Combating imaginary racism with actual racism??

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

If you’d like to teach your children about systemic racism, may I suggest you do it at your kitchen table? How old are your kids anyway? 

Exactly. I choose to teach that what people look like, what they believe and who they love make them individuals.  Be smart with money, work hard, educate yourself, have a partner before children if that’s what you want, the worlds a tough place and doesn’t owe you anything, life isn’t fair, and you make your own destiny.

Everyone acknowledges bad things happened in the country generations ago.  The actual reality was it had a lot more to do with greed for money and power than melanin. Today, pretending it’s just the same or somehow deeply engrained in everything around us is utter nonsense and a divisive political tool. the politician’s useful idiots just regurgitate it robotically because they can’t think for themselves.

You’ll never convince someone who can’t think for themselves they have been bamboozled. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Exactly. I choose to teach that what people look like, what they believe and who they love make them individuals.  Be smart with money, work hard, educate yourself, have a partner before children if that’s what you want, the worlds a tough place and doesn’t owe you anything, life isn’t fair, and you make your own destiny.

Everyone acknowledges bad things happened in the country generations ago.  The actual reality was it had a lot more to do with greed for money and power than melanin. Today, pretending it’s just the same or somehow deeply engrained in everything around us is utter nonsense and a divisive political tool. the politician’s useful idiots just regurgitate it robotically because they can’t think for themselves.

You’ll never convince someone who can’t think for themselves they have been bamboozled. 

You also have to remember that after the public education system’s failed to teach kids hard things like the constitution, algebra and chemistry it’s WAY WAY easier to spend a few weeks of the curriculum year learning to hate people that don’t look like them. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You also have to remember that after the public education system’s failed to teach kids hard/racist things like the constitution, algebra and chemistry it’s WAY WAY easier to spend a few weeks of the curriculum year learning to hate people that don’t look like them. 

FIFY

And once they brainwash white kids to think they’ve been oppressing inner city black kids that they’ve never met...then what? Then they’ll grow up to vote to send trillions of dollars to democrat run inner cities to ‘help’ correct the problem...already done! Then they’ll make sure that less qualified underserved students get into college before they do...already done!  Then they’ll approve of shoveling wheel barrows full of taxpayer cash into social programs with the intent of making poor black kids ignore the fact that their father left their mother to raise them alone....already done! 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And once they brainwash white kids to think they’ve been oppressing inner city black kids that they’ve never met...then what? Then they’ll grow up to vote to send trillions of dollars to democrat run inner cities to ‘help’ correct the problem...already done! Then they’ll make sure that less qualified underserved students get into college before they do...already done!  Then they’ll approve of shoveling wheel barrows full of taxpayer cash into social programs with the intent of making poor black kids ignore the fact that their father left their mother to raise them alone....already done! 

And at the end of the day poor inner city kids still can't read, still can't do math, still don't have the necessary skills to participate in the broader economy.  So what's the point?  But through diversity programs and preferences lets put unqualified people in charge of things they have no skills to do.  Better hope the neurosurgeon that is going to perform brain surgery on you was not a diversity admission to medical school. 

I think the overall theme at play here is if you can't make some people smarter then the next best thing is to make everyone else dumber.  And then declare the ultimate goal of equality has been achieved.  The movie Idiocracy comes to mind of the liberal future Utopia.  The most fortunate among us will be old enough to die before all this all happens and then watch the unfolding comedy here from the after-life.

The left will say don't worry.  We've got this guy named Not Sure that is going to fix everything!

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

And at the end of the day poor inner city kids still can't read, still can't do math, still don't have the necessary skills to participate in the broader economy.  So what's the point?  But through diversity programs and preferences lets put unqualified people in charge of things they have no skills to do.  Better hope the neurosurgeon that is going to perform brain surgery on you was not a diversity admission to medical school. 

I think the overall theme at play here is if you can't make some people smarter then the next best thing is to make everyone else dumber.  And then declare the ultimate goal of equality has been achieved.  The movie Idiocracy comes to mind of the liberal future Utopia.  The most fortunate among us will be old enough to die before all this all happens and then watch the unfolding comedy here from the after-life.

The left will say don't worry.  We've got this guy named Not Sure that is going to fix everything!

And we just spent the past four years of Trump telling us that he alone can fix everything.  Get out of here...

22 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Cry harder.  Please - be more dramatic.  

Edited by BillStime

Just now, BillStime said:

And we just spent the past four years of Trump telling us that he alone can fix everything. GTHO

Cry harder.  Please - be more dramatic.  

Wow.  You really need to get some help with that Trump obsession.   Like mentioning Trump somehow de-legitimizes my views.  it doesn't.  It has nothing to do with my view.  And when you do that it tells me I'm spot on truth with my comments.  So thanks for that. 

15 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Wow.  You really need to get some help with that Trump obsession.   Like mentioning Trump somehow de-legitimizes my views.  it doesn't.  It has nothing to do with my view.  And when you do that it tells me I'm spot on truth with my comments.  So thanks for that. 

You should really think about how you construct your arguments and how easy they are to blow up in your face.

