Bills sign DE Efe Obada

12 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Addison also had 9.5 sacks before coming to Buffalo.  Apply the same decline in Obada numbers.  Expect a 50% drop in sacks.

So based on your formula and years of research, Carolina players that come to Buffalo will automatically have a declining quotient of .5

Got it

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Don't care what his stats were in Carolina, one thing we absolutely know, he will have a significant decline here.

Why do we have all these scouts and front office people, if they are only going to sign players from Carolina?

Settle down, Francis. He looks to have a high motor and is used to be a rotational guy. Price is low. I don't care where the guy comes from as long as he can play.

16 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Addison also had 9.5 sacks before coming to Buffalo.  Apply the same decline in Obada numbers.  Expect a 50% drop in sacks.

This post defies all logic. There’s legitimately zero logic used here. Zero. 

Learn math. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So based on your formula and years of research, Carolina players that come to Buffalo will automatically have a declining quotient of .5

Got it

Honestly can't think of many that signed from Carolina that improved though, besides Williams of course. Was very impressive at T. Other than that, unless I'm having a brain fart, I can't think of another former Panther that made an impact that much.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

To quote the previous poster:

that enough stats for ya?

that does not disprove your point that one number cannot define that position - actually I am all for signing Clowney - who had zero sacks last year.

Again my point is stats dont tell the whole story. There is a reason a 5.5 sack guy was not a sought after free agent. There are tons of examples of these tyoes of situations. Heck, Robert Foster had 500+ yards and mostly in the second half of the year as a rookie...

If this edge lineman pans out,watch our entire front play better. Addison, Hughes and Obada are UFAs and with Oliver and Phillips playing better, pressure packages will result in more sacks and QB pressures. If Etienne is available in rd.1, we could conceivably address every vital need necessary to get to the promised land. Naturally a cover db and a depth lb and O-lineman would be added in later rds. Beane is manipulating the cap beautifully. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

They saw 10 sacks in 2016 and thought he had some upside. 

I can sort of see that, but the contract...

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think bigger DT and TE is our focus now in the draft.

I agree about DT but this isn't a good TE draft.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/168856-obada-is-a-bill/?&page=3#comments

If anyone cares to read the opinions of Panthers fans, click the link above.

They mostly all wanted Obada back, and they're mostly all upset that the Bills poach all their good executives, coaches, and players 🤣

Solid signing for the Bills with upside. Worst case a very solid rotational player.

Zero complaints here. 

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/168856-obada-is-a-bill/?&page=3#comments

If anyone cares to read the opinions of Panthers fans, click the link above.

They mostly all wanted Obada back, and they're mostly all upset that the Bills poach all their good executives, coaches, and players 🤣

Last one I saw is great: "Bills are better Panthers than the actual Panthers" haha

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So if he's only been in league 4 years, was he even in Carolina yet when McD and Beane left?

Not that facts would changes the jokes and comments about it here.

Eric Washington (Bills D line coach) was his D line coach & D coordinator in Carolina