I would have asked first, and if there was a real problem, gone to security. 

Fast forward 5 years and I run into his then ex-wife. She left him, and he got fired after beatingup a guy in the bathroom at the bank Holiday party. He also had domestic violence charges from his live-in GF who was half his age. He was a legit MENSA member, brilliant guy, he just could not handle alcohol. 

I think I’ve been fortunate that that is my one and only experience with adults fighting. I’m not judging anyone else, I just try to avoid any situation where that might be even a remote possibility. I just don’t get it, AT ALL. 

Sorry for the long post, but that touched a nerve. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over it. I had a temper when I was younger and seen/participated in many bar fights.

I'd like to think if I had a high profile position like him I would have controlled myself better, but there is no guarantee. 

It's bad, but it's not throw him out of the league bad.

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

Yeah if I tell a guy back off my lady and not only does he refuse that but then touches her...oh yeah I have my legal right to beat that ass at that point! I wouldn't feel the crime deserves a kick in the face as a punishment for that tho. Just a little lesson teaching ass whooping. 

I either get up and leave, tell the bartender or call the cops. It’s not worth ME ending up in jail or with legal issues....or getting hospitalized!  I’d rather be smart than macho, but that’s just me, I guess. 

It wasn’t over my wife, but a drunk guy was giving us grief in a bar after a college basketball game. We wore gear from the wrong college, which I thought  was OK if, you know, you are around adults. Again, he was hammered and a regular. When we told the bartender if she didn’t call the cops, we would his wife DRAGGED him out of there and they stumbled home. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Was that recorded in slow motion? I've seen better beat downs on the playground during 3rd grade recess. Bunch of poofs.

Yea but you hang around the elementary school A LOT. Which we’ve all been meaning to talk to you about. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I either get up and leave, tell the bartender or call the cops. It’s not worth ME ending up in jail or with legal issues....or getting hospitalized!  I’d rather be smart than macho, but that’s just me, I guess. 

It wasn’t over my wife, but a drunk guy was giving us grief in a bar after a college basketball game. We wore gear from the wrong college, which I thought  was OK if, you know, you are around adults. Again, he was hammered and a regular. When we told the bartender if she didn’t call the cops, we would his wife DRAGGED him out of there and they stumbled home. 

This is my attitude now, at 24ish...nah lol.

Again not justifying it just saying we have to remember who we are speaking of, young athletes who think they are bulletproof.