Pro Day Results Tracker - Measurements and Athletic Testing

H2o

I posted this link in the Paulson Adebo thread I created, but I figured it would be something that people would like to be able to scroll through. Without the typical Combine this year these numbers are all we have. I've always liked looking at how people measured and tested athletically, though the tape is always the most telling about any prospect. Just some other info to look at while we wrap our heads around the upcoming draft. It's updated on a daily basis by the wonderful folks at PFF (:rolleyes:). Enjoy :thumbsup:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule-pro-day-results-tracker

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Yolo dropped some of this yesterday, but look at Rondale Moore's 40yd dash, bench reps, and vertical. Crazy. 24 reps of 225lbs @ 180lbs is just insane. 

WR Rondale Moore

Height: 5'7″ (1st percentile)
Weight: 180 (9th)
Vertical: 42.5 (99th)
Bench: 24 reps (99th, done outside of pro day)
40-yard: 4.29 (98th)

• Like (+1) 5

50 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yolo dropped some of this yesterday, but look at Rondale Moore's 40yd dash, bench reps, and vertical. Crazy. 24 reps of 225lbs @ 180lbs is just insane. 

WR Rondale Moore

Height: 5'7″ (1st percentile)
Weight: 180 (9th)
Vertical: 42.5 (99th)
Bench: 24 reps (99th, done outside of pro day)
40-yard: 4.29 (98th)

I’m hesitant on him In the 1st but would take him at the end of the 2nd 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m hesitant on him In the 1st but would take him at the end of the 2nd 

I think he may sneak into the first if he checks out medically. Teams may see him as Tyreke Hill 2.0 so they take a swing. The talent is there for sure. 

Surtain also had some REALLY good numbers yesterday at the Alabama Pro Day as well, though he'll be long gone by our 1st

CB Patrick Surtain II

Height: 6'2″ (95th percentile)
Weight: 208 (94th)
Arm: 32 1/2 (84th)
Hand: 10 (96th)
Vertical: 39 (84th)
Broad: 131 (92nd)
Bench: 18 reps (84th)
40-yard: 4.42 (75th)

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think he may sneak into the first if he checks out medically. Teams may see him as Tyreke Hill 2.0 so they take a swing. The talent is there for sure. 

Surtain also had some REALLY good numbers yesterday at the Alabama Pro Day as well, though he'll be long gone by our 1st

CB Patrick Surtain II

Height: 6'2″ (95th percentile)
Weight: 208 (94th)
Arm: 32 1/2 (84th)
Hand: 10 (96th)
Vertical: 39 (84th)
Broad: 131 (92nd)
Bench: 18 reps (84th)
40-yard: 4.42 (75th)

I think Rondale could go in the 1st, but I personally would not take him there. Surtain is going to be an all-pro CB. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I posted this link in the Paulson Adebo thread I created, but I figured it would be something that people would like to be able to scroll through. Without the typical Combine this year these numbers are all we have. I've always liked looking at how people measured and tested athletically, though the tape is always the most telling about any prospect. Just some other info to look at while we wrap our heads around the upcoming draft. It's updated on a daily basis by the wonderful folks at PFF (:rolleyes:). Enjoy :thumbsup:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule-pro-day-results-tracker

AWESOME JOB!!! Thanks for such a valuable tool

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

One of my guys posted in the “not getting talked about enough” thread... probably should look at a love to TE, Darren Waller style. 

Yeah, that 4.67 40yd time really hurts, as well as a 7.81 3-cone. But it makes you wonder how else would he be affected athletically with a 30lb weight gain? 

Thanks for posting this @H2o

one thing seems certain, don’t trust the 40 times. There’s been like 10 sub 4.3 40 times in the last 10+ years off the top of my head. There’s like 10+ this year. Bs fosho.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Rondale could go in the 1st, but I personally would not take him there. Surtain is going to be an all-pro CB. 

Dude looks like a 4.48 guy to me.  Idk what it is.....he just doesn’t seem that fast to my eye.  What pops is his ability to run through contact vs college defenders.  Lower body strength is impressive.  I just don’t know how it all translates on the next level.  Rd 2, sure. No higher imo

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

one thing seems certain, don’t trust the 40 times. There’s been like 10 sub 4.3 40 times in the last 10+ years off the top of my head. There’s like 10+ this year. Bs fosho.

Dude looks like a 4.48 guy to me.  Idk what it is.....he just doesn’t seem that fast to my eye.  What pops is his ability to run through contact vs college defenders.  Lower body strength is impressive.  I just don’t know how it all translates on the next level.  Rd 2, sure. No higher imo

Yeah, he definitely doesn't look that fast in pads to me. It is the "Underwear Olympics" though and he's had a full year off to do nothing, but get ready for this.  Maybe a 4.4-4.45 at best. The strength is definitely insane though. To be able to get 24 reps of 225lbs @ 180lbs? That's definitely something. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

One of my guys posted in the “not getting talked about enough” thread... probably should look at a love to TE, Darren Waller style. 

He's already put on most of the weight that he could at Colorado State. He would need to add another 40 lb to play tight end

He just doesn't have the frame , even though he's 6'6.  He's basically maxed it out

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's already put on most of the weight that he could at Colorado State. He would need to add another 40 lb to play tight end

He just doesn't have the frame , even though he's 6'6.  He's basically maxed it out

Putting on a lot of weight in college and being maxed out are two different things. Evaluating guys' maxed-outedness is tricky business, some guys can't keep weight on, some can't even add it, others look like they're thick and yoked throughout and find a way to pack on 15 more lbs.

