Pro Day Results Tracker - Measurements and Athletic Testing

H2o

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yes, absolutely. I know he's got the acceleration for sure. 

Lol yeah I didn’t know his exact 40 time, they clocked him at 4.38 at practice but can’t trust team reported times. He’s just such a freak athlete, and his baseball background lends to his fluidity in the pocket. Low 4s at 6’3 227 for a Qb is rare.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Farley would be one that I would totally trade up in the draft for. I don’t believe there are to many prospects worth doing so, but he is going to be a beast. 

Not enough ammo to get him

Just now, glazeduck said:

How Jones and Wilson have elevated their stock is truly remarkable, their agents deserve just *all* the money. I think its important with draft prospects to have strong stances (while being able to adjust those as needed)... here's my strong takes -- Wilson will be a flat-out bust and Jones will be nothing more than a game manager, at best -- Trent Dilfer 2.0

I love Wilson. I’ve only watched 2 full games and lots of highlights though.  He reminds me of a poor mans Aaron Rodgers. Doesn’t have that arm, but it’s pretty strong imo.  Just has to iron out some technical issues to eliminate the random ducks

I agree about Jones. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I love Wilson. I’ve only watched 2 full games and lots of highlights though.  He reminds me of a poor mans Aaron Rodgers. Doesn’t have that arm, but it’s pretty strong imo.  Just has to iron out some technical issues to eliminate the random ducks

I agree about Jones. 

Yikes. Take him, he's all yours. 

To me, nothing screams bigger red flag than *never did anything until he reached a season where his team was scheduling games (against crappy competition) the week prior* 

The fact that he'll be a NY Jet does nothing to add any confidence in that taek...

Edited by glazeduck

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Yikes. Take him, he's all yours. 

To me, nothing screams bigger red flag than *never did anything until he reached a season where his team was scheduling games (against crappy competition) the week prior* 

The fact that he'll be a NY Jet does nothing to add any confidence in that taek...

you judge a QB based on something his AD does?  

27 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

No, I base QB based on the fact that he played no one and those no ones didn't even have a chance to prepare.

I hear that.  Def didn’t play anyone, so I get where you’re coming from.  I just love his ability to throw off platform and make a play out of nothing. He may not be able to do it vs nfl D’s, but I think the physical tools are there and he’ll only get stronger.  Who would you draft if you were Douglas?

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear that.  Def didn’t play anyone, so I get where you’re coming from.  I just love his ability to throw off platform and make a play out of nothing. He may not be able to do it vs nfl D’s, but I think the physical tools are there and he’ll only get stronger.  Who would you draft if you were Douglas?

Fields, with no hesitation.

• Like (+1) 1

Fields ran a 4.44 40...wow.

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol yeah I didn’t know his exact 40 time, they clocked him at 4.38 at practice but can’t trust team reported times. He’s just such a freak athlete, and his baseball background lends to his fluidity in the pocket. Low 4s at 6’3 227 for a Qb is rare.

Vernon Davis might be the all time freakiest...4.38 at 254 lbs.  That is insanity. 

Just now, NewEra said:

👍🏻He’s my 3rd

How does your top 5 round out

At QB, specifically it's: Lawrence, Fields, Lance, and Wilson/Jones slapfight it out for 4 and 5 (probably Wilson by just a hair)

Overall: Lawrence, Sewell, Pitts, Fields, Chase/Waddle probably...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/28/2021 at 9:14 PM, H2o said:

One of the WR's I'd love to see us grab if he's there in the 3rd, though he likely won't make it. That 6.71 3-cone at 6'4" and 215lbs to go with a 4.43 40yd dash? Nice. 

WR Nico Collins

Height: 6'4″
Weight: 215
Arm: 34 1/8
Vertical: 37.5
Broad: 125
Bench: 14 reps
40-yard: 4.43
Short shuttle: 4.32
3-cone: 6.71

And another S/LB tweener prospect in Divine Deablo from Virginia Tech putting up solid numbers. 

S Divine Deablo

Height: 6'3″ (98th percentile)
Weight: 226 (98th)
Arm: 33 (93rd)
Vertical: 34 (31st)
Broad: 126 (80th)
Bench: 19 reps (77th)
40-yard: 4.42 (89th)
Short shuttle: 4.40 (14th)
3-cone: 7.12 (23rd)

Nico or Dyami Brown from UNC.

56 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree about Jones. 

