Bills sign DE Efe Obada

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Any NT drafted in round 1 would have to have some pass rush upside but getting some help to the middle is looking to me like one of the areas that the draft can really have an immediate impact on.

Sounds to me like you're describing Ed Oliver...no?

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You can repeat this to yourself all you want, it will not make it so. 

It is so. Do people love having Diggs on the Bills? Do people credit Beane with getting Diggs? Answer to both yes. Before Diggs, were people called haters for calling on Beane to get a WR? Yes.

I want the team to get better. You may be confusing me and what I say with something else. I just like to actually think and not just say everything is amazing no matter what. For example, I am 100% happy with last season. Doesn't mean I still dont hate the signings of Addison, Jefferson, Butler. That is allowed. 

26 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Does a straight ahead rush, power in moving the offensive lineman and getting separation.  Great job.

Took the outside rush, going inside would have been better.  Still does a great job of powering forward and disrupting that side of the line.  Nice rush.

Young guy playing wise.  Seems strong and a good motor.  Would like to see him get extended playing time for sure.

He looks more like our Q Jefferson replacement than an edge guy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I read they switched to a 3-4 and he didn't enjoy playing on the inside. But nice , versatile piece,  hopefully he can reach his full potential in Buf, which has been the mantra. 

He's a genetic freak! 

20210324_154519.jpg

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sounds to me like you're describing Ed Oliver...no?

Ed to me isn’t a run stuffer. He can do that role decently but he isn’t at his best when having to do that. I think of Ed as more of an interior pass rusher who can play decent against the run. I think at pick 30 of an edge rusher isn’t there at a good value then a big space eating DT that can push the pocket makes sense if one is available.

12 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I want the team to get better. You may be confusing me and what I say with something else. I just like to actually think and not just say everything is amazing no matter what. For example, I am 100% happy with last season. Doesn't mean I still dont hate the signings of Addison, Jefferson, Butler. That is allowed. 

He looks more like our Q Jefferson replacement than an edge guy.

Seems he was used inside from what other posters said, more than edge.  Still a pass rush guy.

Seems like he may have speed.  Video of him chasing down Brees.  Can’t say much without seeing his gameplay.

Like the addition, side has heart.  Great story.

Edited by davefan66

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

And how many of the ex Panther signings have actually been good?

I don’t mind this signing because he’s a younger guy with upside on a cheap deal but they’ve mostly struck out on the ex Panther signings.... and Im going to continue to beat the dead horse, I hate that Addison is still on the team. 

You'll be glad to know I can live without Addison also. That lame attempt to sack Murray before the hail mary still pisses me off. I could easily see Obada splitting snaps with Addison and maybe resigned next spring.  This will be Addisons last season in Buffalo. Not all Panther signings have been train wrecks. Norman wasn't elite but he held his own as a Nickel. Daryl is flat out the best RT we've had in a decade. McB just needs to remember there's 30 other teams to pool from.

TBH, I think this is a signing they might have made even if they had got a 'name' pass rusher - e.g. JJ Watt.

They obviously have knowledge of the guy, particularly from our D-Line coach, who would have known all about him from his time in Carolina.

He's got some good physical attributes, as others have shown, and he also can play across the line.

I wouldn't peg him as a starter, but his versatility will see him get into the rotation, and he's a guy it looks like they can use in different ways, when they want to change things up.

I can easily see him being used on inside stunts, for example.

If he gives us 5.5 sacks at the money, he's a bargain.

I also think that there's still room for improvement, both from him, and at the position, but sometimes, small improvements, if there are enough of them, can make a significant difference.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I have to ask an incredibly naive question.

What do they mean he and his sister were "trafficked" in London?  Was someone selling him or her for sex?  A 10 year old kid and where were the police?  And then just dumped on the streets?

Truly an incredible story.  

Human traffickers. They smuggle desperate people into other countries. Many end up as slaves and are undocumented (same as coyotes who smuggle in people on the Mexican border). The UK tends to have less of an issue than the rest of Europe (geographically at the extreme edge and being surrounded by water) but organised crime will do what organised crime will do. Have the odd really bad incident of mass deaths where people have been crammed into trucks/containers and have suffocated in the heat). The slightly less awful trafficking gangs will just dump their charges somewhere, the worse ones will use them as slave labour or force them into prostitution. Seems like in this case he was just dumped in London, which is about as good an outcome as could have happened.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

I said “defense” in my post. Why do people get so sensitive about pointing out their proclivity for former panthers? It’s true. Hyde and Poyer are the last two real impact free agents on defense that McD signed from different teams. And that was back in 2017. Doesn’t hurt to poach from other teams now and then. 

Beasley

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Beasley

No question they’ve had hits on offense from other orgs. My initial post in this thread was in reference to the trend of former panthers on defense. You take a risk going to the FA well because, while you may think you know what you’re getting based on previous performance, you don’t really know the man. I get it. 

I think that’s why you see the trend of former panthers. They still have connections from their time there either knowing the player first hand or knowing someone in the org that does to help mitigate the risk. Problem is, we’re allocating material portions of the cap to these players that isn’t commensurate with their level of play. I’d rather they save the $ on the average to below average Addison, Butler, Kleins of the world and try to use it on impact free agents that come available (e.g., the crop of free agent pass rushers or tight ends that were available this year).  They’ve done some decent things here and there, but they weren’t great signings. 

I love that McBeane are willing to admit a mistake when it doesn’t work out on the coaching staff, organizationally, or even in game. I just wish they’d rip the bandaid off a little quicker with respect to player swings and misses when it doesn’t work out. 🤷‍♂️