Bills sign DE Efe Obada

Come bring it El Hefe

If this guy with these measurables and that production at that stage of his career was coming here from say......the broncos we would be fawning all over him and talking about what a great judge of finding the talent Beane is.

Who cares if he came from the panthers......for the people that complain we are not getting younger at the position.......well?

Chances are we would NOT find find this production at pick 30 in the draft.  It would be a developmental guy that we HOPED would get better.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, ngbills said:

There is where just the stats can be misleading. There are obviously plenty of examples of guys that had less than 5.5 sacks that are in much more demand. 

It is what is actually happening on the plays he is in. How much is he impacting the game. Questions like - What is his win rate? What does he do vs the run? How much attention does he draw from the offense? How does he impact guys around him? Are his sacks in garbage time? Are they clean up sacks vs beat your guy and sack the QB? 

I would have to guess some of those answers are why a 5.5 sack is not in high demand. Still a good signing just dont expect him to be a savior and answer to our DL issues. This stuff reminds me of the pre Stef Diggs trade - we dont need help at WR we have Duke Williams. He has produced every time he had a chance. Look at the difference a Diggs makes vs a Williams. Or even a Diggs vs a John Brown. The same could happen if we could get a legit edge guy. 

A fair bit of misrepresentation and hyperbole included in this post. 

No one ever said or eluded to, we don’t need a Diggs because we have Duke, I was there for those conversations, and that is pure BS, as well, no one ever said or eluded to our new D line signing as being a savior, except for you and your  ilk, that too is BS.

Why do you anti Beane moves guy’s always go for the over the top made up stuff? It makes it hard to even want to read your view of these things..,

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Don't care what his stats were in Carolina, one thing we absolutely know, he will have a significant decline here.

Why do we have all these scouts and front office people, if they are only going to sign players from Carolina?

How you know this????   Can you help me select the Lotto numbers too????

SMFH!

Other than the fact that Beane can't find DL anywhere in the NFL except for Carolina, my biggest problem is the ridiculous rotation of the DL by Frasier/McD.   I'm not saying your best 4 have to be out there 90% of the snaps, but it is ridiculous when your best DL are playing less than 60% of the snaps.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

P- Signed Hawk. (I refuse to spell his name correctly than pronounce it incorrectly, so I’ll be spelling it Hawk)

Man good thing you aren't a hockey fan....each time I think I know how the name is pronounced???  Not even close!!!

Edited by Kwai San

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

So we came into March with these obvious holes in our roster: 

WLB- Signed Milano

RT- Signed DWill

G- Signed Feliciano/Ike

DL- Added Star, Signed Obeda

WR- Signed Sanders, signed ‘lil dirty

KR/PR- Signed ‘lil

P- Signed Hawk. (I refuse to spell his name correctly than pronounce it incorrectly, so I’ll be spelling it Hawk)

CB2- Signed Levi

We have a full and complete team and 7 draft picks.

We are following the "no obvious holes, draft BPA for impact" model to the T

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Think about what this young man has been through.....he will be BLOWN away by the #Billsmafia - the more I find out about this guy the better move I think it is.

Methinks we all just need to let Brandon drive the car, we can sit in back seat and enjoy the effing ride!!!!!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think it just further reduces the probability of them reaching and drafting for need which is a good thing... still think pass rush is an issue but I'd rather Obada rotate with Addison than Johnson.

I'm being honest Scott....I don't know how to take it when you say something somewhat positive.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Never said that. I just want to win a super bowl. Is that so hard to ask as a Bills fan? Are we not allowed to have nice things? 

I didn't say you did and we got close last year so there is hope

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So based on your formula and years of research, Carolina players that come to Buffalo will automatically have a declining quotient of .5

Got it

If we are lucky.

Butler went from 6 sacks to zero.

Star went from 5.5 in his last two year in Car to 2 sacks in his two years in Buffalo.

• Vomit 1

Some of the users on this site are truly insufferable, holy ***** lol. 

Getting upset over signing a guy w/ 5.5 sacks in 2020 for, at most, 1.2% of the cap. 

Edited by junior12thman92

2 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Whether the guy can play or not, they do know there are other players who’ve played defense for teams other than the panthers, right? This is some trend. 

That cliche has kind of worn thin by year 5 of the McDermott regime don't you think??  Lets see who Emmanuel Sanders played for previously in his career... The Panthers?  Nope.  The Steelers Broncos 49ers and Saints.  How about Jacob Hollister?  The Panthers?  Nope...  How about the Seahawks and Pats.  What about Matt Hauk?  The Panthers....Nope.  So we don't JUST go after former Carolina Panthers.  And some Panthers have been pretty decent btw.  Daryl Williams certainly comes to mind.  And Starr has been pretty solid also.  And AJ Klein certainly had some strong moments last season.  The one blight from Carolina was Kelvin Benjamin.  And he was a first round draft pick back in 2014.  So he did have talent.  Unfortunately he had no desire and was fat.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1