Which remaining Free Agent Pass Rusher would you like best?

Which remaining free agent rusher should Beane sign (if available for less than 7 mill per year)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Which remaining free agent rusher should Beane sign (if available for less than 7 mill per year)?

• Jadeveon Clowney
    • Justin Houston
    • Melvin Ingram
    • Carlos Dunlap
    • Someone from the rest of the field
    • Nope - 7 mill per year is still too rich for us

Still don't understand why people talks about pass rush and they mention  Clowney, he has like 3 sacks in two years.

If they don't draft any, Dunlap is my choice, and most likely near the start of the season.

(Patience is a bless in disguise)

Edited by poblano
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, poblano said:

Still don't understand why people talks about pass rush and 

they mention  Clowney, he has like 3 sacks in two years.

Because I think McDermott and Frazier can get him back to that 9 sack player he was. As a team the Bills actually do very well in terms of applying pressure. I think Clowney's physical ability will fit in and produce big numbers. 

I don't know if he'll be OK with his role so that could be an issue. McDermott loves that heavy rotation. 

6 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

The first wave of signings is done - but a few good ones still remain and it looks like they will all sign for less than 7 mill per year. Which one do you think fits the Bills the best?

I am kinda sold on getting one of these 3 (in order):

1. Clowney 2. Ingram 3. Houston

Ingram and Houston fit the scheme better but Clowney  is an elite run defender who can really seal the edge and is younger.

Here is a pff writeup on Ingram and Clowney:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-nfl-free-agency-jadeveon-clowney-and-melvin-ingram-may-end-up-being-two-of-the-best-values-at-edge-this-offseason

Melvin Ingram

37 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Because I think McDermott and Frazier can get him back to that 9 sack player he was. As a team the Bills actually do very well in terms of applying pressure. I think Clowney's physical ability will fit in and produce big numbers. 

I don't know if he'll be OK with his role so that could be an issue. McDermott loves that heavy rotation. 

No way any coach can change a bad attitude, he only posted big numbers in a contract year, even in college he did not want to play his best to minimize "the risk of injury"

2 minutes ago, poblano said:

No way any coach can change a bad attitude, he only posted big numbers in a contract year, even in college he did not want to play his best to minimize "the risk of injury"

I don't know. I just think he overvalues himself. He's a solid player. His film is good. He's just not worth what he thinks. He's been one of the best run defenders in the NFL. He's had 2 seasons of 9 sacks. He gets pressure. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

45 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

No, thanks. All too expensive.

A draftee, please, or a cheap signing that overperforms.

I really hope Beane tries to convince Justin Houston to come onboard for a Super Bowl run. 

I think he is a leader that elevates the players around him. 

He told Josh he's a hell of a good player immediately following the the playoff game, which just goes to show his character. https://youtu.be/4LfGiHXfsbw?t=34

Edited by Motorin'

13 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Clowney is reportedly a locker room cancer.   Hard pass.    This ain't Madden or Fantasy football, boys.  

Grow your own.  As said above:  "Like @Rc2catch said above, our best hope is that Epenesa and Oliver take the next step in their development. Fortunately, I believe Star's return should help Oliver a lot in that regard and AJ will have his first NFL offseason/training camp to develop and figure out his playing weight." 

Young, athletic, shows tremendous promise makes GREAT plays occasionally...but also sometimes seems lost.  From a small school and needs time to develop.  Sounds like Josh Allen, doesn't it?  But it could also apply to Darryl Johnson, so don't sleep on him.  He needs to put it all together the way Josh did, but I think there is great potential with him.

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Clowney is striking me as one of those "Looks Like Tarzan, Plays Like Jane" types.  What makes you see him differently?

I think Seattle and Tennessee have some pretty solid teams, team cultures, and coaching.  If they got "see ya buddy!" effort out of Clowney why would McDermott and Frazier be different?

IMHO what made Clowney look great was playing with a DL that included JJ Watt, Brandon Dunn, and DJ Reader and as a bookend to Whitney Mercilius.  When JJ Watt is getting 16 sacks and teams are all worried about him, it's easier to rack up 9 of your own, especially when the rest of the front 7 are solid.

When you're expected to be "the Man" and lead the team to feast, it's harder to "eat"