Bills sign DE Efe Obada

16 minutes ago, Srw1525 said:

Anyone have highlights of this guy? Tried looking and can’t find anything.

Here is him going against Cordy Glenn (scroll down to video)

https://www.panthers.com/news/film-review-with-eric-washington-week-3

Here is his sack of Tom Brady

https://www.panthers.com/video/highlight-efe-obada-sacks-tom-brady

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Obviously the Bills thought differently. It was discussed here and by Bills analysts. 

That some guys chatted about a hypothetical scenario does not make it so...

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

These kinds of signings don’t mean anything to me until Beane gets us a Super Bowl. If we can’t win a super bowl, what’s the point with signing low end talent players? 

You must be awesome at weddings and funerals...

Enjoy wallowing in your self inflicted anguish, 👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Obviously the Bills thought differently. It was discussed here and by Bills analysts. 

Obviously the Bills thought differently, but not in the way you are saying.  You don't restructure a player's contract with the plan to cut him.  It makes no sense at all to do so.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If anyone has Amazon Prime, Obada is featured in episode 2 of “All or Nothing” with the Carolina Panthers (it’s like HBO’s Hard Knocks).

I really liked him on that season of the show. Definitely a process guy. Seems like a great dude. Definitely recommend checking out the show if you haven’t seen it.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

These kinds of signings don’t mean anything to me until Beane gets us a Super Bowl. If we can’t win a super bowl, what’s the point with signing low end talent players? 

I agree...every signing should be all-pro and future hall-of-famer

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Bryan Cox and Mike Love?

I think he is more of a Bryan Cox level signing than a Mario Addison. He is fighting for a roster spot which luckily for him there is not a ton of competition right now. It is a good move by the Bills assuming it is a min level type contract. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I know. But let's not now act like he's a savior for the DL. That's all. 

Why do you add in terms like “savior” when absolutely no one but you have said anything like him being so, this absurd hyperbole is getting really old. 

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I think he is more of a Bryan Cox level signing than a Mario Addison. He is fighting for a roster spot which luckily for him there is not a ton of competition right now. It is a good move by the Bills assuming it is a min level type contract. 

He had more sacks, forced fumbles, qb hits and TFL's than Addison. Addison started 7 games and Obada started 1 game. Goodbye Love & Cox.

56 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

He had 415 snaps (39%). so 5.5 sacks is a much better rate than, say, Aldon Smith, who played way more snaps.

There is where just the stats can be misleading. There are obviously plenty of examples of guys that had less than 5.5 sacks that are in much more demand. 

It is what is actually happening on the plays he is in. How much is he impacting the game. Questions like - What is his win rate? What does he do vs the run? How much attention does he draw from the offense? How does he impact guys around him? Are his sacks in garbage time? Are they clean up sacks vs beat your guy and sack the QB? 

I would have to guess some of those answers are why a 5.5 sack is not in high demand. Still a good signing just dont expect him to be a savior and answer to our DL issues. This stuff reminds me of the pre Stef Diggs trade - we dont need help at WR we have Duke Williams. He has produced every time he had a chance. Look at the difference a Diggs makes vs a Williams. Or even a Diggs vs a John Brown. The same could happen if we could get a legit edge guy.