Bills sign DE Efe Obada

3 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I am not sensitive.  I just get tired of people complaining about McDermott signing guys he used to coach.  But I do understand your point.  Not real impressed by Addison Butler or Jefferson (who did come from Seattle) last year.  Hopefully with a year under their belts in our system Addison and Butler (who I thought started to come on more towards the end of the season) will be a lot more productive.

That’s fair. We all want what’s best for our Bills, and to your point, I hope those guys are better with another year here too. 

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Played in 16 games in 2020, starting 1.  5.5 sacks, 1 Forced Fumble, 2 Fumble Recoveries, & 15 QB hits.

And that's in 415 snaps, 39% of their total offensive snaps. Pretty nice.

He's 28 and will be 29 in a few days, that's a bit older than you'd want, but this isn't a guy with a lot of miles on him. Really interesting signing. Good stuff.

This is a long thread, don't know if anybody posted this but here are some details from a BBC story:

"Born in Nigeria, Obada moved to the Netherlands to live with his mother when he was eight years old. Two years later, he and his sister were taken to London.

"The details of how they came to arrive in England's capital are still unclear. The word "trafficked" has been used, but Obada has not exactly described it in those terms.

"The most open he has been on the subject was in a blog on the Carolina Panthers website in August 2017. Writing there, he said he and his sister were brought over "by a stranger who was supposed to look after us - they did not".

"Revisiting that time now, he is reluctant to share full details of the traumatic experience. But what is certain is that at the age of 10, he was abandoned with his sister on the streets of Hackney, east London.

"They spent two nights sleeping rough before a security guard gave them shelter in the tower block he was working in. With his help, the children were eventually looked after temporarily by a friend of their mother. When that arrangement broke down, Obada spent the remainder of his childhood in more than 10 different foster homes."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/47819317

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

I agree!  Unlike some of the alleged experts and long-time posters on this board I appreciate what this organization is doing!

To be fair, there are only a few well known diehards left who are negative at every turn. Lose three straight and some will go looking for the pitch forks again, but most recognize where this FO has taken us. 

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

To be fair, there are only a few well known diehards left who are negative at every turn. Lose three straight and some will go looking for the pitch forks again, but most recognize where this FO has taken us. 

Yeah well those few that are left (not you) need to find a new bridge to lie under. Just my opinion.

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

The AFC East? 15 games last season?

If that is good with you, then have fun.  

I mean it only took Brady leaving the conference to win it, but congrats to Mcdermott for winning a division.  That's huge.

Who wants an AFC Championship or Super bowl anyways?!

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Lol, I'm surprised you gave that much generosity. Have seen many of times (I know you have also) with just 1 loss some start calling for firings, benchings etc.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, gobills404 said:

He's fitting in already with this reply to a dolphins fan.

Oh yeah ele heffe You’re going to fit right in around here

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

If that is good with you, then have fun.  

I mean it only took Brady leaving the conference to win it, but congrats to Mcdermott for winning a division.  That's huge.

Who wants an AFC Championship or Super bowl anyways?!

Why are you here seriously

• Agree 1

On 3/24/2021 at 10:25 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

So unless the Bills plan to cut Hughes, Epenesa, Addison, or Obada, that's probably it for defensive end this year.

With Epenesa improving, Addison playing on a 1-year deal, and Obada likely being an improvement over Murphy, I think we can reasonably hope for the pass rush to be at least somewhat improved.ST

Also wondering if Star will tie up more folks in the trenches that our interior DL did last year, meaning a little more space for the ends.  4.63 is pretty quick for a 265 pounder.  Sounds like with his long arms, he will also be in the mix for the FG block team.

5 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Have the financials been published for this signing as yet?

Apologies if its posted somewhere already. I havent seen it as yet.

Thanks.

It's a 1-year deal worth up to $2.2M.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Thanks Doc. Potentially excellent value.

Also good news from a TV coverage standpoint for UK based Bills fans I think... the sky sports coverage often talked up Obada and had him on for a few interviews throughout last season. Having him and (maybe) Wade on the roster next season will mean plenty of Bills related discussion and hopefully live games.

Edited by NI Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1