Bills sign DE Efe Obada

All things considered, I like it.  I would have preferred a longer deal in hopes that he reaches his potential and we get a bargain, but whatever.  He’s a helluva athlete, has next to nothing in experience and is producing at the very highest level of organized professional football, so I say he’s worth a shot.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Played in 16 games in 2020, starting 1.  5.5 sacks, 1 Forced Fumble, 2 Fumble Recoveries, & 15 QB hits.

Looks good to me.

These kind of stats would be more valuable if they came with number of snaps.

That's not a knock on you, just my general comment. He might not be a starter, but still could've played anything between 20% and 70% of snaps, which makes big difference.

So we came into March with these obvious holes in our roster: 

WLB- Signed Milano

RT- Signed DWill

G- Signed Feliciano/Ike

DL- Added Star, Signed Obeda

WR- Signed Sanders, signed ‘lil dirty

KR/PR- Signed ‘lil

P- Signed Hawk. (I refuse to spell his name correctly than pronounce it incorrectly, so I’ll be spelling it Hawk)

CB2- Signed Levi

We have a full and complete team and 7 draft picks.

• Like (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, whatdrought said:

So we came into March with these obvious holes in our roster: 

WLB- Signed Milano

RT- Signed DWill

G- Signed Feliciano/Ike

DL- Added Star, Signed Obeda

WR- Signed Sanders, signed ‘lil dirty

KR/PR- Signed ‘lil

P- Signed Hawk. (I refuse to spell his name correctly than pronounce it incorrectly, so I’ll be spelling it Hawk)

CB2- Signed Levi

We have a full and complete team and 7 draft picks.

This is Beane's MO every year. Fill holes with mid-level FA, then head into the draft in a position to go BPA as often as he wants.

Love it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Looks good to me.

These kind of stats would be more valuable if they came with number of snaps.

That's not a knock on you, just my general comment. He might not be a starter, but still could've played anything between 20% and 70% of snaps, which makes big difference.

He had 415 snaps (39%). so 5.5 sacks is a much better rate than, say, Aldon Smith, who played way more snaps.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

28-year-old athletic freak coming off a  5.5 sack (would’ve led our team) year and signing fir what I assume will be a very affordable deal? Sign me up!

Beane likes to go into the draft without having any glaring needs. He’s done it again, and I bet he’s not finished adding FAs.

I get all the chat and ribbing about the Carolina connection.  But based on results and the way Beane has reformed the roster, worked the draft and free agency, and along with the coaching staff and the players they've assembled got to the AFC championship game this year I'm more than willing to defer to his judgment and trust he's making smart and good player moves.  And this might be another of those.    

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

All things considered, I like it.  I would have preferred a longer deal in hopes that he reaches his potential and we get a bargain, but whatever.  He’s a helluva athlete, has next to nothing in experience and is producing at the very highest level of organized professional football, so I say he’s worth a shot.

After they look at him in preseason, they could redo his contract and extend it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

So, Hughes, Addison, and Obada are all UFAs in 2022. Yikes.

A good portion of NFL players are free agents every year. This is a really weak attempt to throw shade on a low risk, potentially high reward signing.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1