Bills sign DE Efe Obada

most sacks on our team last year.  It's clearly an upgrade/project.   But better than what we currently have.   Hope we can keep him if he has a great year.  If he's not great, little downside (other than opportunity cost if we don't get another FA DE).  

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

Eye popping numbers.  His arm length is unreal!

The 10 yard split blows me away! Really? Only a few WR’s and a DB top that???  At 6’6” and 265#??? 

10 yard split: 1.53s – This is the truly astonishing statistic. Obada’s 10 yard split time (which is far more important for defensive linemen than the 40 yard dash) cannot be compared amongst defensive linemen or tight ends, because it’s so much better than his counterparts. In fact, only six prospects at the 2015 NFL Combine ran a faster 10 yard split than Obada (five wide receivers, and one defensive back)

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

The 10 yard split blows me away! Really? Only a few WR’s and a DB tops that???

10 yard split: 1.53s – This is the truly astonishing statistic. Obada’s 10 yard split time (which is far more important for defensive linemen than the 40 yard dash) cannot be compared amongst defensive linemen or tight ends, because it’s so much better than his counterparts. In fact, only six prospects at the 2015 NFL Combine ran a faster 10 yard split than Obada (five wide receivers, and one defensive back)

Really fired up about this signing.  🙏🏻

6 hours ago, DCofNC said:

All things considered, I like it.  I would have preferred a longer deal in hopes that he reaches his potential and we get a bargain, but whatever.  He’s a helluva athlete, has next to nothing in experience and is producing at the very highest level of organized professional football, so I say he’s worth a shot.

Absolutely. Felt the same way about the Darryl Williams deal when they signed him last offseason. Thought there were enough reasons to expect him to rebound and play great so I wanted to lock him up for more than just the one year at low money. 

Ah well, hopefully he blows up and loves Buffalo and wants to re-sign. 

I think I read that as part of Addison's pay cut they also voided the last year of his contract.  So, he and Hughes are both free agents after this year.

So, this signing makes sense from that perspective as well.

I wouldn't be surprised either; if they add another EDGE and go EDGE, CB2, DT in the first three rounds of the draft.

What a story.  if this was posted already, forgive me (sorry I can make the below a link, but you can paste in google).  He was a victim of human trafficking as a 10 year old child with his sister, left homeless on the streets of London.  He has only played football for a few years.  I am psyched for this guy.  Rivera said "it was an honor to tell him he is on the team" because he takes it serious and practices hard every day.

Efe Obada’s Incredible Journey To The NFL | NBC Nightly News - YouTube

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

What a story.  if this was posted already, forgive me (sorry I can make the below a link, but you can paste in google).  He was a victim of human trafficking as a 10 year old child with his sister, left homeless on the streets of London.  He has only played football for a few years.  I am psyched for this guy.  Rivera said "it was an honor to tell him he is on the team" because he takes it serious and practices hard every day.

Efe Obada’s Incredible Journey To The NFL | NBC Nightly News - YouTube

This is worth the copy and paste, gang! If I knew how to embed it I would. This guy has an amazing story and is practically new to football. I don’t care what team he plays for, I’m going to cheer for him (unless it’s against the Bills,of course). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Check out his letter to Panthers fans.  Seems like an incredible young man -- face timed the kids of Panthers fans on his birthday etc.  A "fan favorite" according to the Charlotte Observer.  Given my tech limitations I can seem to attach it, but you can find it.  It is awesome.  Trying to embed that too, but failed again!

It's kind of crazy that every single player coming to Bills training camp this year is known for loving football and practicing hard. We have team leaders in every position group. I can't remember ever seeing anything like that before.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's kind of crazy that every single player coming to Bills training camp this year is known for loving football and practicing hard. We have team leaders in every position group. I can't remember ever seeing anything like that before.

It really is pretty unique.  It's fun to be a fan right now.

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Played in 16 games in 2020, starting 1.  5.5 sacks, 1 Forced Fumble, 2 Fumble Recoveries, & 15 QB hits.

Hit the Rat in the Ratface and he will become my favorite Bill... well, on D anyway.

• Haha (+1) 1