2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

So we came into March with these obvious holes in our roster: 

WLB- Signed Milano

RT- Signed DWill

G- Signed Feliciano/Ike

DL- Added Star, Signed Obeda

WR- Signed Sanders, signed ‘lil dirty

KR/PR- Signed ‘lil

P- Signed Hawk. (I refuse to spell his name correctly than pronounce it incorrectly, so I’ll be spelling it Hawk)

CB2- Signed Levi

We have a full and complete team and 7 draft picks.

Good assessment except for TE. They have no one that can block and Hollister is just an average guy. If Beane actually goes BPA id be fine with that. I still want 3 front 7 defenders, a TE, and a center drafted. I'd still add a DB with return skills too.

Well. He played in 16 games last year. I already like him more than Clowney...😂

Seriously thought. Tough story, but a good one as well. Amazing how some people's lives are and are able to achieve what they do. I cannot even imagine living his earlier life. I hope he works out and I'll be rooting for his success. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

This is a signing that has nothing but upside. Totally for this instead of an old ass Kerrigan/Addison type. Oh, and guess what? This guy would of led the Bills in sacks last year.

"  would of led the Bills in sacks last year. "  nuf said.  good signing! 

15 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Most everyone on the board wanted more at WR - especially more than Duke Williams.  The majority of the board saw him as a #5/#6 WR and in the playoffs when it mattered most - he failed.  The majority of members knew we needed more at WR - It was discussed when we tried to get Diggs before the trade deadline.  Everyone knew they wanted more.

More importantly - who is the Mythical DE that you wanted signed that gives you 10 sacks and is the huge game changer?  There just isn’t anyone like that.  Those guys are kept by their team.

There are guys like Yannick and Lawson that have not put up 10 sacks most years (or ever in Lawson case) and we’re not difference makers on any of their previous teams, but for some reason guys think if we had paid 13-15 million for them as FAs they will suddenly be better.

I think you are just talking out you backside and complaining because you have nothing else because for the majority of us - we recognize that we went 13-3 and have retained or improved across the board with the draft coming up. 

I agree to some extent. My point is you are criticized for having an opinion until the Bills actually do what your opinion was. Say Bills sign Billy Jenkins III prior to Diggs trade. I post "I hope this is not the answer at WR and they have another move to be made". Board then calls me or anyone with that opinion anti-Beane and negative Nancy who does not understand what Beane is trying to do. The next day Bills trade for Diggs and Beane is a genius and how amazing the move is. Its like you can only be happy with what they do and not have any original thoughts. 

It is hard to find the DE we need. Doesnt mean you dont try. They tried with Watt and possibly others. There are still some names out there that could help - Dunlap, Ingram, Clowney. I am anti-Beane for wanting a guy like that. When they sign him next week it will be a great move. That is how it works here. 

I am not complaining. I want the team to get better so we can win the division, beat the chiefs/ravens/browns or whoever in the playoffs and go win a super bowl. The biggest need to put us in that position is pass rush and from the edge to be specific. Efe is not a bad addition. He just does not help much with that problem. Even if he is solid he is still an interior rusher not an edge rusher. 

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

So if he has all this upside why is Carolina letting him walk? Seems odd. They have a ton of cap space. Hope he works out better than Murphy, Addison and Jefferson did.

It's all part of Free Agency.  I have been watching the Colts.  They had a pretty good Defense last year and got plenty of cash but

are letting a number of players sign with other teams.

No one knows why these things happen.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Good assessment except for TE. They have no one that can block and Hollister is just an average guy. If Beane actually goes BPA id be fine with that. I still want 3 front 7 defenders, a TE, and a center drafted. I'd still add a DB with return skills too.

Ideally in the draft I would like to go D-line at pick 30, either a top DE or a true one tech. I then think in round 2 you can go BPA hopefully either a TE or CB that can make an impact. In round 3 I secure some Oline depth, preferably a tackle.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's all part of Free Agency.  I have been watching the Colts.  They had a pretty good Defense last year and got plenty of cash but

are letting a number of players sign with other teams.

No one knows why these things happen.

Agree. Just makes you worry. Sometimes guys just want a change of scenery. Maybe they don't have a good relationship with the position coach. As you said no one knows.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Ideally in the draft I would like to go D-line at pick 30, either a top DE or a true one tech. I then think in round 2 you can go BPA hopefully either a TE or CB that can make an impact. In round 3 I secure some Oline depth, preferably a tackle.

Agree. I want a pass rusher in top two rounds. A NT to develop no later than round 3 too. After that I'm fine with RB, TE, and CB. 

23 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

starting to wonder if Beane actually will draft Etienne if he falls to 30

I mean, at this point, what other position are going to get a drastic upgrade at 30? Nose tackle? #2 CB? Right Tackle?

If there is an elite RB sliding to 30, or even  in the late 20s and moving up, I am really stretching to think of where else the addition of one player would particularly boost us.

20 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree. I want a pass rusher in top two rounds. A NT to develop no later than round 3 too. After that I'm fine with RB, TE, and CB. 

My struggle with drafting a pass rusher at 30 is, is there a pass rusher drafted 30th that can make a big impact? It isn’t an easy spot to find an impact pass rusher. Another poster pointed out that NT at 30 and DE in round 2 might be the better way to go since an NT can make more of an impact and be a longer term need fill, while DE at pick 62 can be a longer term need fill and has almost as equal a chance at panning out and making an impact as a De taken at pick 30.