Combating imaginary racism with actual racism??

1 hour ago, 716er said:

Makes about as much sense as you, Jim.

God you are the witty one aren’t you. The ole Peewee Herman retort. 👍🏻

Time to sharpen the debating skills. Looks like I’m going up against The 716er Fixer.  

18 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You lost me there. Not sure what you're referring to.  Who's sister?

716er and Governor like to make outrageous claims just to distract from the nonsense they spew. He is most likely referencing nothing and I am certain it is unrelated to you if there is something.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

A Teacher Speaks Out.

More on this:

"I teach students who recoil from a poem because it was written by a man. I teach students who approach texts in search of the oppressor."

"I teach students who see inequities in texts that have nothing to do with power. Students have internalized the message that this is the way we read and think about the world, and as a result, they fixate on power and group identity. This fixation has stunted their ability to observe and engage with the full fabric of human experience in our literature.

In my professional opinion, the school is failing to encourage healthy habits of mind, essential for growth, such as intellectual curiosity, humility, honesty, reason, and the capacity to question ideas and consider multiple perspectives.... Understandably, these students have found comfort in their moral certainty, and so they have become rigid and closed-minded, unable or unwilling to consider alternative perspectives. These young students have no idea that the school has placed ideological blinders on them."

Writes Dana Stangel-Plowe, resigning from her job as an English teacher at an expensive New Jersey private school.

Critical Race theory is harming these kids.

199132262_4400614369991374_2649823270336      

The Coming Backlash Against Woke Public Schools.

https://hotair.com/headlines/2021/06/10/the-coming-backlash-against-woke-public-schools-n395783

Voters Reject Woke Education in Rapid City, South Dakota.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/06/voters-reject-woke-education-in-rapid-city-south-dakota.php

Again, what does she know , right ?

‘Telling my child they’re permanently oppressed because they’re black is RACIST’:

FL mom DESTROYS State Board of Ed over Critical Race Theory

00001-12.jpg

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/06/11/telling-my-child-theyre-permanently-oppressed-because-theyre-black-is-racist-fl-mom-destroys-state-board-of-ed-over-critical-race-theory-youll-fist-pump/

Parents Are Revolting, Teachers Are Resigning, and Critical Race Theory Is to Blame

On Tuesday, an upstate New York school board meeting almost descended into a brawl after a school board member called a father an “a**hole” and tried to punch him. On the same day, an English teacher at a private New Jersey prep school announced she would resign due to “the hostile culture of conformity and fear that has taken hold of our school.” Also on the same day in Virginia, a teacher encouraged parents, students, and teachers to revolt against the ideology that is creeping into her school district.

These episodes and many others like them illustrate how Marxist critical race theory (CRT) has sparked a civil war in American education. While school boards, administrators, and many teachers have launched a coup to teach CRT in classrooms, many parents, teachers, and leaders are fighting back. While this conflict may break down along political lines, CRT represents a rejection of America’s highest ideals and liberals should join conservatives in opposing it.

CRT justifies blatant racism in the name of promoting “equity.” One of its architects has even supported racial discrimination to counter historic discrimination and has called for a totalitarian bureaucracy to enforce his vision of “equity.” This new racism masquerades as “anti-racist,” but it judges people according to the color of their skin, not the content of their character.

Marxist thinkers invented critical race theory (CRT) in order to upend society by claiming that hidden racism pervades American institutions. CRT teaches people to seize on any racial disparity as ipso facto proof of racial discrimination, despite the clear prohibitions on racial discrimination in federal law. Advocates claim that the American status quo is racist — if not “white supremacist” — so extreme measures to reverse historic injustices are the only “anti-racist” option.

MUCH more at the link: https://pjmedia.com/columns/tyler-o-neil/2021/06/10/critical-race-theory-has-sparked-a-civil-war-in-american-education-n1453432

I said to myself,

Now what type of nonsense does BillZy have to respond to the several strong Anti-CRT articles posted.

Lo and behold, it is just an article about some parents acting like jerks.

Nothing at all to do with the Marxist Critical Race theory being forced on us.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I said to myself,

Now what type of nonsense does BillZy have to respond to the several strong Anti-CRT articles posted.

Have you all noticed that @B-Man is a coward? He can never actually respond directly to my posts.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

I said to myself,

The problem with CRT is it isn't a theory at all.  Its not based on facts or data or statistics that have been tested or validated.  Its based on an ideology derived and supported by beliefs.  The core ideological belief is that "race" is the primary determinant of everything.  Its a faith-based opinion expressed by the authors and creators of the "Theory".  You can't debate facts or logic with people that are ideologically driven.  You are just talking past each other.  Speaking a completely different language. 

CRT isn't a theory, it ideological nonsense, an opinion at best, and it needs to go into the dumpster.  And in regards CRT (and other things too) I am not compelled to explain or justify my views to political and social ideologs as their brains are just not "wired" to think objectively.     

14 hours ago, BillStime said:

Lets dig a little deeper into the story than the headline shall we?.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mississippi-high-school-agreed-2-103019834.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

After reviewing the student handbook, West Point's school district's Superintendent Burnell McDonald announced there had been a mistake and - breaking with longstanding tradition - named two other students (who are both white) as co-valedictorian and co-salutatorian.

McDonald, who is Black, told Mississippi Today that the counselor who had calculated the grades was new to the school and given incorrect information about how to determine the designations.

Washington and Temple had won based on the highest Quality Point Average (QPA) but not on Grade Point Average (GPA).

So the way this high school determines the designation is straight GPA, not Quality Point Average(QPA).Those are published guidelines in the student handbook. A new counselor to the school based the designations on QPA..a mistake acknowledged  the districts' Black Superintendent. Hey it happens, people make mistakes, no biggie.

Correct line of action according to strict interpretation would be to name the two people with highest GPA with he designations. But this district did the humane thing and awarded co designations. They should be applauded for making what I can see as a great compromise. 

But no, people like you want to make this a racist thing. Cause you want to make everything a racist thing. I guess the two kids who thought/knew they won based on the PUBLISHED guidelines should just keep their mouths shut cause they white? 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Lets dig a little deeper into the story than the headline shall we?.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mississippi-high-school-agreed-2-103019834.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

So the way this high school determines the designation is straight GPA, not Quality Point Average(QPA).Those are published guidelines in the student handbook. A new counselor to the school based the designations on QPA..a mistake acknowledged  the districts' Black Superintendent. Hey it happens, people make mistakes, no biggie.

Correct line of action according to strict interpretation would be to name the two people with highest GPA with he designations. But this district did the humane thing and awarded co designations. They should be applauded for making what I can see as a great compromise. 

But no, people like you want to make this a racist thing. Cause you want to make everything a racist thing. I guess the two kids who thought/knew they won based on the PUBLISHED guidelines should just keep their mouths shut cause they white? 

So very white of you… question: how did the white parents obtain the grades of the black students?