Do you think the Bills have the best WR group in the NFL?

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

John, agreed on Tampa.  I give them the edge simply because of the soar subject of TE’s.

Evans

Godwin

Miller

Brate

Gronk

Howard

Question was wide receiver group? You have three TEs in there. 

Edited by Baba Booey

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What about Arizona?

Hopkins is best WR in football paired with Fitzgerald and now AJ Green.

Bills are deeper but AZ is in the conversation 

Fitz is ancient

This group is very close to the group the Bills had in 74

Ahmad Rashad,JD Hill,Bobby Chandler,Wallace Francis

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

Question was wide receiver group? You have three TEs in there. 

rook, these guys are WR’s not blocking only TE’s.  It’s important to look at the total landscape.  It’s dumb to parse out rb’s from wr’s, from TE’s.

all of them fit into a passing game.  I won’t respond, but you parsing just wr’s doesn’t make sense.  Tampa’s wrs are in part te’s.

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What about Arizona?

Hopkins is best WR in football paired with Fitzgerald and now AJ Green.

Bills are deeper but AZ is in the conversation 

Age hurts Arizona here, as Green had declining in Cincinnati for awhile now, and Fitzgerald was drafted in 2004.

Atlanta’s Top 2 of Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley have huge talent when healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Some very good up and coming Sets

49ers- Aiyuk , Deebo, Kittle

Broncos - Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant

Dolphins- Fuller, Parker, Preston, Giesiki

Steelers, Johnson, Juju , Claypool

Good list.  And if the Dolphins add JaMarr Chase, lookout.  Fortunately, they don't have a QB. 

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Last year Diggs was the best WR in football.  Fitzgerald is on his last legs and AJ Green hasn't been healthy or great in the last 3 years.

Last year Diggs had most yards and receptions. He had the best season. Hopkins is still the best WR. Diggs and Adams are close second and third.
Fitz YPC really dropped last year. He missed multiple games too. Green played all 16 games with bad QB play and still had 11.1 YPC almost the same as Sanders. Will be interesting to see if both can stay healthy next year. I’m not sold on their QB though. He really faded in the last quarter of the season

6 hours ago, Buftex said:

No question, with Diggs.  I will say though, looking at Sanders highlights, I was impressed by his willingness to make contact, after the catch, to gain more yards.  Not knocking Diggs at all, but it was hard not to notice last season that he likes to avoid contact as much as possible.  

I will take staying healthy, getting out of bounds, or falling to the ground instead of fighting for an extra yard when it doesn’t matter. Every time he did that last year he already had as much yardage as was needed. 

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

rook, these guys are WR’s not blocking only TE’s.  It’s important to look at the total landscape.  It’s dumb to parse out rb’s from wr’s, from TE’s.

all of them fit into a passing game.  I won’t respond, but you parsing just wr’s doesn’t make sense.  Tampa’s wrs are in part te’s.

Yes but the OP listed the Bills 5 WRs and specifically typed WR group not receiving group. 

If the intent was to include all receivers including TE and RB, then Tampa and KC are far ahead. 

Top 4 but not 1st. 

Tampa

Cowboys

Falcons

Bills

I think the Cheifs WR group is overrated. Sure they have a top 3 WR in Tyreek, but im not that impressed by Hardman or their depth. 

57 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Last year Diggs had most yards and receptions. He had the best season. Hopkins is still the best WR. Diggs and Adams are close second and third.
Fitz YPC really dropped last year. He missed multiple games too. Green played all 16 games with bad QB play and still had 11.1 YPC almost the same as Sanders. Will be interesting to see if both can stay healthy next year. I’m not sold on their QB though. He really faded in the last quarter of the season

Joe Burrow as a rookie was averaging nearly 270 yards a game at a 65% percentage.  AJ Green was 4th on his team in receptions.

50 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes but the OP listed the Bills 5 WRs and specifically typed WR group not receiving group. 

If the intent was to include all receivers including TE and RB, then Tampa and KC are far ahead. 

Correct.  I started the topic because Sal C was talking specifically WR.

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Old man, all I was pointing out was the question asked wide receiver group. The Bills have a better wr group than the Bucs. The Bucs have a better TE group than the Bills!!! So when they get franchise tagged do they go under Wide Receivers or Tight Ends???🤫 Maybe you should ask Jimmy Graham 

Edited by Baba Booey

It will be interesting to see who emerges as our #2 receiver this year. I just have a hunch that it won't be Beasley. And that will be a good thing because I still think Beasley will be solid and chip in around 650 yards. But I could see both Sanders and Davis eclipsing that total with one of them right around 1,000.

On 3/24/2021 at 5:42 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

I will take staying healthy, getting out of bounds, or falling to the ground instead of fighting for an extra yard when it doesn’t matter. Every time he did that last year he already had as much yardage as was needed. 

Oh, not knocking it...but I also don't knock adding a little more muscle to the offense.

On 3/24/2021 at 8:29 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

On WGR, Sal brought this up.  Our top 5 is set.

• Diggs
  • Beasley
  • Sanders
  • Davis
  • McKenzie 

I honestly don't know most teams depth behind their #1 and #2 so I can't give a "knowledgeable" answer.  It's really guess at this point but I can't think of anyone, overall top to bottom, that is absolutely better than us.  

What do you guys think?

Remember this?

Kelvin Benjamin

Zay Jones

Robert Foster

Andre Holmes

Isaiah McKenzie

:blink:

Incredible strides this TEAM has made in 3 years.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/24/2021 at 12:29 PM, Logic said:

Amari Cooper has never cracked 1200 yards in a season. Stefon Diggs had over 1400 last season.

Ceedee Lamb had 935 yards last season. Cole Beasley had 967.

Michael Gallup had 843 and 5 TDs. Gabriel Davis had 599 and 7 TDs.

Then Buffalo has McKenzie, who caught 5 TDs, and Sanders, who had 726 yards and 5 TDs.

Dallas' group has the POTENTIAL to be the best. Based on actual proven PRODUCTION in the NFL, though, and taking top-to-bottom depth into account? I'm going Buffalo.

Dallas also played with Andy Dalton for most of the year, and Lamb was also a rookie.