Pro Day Results Tracker - Measurements and Athletic Testing

H2o

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

Jamin Davis/LB/Kentucky

4.49 40yd

41" vert

11' broad jump

Nice. Love this kid's game. I'm of the opinion that Edmunds is our guy, but if we somehow got a big enough offer for him, I'd love to take Davis as his replacement.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Kadarius Toney (Florida) ran a 4.41 40yd dash @ 5'11" and 190lbs

Interesting to see what the nfl FO’s feel about that “4.41”.  If they think he’s legit, he’ll be gone before we pick.  If they think it’s more like a 4.51, he’ll probably end up rd 2.  

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Interesting to see what the nfl FO’s feel about that “4.41”.  If they think he’s legit, he’ll be gone before we pick.  If they think it’s more like a 4.51, he’ll probably end up rd 2.  

Watching it live it looked like a sub 4.5 40yd time. 

37 minutes ago, NewEra said:

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Watching it live it looked like a sub 4.5 40yd time. 

Couple thoughts on these two comments... 

Teams don't put as much emphasis on the 40 as draftniks do for a bevy of reasons, but furthermore, Florida is a rich enough program that they almost certainly have GPS data on speed that they're sharing with teams -- that's what will tell the true story of Toney's speed. 100 times out of 100 teams will defer to that data over the 40 because it's non-linear, geared-up, live action, incorporates defenders, etc.

Secondly, 40s can be deceiving representations of "speed" and the ability to get deep. My favorite 40 time ever is Chad Johnson running a 4.55. No one would ever accuse Chad Johnson of being "slow" or not being able to get deep coming out of college. These days, teams use the 40 more for an evaluation of explosiveness and dedication to training more so than "how fast a guy is".

So sure, with Toney, maybe it was 4.41, maybe it was 4.5, but either way those are very minor data points in the grand evaluation process for him. Frankly, the 3-cone will mean a great deal more than the 40 for a guy like Toney. 

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Couple thoughts on these two comments... 

Teams don't put as much emphasis on the 40 as draftniks do for a bevy of reasons, but furthermore, Florida is a rich enough program that they almost certainly have GPS data on speed that they're sharing with teams -- that's what will tell the true story of Toney's speed. 100 times out of 100 teams will defer to that data over the 40 because it's non-linear, geared-up, live action, incorporates defenders, etc.

Secondly, 40s can be deceiving representations of "speed" and the ability to get deep. My favorite 40 time ever is Chad Johnson running a 4.55. No one would ever accuse Chad Johnson of being "slow" or not being able to get deep coming out of college. These days, teams use the 40 more for an evaluation of explosiveness and dedication to training more so than "how fast a guy is".

So sure, with Toney, maybe it was 4.41, maybe it was 4.5, but either way those are very minor data points in the grand evaluation process for him. Frankly, the 3-cone will mean a great deal more than the 40 for a guy like Toney. 

Both Jerry Rice 4.71 and Larry Fitzgerald 4.63 were "slow"

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Both Jerry Rice 4.71 and Larry Fitzgerald 4.63 were "slow"

Exactly. It's always been about separation, not just speed. While straight line speed doesn't hurt, separation invokes agility, footwork, body control, chemistry with your QB, mental components and so many other things...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

So Carlos Basham, a DE, at 274lbs runs a faster 40 than Sage Surratt, a WR, at 209lbs? B💥💥M!!! I watched some of his workout today and he has a REALLY quick first step too. :thumbsup:

To be fair, Surratt runs like a moving truck. 

I was thinking Bashsm was ~a 4.8 guy, so high 4.6s in an ideal setting isn’t shocking. 

I’d be fine with Basham in the 3rd or later but hope we don’t take him over an explosive athlete like Ossai

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

To be fair, Surratt runs like a moving truck. 

I was thinking Bashsm was ~a 4.8 guy, so high 4.6s in an ideal setting isn’t shocking. 

I’d be fine with Basham in the 3rd or later but hope we don’t take him over an explosive athlete like Ossai

I'd take Basham in the 2nd. Ossai is light for a DE and looks a bit stiff out there to me. I like Basham's versatility being able to kick inside, that quick first step he has, and the power he plays with. I'd line him up across from a RT all day. He seems like a more athletic version of Lorax.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

And I seem to recall that Tyreek Hill ran about a 4.25...

I seem to recall the fastest 10 combine 40 times being

john ross

chris johnson

dri archer

jerome Mathis

Marquise Goodwin

Stanford Routt

tyrone Calico

jalen myrick

jj nelson

jacoby Ford

Fabian Washington

speed really matters.....if the player is a good very football player 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I'd take Basham in the 2nd. Ossai is light for a DE and looks a bit stiff out there to me. I like Basham's versatility being able to kick inside, that quick first step he has, and the power he plays with. I'd line him up across from a RT all day. He seems like a more athletic version of Lorax.

I’d be ok taking Basham in rd 2.....but he’s not one of my top choices. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I seem to recall the fastest 10 combine 40 times being

john ross

chris johnson

dri archer

jerome Mathis

Marquise Goodwin

Stanford Routt

tyrone Calico

jalen myrick

jj nelson

jacoby Ford

Fabian Washington

speed really matters.....if the player is a good very football player 

God I had such a draft crush on Tyrone Calico...