Amazing Josh Allen stat

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Sorry to break the news but in last years season opener vs the Jets there was this play near end of 1st half:

2nd & 10 at NYJ 13
(1:36 - 2nd) (Shotgun) J.Allen left end to NYJ 14 for -1 yards (B.Austin). FUMBLES (B.Austin), RECOVERED by NYJ-J.Willis at NYJ 12. J.Willis to NYJ 12 for no gain (D.Dawkins). Option play.

Yeah its no INTs in the RedZone

I think Josh is very aware that you need to come away with at least 3 points if you get inside the 20.

He will throw it away if the plays not there.

He has gotten away with a few though and I think its because he drills it in there pretty hard ;)

9 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

He had the INT in the Redzone in AFC championship game on the pass that was intended for John Brown. 

The gamelog has it as 2nd and 10 at the 20.  The highlight shows the first down marker as just shy of the 10.  So, the ball was technically not "in" the RZ but who knows what counts as official by NFL standards.  I always thought that the RZ was "inside" the 20, cross the 20 and the play by play announcer would say the Bills have entered the "Whoever has paid us" RZ (for ex. Murphy would say Hunt Real Estate?)  But it's a classic example of splitting hairs, I suppose.  

The Chiefs website video claims it was but the overly analytical, too technical, chem nerd part of me wants to take issue with it.

Josh intercepted in AFC Championship game.

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

yep just outside.

Sorry, you were on top of this before I posted. I agree, not "in" the RZ.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just needed an excuse to post this.  How awesome was that slow walk?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Of course it was slow. 

The man just ran 102 yards. 😃

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

Yep, every time we’re in the redzone, they have to mention it and every time they do, I’m convinced they’ve put the jinx on Allen. 

So far, so bad. 

There is good and bad for Josh in that 0 Red Zone statistic....The reason he has yet to throw an INT is because of designed play call, broken play or being more smart or cautious in the red zone, Josh will throw either  mostly when the guy gets separation, has the ability to zing it in there before the wrs can react, or more often run himself than throw into very tight coverage, and like for very short and goal plays he on many times he'll try to run out of design or very confident ability to get a score this way with less risk. The good is less INT's will occur and more rushing TDSs because of this. The bad for QB stat lovers is he gets less passing TDS this way. He could have at least 6 more passing Tds a year if he or Bills coaching staff were willing to take more chances there, but getting points is the most important, so I have 0 problem with this approach, as long as it keeps working. 

1 minute ago, BillsDude said:

There is good and bad for Josh in that 0 Red Zone statistic....The reason he has yet to throw an INT is because of designed play call, broken play or being more smart or cautious in the red zone, Josh will throw either  mostly when the guy gets separation, has the ability to zing it in there before the wrs can react, or more often run himself than throw into very tight coverage, and like for very short and goal plays he on many times he'll try to run out of design or very confident ability to get a score this way with less risk. The good is less INT's will occur and more rushing TDSs because of this. The bad for QB stat lovers is he gets less passing TDS this way. He could have at least 6 more passing Tds a year if he or Bills coaching staff were willing to take more chances there, but getting points is the most important, so I have 0 problem with this approach, as long as it keeps working. 

That kinda just sounds like all good and no bad.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

That kinda just sounds like all good and no bad.

I see it as mostly good, , but if Josh has a big injury on a rushing red zone attempt, then I am sure the Henry Armchair qb guys or Debby Doolittles will be all over those rushing play calls..

9 minutes ago, BillsDude said:

I see it as mostly good, , but if Josh has a big injury on a rushing red zone attempt, then I am sure the Henry Armchair qb guys or Debby Doolittles will be all over those rushing play calls..

Josh runs. He does it all over the field and he always will. If people are mad about that, go cheer for Big Ben.

9 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

*Regular season

OP do you watch the games? They mention this stat every week.

Ha yeah literally any time we are in red zone they mention it.  It’s like the announcers are obsessed with trying to jinx him in that scenario every time lol

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Don't flame for posting this and correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently Allen has never thrown an interception or turned the ball over in the red zone in his 3 year career? That's an insane stat especially considering how one sided this offense can be. I'm trying to find out what the all time record is, but no luck so far. Is there anyone that can figure that out? Regardless, that's pretty cool. Look how crucial that pick 6 on Lamar Jackson was in the playoffs. I wonder if the threat of Allen running it in is the biggest reason on why he's had so much success. 

I agree it is a cool Stat! 

I don’t mean to be critical, but do you not listen to the national Announcers during the games? Just curious because they literally mention this stat every game.