I watched every throw from like 6 of his games this year and I agree, the young man looks like he is going to be good. Even his incompletions for the most part aren't misses. He throws the ball from different angles as well as to fit them through the window he has. I also like Fields and don't think he is the typical Ohio St. QB we've seen as far as how his game will translate to the NFL. He's been fairly impressive at his Pro Day from what I'm hearing. I just saw a video on Instagram of him throwing a ball 65 yards in the air on a roll out. @YoloinOhio, you have a Twitter link for that one? 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I watched every throw from like 6 of his games this year and I agree, the young man looks like he is going to be good. Even his incompletions for the most part aren't misses. He throws the ball from different angles as well as to fit them through the window he has. I also like Fields and don't think he is the typical Ohio St. QB we've seen as far as how his game will translate to the NFL. He's been fairly impressive at his Pro Day from what I'm hearing. I just saw a video on Instagram of him throwing a ball 65 yards in the air on a roll out. @YoloinOhio, you have a Twitter link for that one? 

Yeah, Fields looked great at his pro day from I’ve seen.  If the Jets take Wilson, I can’t see how or why the niners would take Jones over fields (or Lance).  Fields would be an easy choice for me

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, Fields looked great at his pro day from I’ve seen.  If the Jets take Wilson, I can’t see how or why the niners would take Jones over fields (or Lance).  Fields would be an easy choice for me

I've seen the argument for Mac or Lance over Fields, and either would cause absolute mayhem in the draft (and benefit the Dolphins greatly).

For Mac, it's that he's a Shannahan guy. Good processer, sees the field, manages games, puts the ball where his playmakers need it to be, doesn't make mistakes, etc.

For Lance (and this one makes more sense to me), it's that he's got the highest ceiling and can be molded into something special with time. When you have Jimmy G, who they're saying they're sticking with, you don't need a guy to walk in on day 1 and take the reins.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d love for Fields to go home to Atlanta and sit behind Matt Ryan for a year or maybe half depending on Falcons record. 😎

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

I watched every throw from like 6 of his games this year and I agree, the young man looks like he is going to be good. Even his incompletions for the most part aren't misses. He throws the ball from different angles as well as to fit them through the window he has. 

I will say that I agree on what we saw from Wilson, the kid can spin it, put it into tight windows, throw from a lot of different levels and works well off-script and off-platform. Here's what I keep coming back to -- the list of QBs who can do that 'on air' (without defenders) is LOOOOONG. I've seen absolute scrubs look great in those situations.

Obviously what Wilson did wasn't literally against no one, but the level of competition was terrible, their competition had no time for advanced scouting (so were playing with basic gameplans) and many of BYU's players are grown men in their mid-20s (they averaged 21.4 years old). Frankly, he did exactly what we should've all expected him to do. Maybe he does the same against better competition, but he certainly didn't do anything special in 2019. He'll be going to a poorly run franchise with a ton of attention on him... I just don't see it playing out well for the kid.

8 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I've seen the argument for Mac or Lance over Fields, and either would cause absolute mayhem in the draft (and benefit the Dolphins greatly).

For Mac, it's that he's a Shannahan guy. Good processer, sees the field, manages games, puts the ball where his playmakers need it to be, doesn't make mistakes, etc.

For Lance (and this one makes more sense to me), it's that he's got the highest ceiling and can be molded into something special with time. When you have Jimmy G, who they're saying they're sticking with, you don't need a guy to walk in on day 1 and take the reins.

He would be ok for Shanny but the margin of error for a non mobile QB is so thin. The foundation of Kyle's passing game is with PA/boot, something Jones didn't do nearly as much as Lance/Wilson/Fields. It was a ton of RPOs/bubble screens. Open WRs and max protections. Listening to Kyle’s presser yesterday I think he wants a QB with a higher ceiling than “doesn’t make mistakes”. Keeping jimmy g allows them to ease in a kid with elite traits but has  some development ahead of him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He would be ok for Shanny but the margin of error for a non mobile QB is so thin. The foundation of Kyle's passing game is with PA/boot, something Jones didn't do nearly as much as Lance/Wilson/Fields. It was a ton of RPOs/bubble screens. Open WRs and max protections. Listening to Kyle’s presser yesterday I think he wants a QB with a higher ceiling than “doesn’t make mistakes”. Keeping jimmy g allows them to ease in a kid with elite traits but has  some development ahead of him. 

Agree with all of this. To be clear, I'm not making the case for him there, that's just the argument that I've heard be made.

Now, for the sake of my buddies who are 9ers friends, I'd love nothing more 🤣