Bills restructure Tre White; create cap space

Typically from what others have said on various shows, these are the moves done immediately prior to signing somebody...you don't just do it to do it, you do it when you need to do it and have had the discussions with players so you have the go ahead when needed and have those moves in your back pocket...

Seems like we will be hearing about something else coming up shortly...

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Wow what else can you tell us? We need pass rush. It’s a weak draft for pass rush. There’s nobody else out there. People will groan about everything on here. 1 year 7.5 mil is not even a bad deal 

The bus passed last week on Edge rushers we missed it. Instead we decided to double down on a 34yr old Addison and a back up DT in Butler . Awful decisions that will keep us from getting to the Superbowl. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, 17islongenough said:

Don't they need room for the draft picks?  Could it just be that?

Not really. Only Top 51 count. The gross cap hit will be about 6 mill but it pushes other salaries down past 51. Only need around 2 mill in space for rookies.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

The bus passed last week on Edge rushers we missed it. Instead we decided to double down on a 34yr old Addison and a back up DT in Butler . Awful decisions that will keep us from getting to the Superbowl. 

Pass rush is a glaring need IMO. People don’t want to hear it I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

Pass rush is a glaring need IMO. People don’t want to hear it I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

U can't critize Beane here he's the teflon Don can't do no wrong. Don't get me wrong I love Beane but he's made some awful investments in this Dline. 

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

You think that keeping Addison and Butler are the decisions that keep the Bills out of the Super Bowl? Then whom do you think substituted in their place gets us in there Mr. Polian?

9 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Now that you’ve gotten that off your chest, we all hope you feel better, 

mean while back at the ranch...

2 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

U can't critize Beane here he's the teflon Don can't do no wrong. Don't get me wrong I love Beane but he's made some awful investments in this Dline. 

Apparently every team's GM is supposed to only make amazing moves?  I mean realistically, no team ever makes 100% good moves, there are always some that don't work out properly.  He has made far more good ones than bad ones...as can be seen by this team making the playoffs 3 times in 4 years following a 17 year drought, winning the AFC East for the first time in 25 years and winning a playoff game for the first time in 25 years and then making it to the AFC Championship game in Allen's 3rd year.  We are only just getting started on this run...relax a little and enjoy it...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it is to create room for additional bargain FAs. I don’t think he wants to restructure contracts of players who they may move on from in the near future because that’s creating dead cap. Think Steelers and Saints as teams that live that way and pay for it later. Guys like Tre and Dion have built in conversions like this in their contracts to help make the cap fluid. That said he didn’t want to pull that lever until he had to.

Totally agree!

I think this is the restructure to sign McKittrick yesterday, get enough funds for draft picks and have a bit more to go after vet minimum players over the course of the season.  You need some money for injuries, draft picks, and if a guy is cut that you might want.

I do not see this as a prelude to a big signing.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Wow what else can you tell us? We need pass rush. It’s a weak draft for pass rush. There’s nobody else out there. People will groan about everything on here. 1 year 7.5 mil is not even a bad deal 

Clowney has 3 sacks over his last two seasons spanning 21 games. 

He adds nothing to the pass rush. I will say he is a solid in run defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1