Pro Day Results Tracker - Measurements and Athletic Testing

H2o

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

One of the WR's I'd love to see us grab if he's there in the 3rd, though he likely won't make it. That 6.71 3-cone at 6'4" and 215lbs to go with a 4.43 40yd dash? Nice. 

WR Nico Collins

Height: 6'4″
Weight: 215
Arm: 34 1/8
Vertical: 37.5
Broad: 125
Bench: 14 reps
40-yard: 4.43
Short shuttle: 4.32
3-cone: 6.71

Want. Bigly. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

There have been blazing 40 times the entire month of March.  I wonder if these times have been made official, with digital timing and vetted footwear and surfaces.  This amount of outrageously fast times is unprecedented.  Are pro days as scrutinized as the official combine?  I wonder.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

There have been blazing 40 times the entire month of March.  I wonder if these times have been made official, with digital timing and vetted footwear and surfaces.  This amount of outrageously fast times is unprecedented.  Are pro days as scrutinized as the official combine?  I wonder.

I don’t know - the times listed are crazy, but I do not remember seeing huge difference in the past between Combine and Pro Day results.

A few times you saw differences, but for the most part they were relatively close.  These times have been insane with records dropping everyplace.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TailgateChef said:

No chance.  There have been more sub 4.3 40s this offseason than there have been the last 10 years.  It’s to the point where the colleges that aren’t giving their players a 10th of a second off their times are doing their players a disservice because nfl teams are probably assuming that they did

15 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

He looked incredible in his movement tests.  He made Rousseau look like he was stuck in the mud.  Phillips is as smooth as they come for a guy his size.  Impressive and I doubt he falls to us now, even with his concussions.  

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No chance.  There have been more sub 4.3 40s this offseason than there have been the last 10 years.  It’s to the point where the colleges that aren’t giving their players a 10th of a second off their times are doing their players a disservice because nfl teams are probably assuming that they did

He looked incredible in his movement tests.  He made Rousseau look like he was stuck in the mud.  Phillips is as smooth as they come for a guy his size.  Impressive and I doubt he falls to us now, even with his concussions.  

Yeah.  He’s a guy you’d have to trade up from 30 to get.  He’s what you’d create in a lab for an edge rusher.  Speed, power, size, ability to bend and tremendous overall athlete.  If there were no injury/concussion issues, he’d be top 10 pick.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  I'm adding one or 1.5 tenths to each time.  That would be more in line with the stats.

Even then...some impressive times.  I remember when a 4.75 Edge was fast.  Now, that's pedestrian.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Might be? Ever watch him play?

Haha, I caught that BB reaction while watching it. It may also have to do with Jones overthrowing 1/2 of his deep balls. I only saw him complete 2 nice deep balls where the wrs didn’t have to slow down.  He didn’t drive any seam throws.  I was unimpressed. The best thing about today for Jones, is he showcase that he can move better than I thought

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Haha, I caught that BB reaction while watching it. It may also have to do with Jones overthrowing 1/2 of his deep balls. I only saw him complete 2 nice deep balls where the wrs didn’t have to slow down.  He didn’t drive any seam throws.  I was unimpressed. The best thing about today for Jones, is he showcase that he can move better than I thought

How Jones and Wilson have elevated their stock is truly remarkable, their agents deserve just *all* the money. I think its important with draft prospects to have strong stances (while being able to adjust those as needed)... here's my strong takes -- Wilson will be a flat-out bust and Jones will be nothing more than a game manager, at best -- Trent Dilfer 2.0