I will say that just looking at his frame, Jackson does not look maxed out. He's thinner hipped than you'd like from a TE, but looks like he could carry another 5-10 in his lower half, and his upper body is not all that thick, despite fairly broad shoulders. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that he could carry another 10-15 in his upper half as well. And frankly, I think that's all you'd need -- I don't agree that he'd need to play at 260, because he'd really just be a glorified WR anyway (why Gruden EVER kept Darren Waller in to block is completely lost on me, but that guy has pooped things that know more about football than me, so I'll digress there)... 

This isn't a guy that looks maxed out to me, like H2O said, I'd be more concerned about his ability move with 20-25 more lbs on (so it's probably moot)...

jackson_warren_2018colorado_005.jpg

Edited by glazeduck

Just now, glazeduck said:

Putting on a lot of weight in college and being maxed out are two different things. Evaluating guys' maxed-outedness is tricky business, some guys can't keep weight on, some can't even add it, others look like they're thick and yoked throughout and find a way to pack on 15 more lbs.

I will say that just looking at his frame, Jackson does not look maxed out. He's thinner hipped than you'd like from a TE, but looks like he could carry another 5-10 in his lower half, and his upper body is not all that thick, despite fairly broad shoulders. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that he could carry another 10-15 in his upper half as well. And frankly, I think that's all you'd need -- I don't agree that he'd need to play at 260, because he'd really just be a glorified WR anyway (why Gruden EVER kept Darren Waller in to block is completely lost on me, but that guy has pooped things that know more about football than me, so I'll digress there)... 

This isn't a guy that looks maxed out to me, like H2O said, I'd be more concerned about his ability move with 20-25 more lbs on (so it's probably moot)...

jackson_warren_2018colorado_005.jpg

If you're going to change positions in the NFL and Gain a lot of weight, you need to be able to keep your athleticism

He's already not that fast, or agile

So adding 30 lb certainly is only going to hurt his athleticism.. which is why I say he's probably maxed out

As in he is the most athletic he will be at his size.. everybody can add 10 or 20 pounds of muscle, but that doesn't mean it's going to help you athletically .. some people gain 10 lb of muscle and get faster.. I don't think that's his case

And you can't get on the field in our offense as a tight end if you can't block.. that's why Knox has lost reps 

And if you're going to just flex out a tight end, you might as well flex out Knox who is big strong and fast

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, he definitely doesn't look that fast in pads to me. It is the "Underwear Olympics" though and he's had a full year off to do nothing, but get ready for this.  Maybe a 4.4-4.45 at best. The strength is definitely insane though. To be able to get 24 reps of 225lbs @ 180lbs? That's definitely something. 

His GPS numbers are going to be far more important than his straight-line 40 anyway. I get that 40 times are exciting, but while he may not quite have the top gear of a Tyreke Hill, I think his ability to cut and maintain the speed that he does have is pretty rare, and I think it's sort of the secret sauce to what makes 'Reke so deadly. 

So much about success in the draft is having a plan for the guys you're drafting. If you want this kid to be the Joey Galloway "9 all day long" show, you're probably not going to maximize his potential. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you're going to change positions in the NFL and Gain a lot of weight, you need to be able to keep your athleticism

He's already not that fast, or agile

So adding 30 lb certainly is only going to hurt his athleticism.. which is why I say he's probably maxed out

As in he is the most athletic he will be at his size.. everybody can add 10 or 20 pounds of muscle, but that doesn't mean it's going to help you athletically .. some people gain 10 lb of muscle and get faster.. I don't think that's his case

And you can't get on the field in our offense as a tight end if you can't block.. that's why Knox has lost reps 

And if you're going to just flex out a tight end, you might as well flex out Knox who is big strong and fast

I don't necessarily agree with most of this, but this is now a guy who's going undrafted, so like I said, probably moot. No need to takeover a perfectly good thread with a petty disagreement. Agree to disagree.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

His GPS numbers are going to be far more important than his straight-line 40 anyway. I get that 40 times are exciting, but while he may not quite have the top gear of a Tyreke Hill, I think his ability to cut and maintain the speed that he does have is pretty rare, and I think it's sort of the secret sauce to what makes 'Reke so deadly. 

So much about success in the draft is having a plan for the guys you're drafting. If you want this kid to be the Joey Galloway "9 all day long" show, you're probably not going to maximize his potential. 

I don't necessarily agree with most of this, but this is now a guy who's going undrafted, so like I said, probably moot. No need to takeover a perfectly good thread with a petty disagreement. Agree to disagree.

I don't think I'm trying to take over a thread. I just gave my opinion that I don't think he's an NFL tight end prospect

This is a message board right

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think I'm trying to take over a thread. I just gave my opinion that I don't think he's an NFL tight end prospect

This is a message board right

Sorry, didn't mean you were. Just that we could probably go back and forth for awhile on something that in the end, is pretty unimportant and meaningless (pro development/lifestyle/training vs. college, reasons why Knox was benched, etc.)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, glazeduck said:

Sorry, didn't mean you were. Just that we could probably go back and forth for awhile on something that in the end, is pretty unimportant and meaningless (pro development/lifestyle/training vs. college, reasons why Knox was benched, etc.)

I hear you. And he was an intriguing prospect before he sat out 

He has the body type of a James Hardy or Dorial Green Beckham.. who wouldn't want a 6'6 sleek long wide receiver if he could play at a high level

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Here's another just like you had previously mentioned.

RB Kene Nwangwu

Height: 6'0″ (83rd percentile)
Weight: 212 (45th)
Vertical: 37 (77th)
Broad: 125 (87th)
Bench: 22 reps (75th)
40-yard: 4.29 (99th)
Short shuttle: 4.15 (80th)
3-cone: 6.75 (94th)