48 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Reaction-memes-Top-22-9.jpeg

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here is progressive liberalism in a nutshell... if you wrote that entire thing exactly as is but used ‘birthing partner’ instead of ‘mother’, it is a massive victory for societal advance! 

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/06/why_obamas_so_defensive_of_critical_race_theory.html

June 9, 2021

Why Obama's So Defensive of Critical Race Theory

By Jack Cashill

FTA:

For fifty years Obama and people like him have been scamming the system.  Critical Race Theory is a codification of that scam.  To justify the unearned benefits that come with being black or half-black, the "theorists" have to pretend that the continuing risks of being black justify the rewards.

This results in an increased demand for evidence of racism amid a dwindling supply.  In the absence of real racism, the theorists have had to imagine it or to re-create it à la Jussie Smollett and a thousand other hoaxers across the fruited plain.

With mandatory CRT imposed in schools and other institutions, the CRT "trainers" are able to demand that whites imagine a racist America along with them.  Those who refuse this nonsense, who refuse to live their lives in the requisite shame and guilt, further justify CRT by their seeming embrace of white supremacy, the new and even more ludicrous label now applied even to unyielding African-Americans.

Sorry, Barry, but CRT is a threat to our Republic.  Anderson Cooper may believe your blather about "right-wing media venues" monetizing and capitalizing "on stoking the fear and resentment of a white population that is witnessing a changing America."  But it is all on you.

In 2008, even Republicans hoped Obama would succeed at pulling the races together.  He had a unique historic opportunity.  But instead, to justify his failures in office, he and Michelle encouraged their followers to read "race" into every slight, every disparity, every grievance.  Deception was Obama's strategy.  Division is his legacy, and CRT is his tool for widening the divide.  He should own it!

A Teacher Speaks Out.

The Dwight-Englewood School in New Jersey is a private prep school where high school tuitions costs just over $50,000 per year. Tuesday an English teacher at Dwight-Englewood named Dana Stangel-Plowe announced she was resigning her position because of the school’s embrace of Critical Race Theory, an ideology she believes is harming students at the school. A group called the Foundation Against Intolerance and Racism (FAIR) published Stangel-Plowe’s resignation letter, which reads in part.

I believe that D-E is failing our students. Over the past few years, the school has embraced an ideology that is damaging to our students’ intellectual and emotional growth and destroying any chance at creating a true community among our diverse population. I reject the hostile culture of conformity and fear that has taken hold of our school.

The school’s ideology requires students to see themselves not as individuals, but as representatives of a group, forcing them to adopt the status of privilege or victimhood. They must locate themselves within the oppressor or oppressed group, or some intersectional middle where they must reckon with being part-oppressor and part-victim. This theory of power hierarchies is only one way of seeing the world, and yet it pervades D-E as the singular way of seeing the world.

As a result, students arrive in my classroom accepting this theory as fact:  People born with less melanin in their skin are oppressors, and people born with more melanin in their skin are oppressed. Men are oppressors, women are oppressed, and so on. This is the dominant and divisive ideology that is guiding our adolescent students.

In my classroom, I see up close how this orthodoxy hinders students’ ability to read, write, and think. I teach students who recoil from a poem because it was written by a man. I teach students who approach texts in search of the oppressor. I teach students who see inequities in texts that have nothing to do with power. Students have internalized the message that this is the way we read and think about the world, and as a result, they fixate on power and group identity. This fixation has stunted their ability to observe and engage with the full fabric of human experience in our literature…

Sadly, the school is leading many to become true believers and outspoken purveyors of a regressive and illiberal orthodoxy. Understandably, these students have found comfort in their moral certainty, and so they have become rigid and closed-minded, unable or unwilling to consider alternative perspectives. These young students have no idea that the school has placed ideological blinders on them.

But it’s not just the students who feel it necessary to self-censor in this environment. It’s also the teachers who’ve been forced to accept the new CRT hierarchy including segregations of teachers by race:

In 2019, I shared with you my negative experiences among hostile and doctrinaire colleagues. You expressed dismay, but I did not hear any follow up from you or other administrators. Since then, the stifling conformity has only intensified. Last fall, two administrators informed faculty that certain viewpoints simply would not be tolerated during our new “race explicit” conversations with our new “anti-racist” work. They said that no one would be allowed to question the orthodoxy regarding “systemic racism.” The message was clear, and the faculty went silent in response.

The reality is that fear pervades the faculty. On at least two separate occasions in 2017 and 2018, our Head of School, standing at the front of Hajjar Auditorium, told the entire faculty that he would fire us all if he could so that he could replace us all with people of color. This year, administrators continue to assert D-E’s policy that we are hiring “for diversity.” D-E has become a workplace that is hostile toward educators based solely on their immutable traits.

During a recent faculty meeting, teachers were segregated by skin color. Teachers who had light skin were placed into a “white caucus” group and asked to “remember” that we are “White” and “to take responsibility for [our] power and privilege.”

In addition to her resignation letter, Stangel-Plowe provided FAIR with documents collected from the school. One document labeled “Faculty Training Materials” included faculty responses to leading questions from a recent training session. In addition to things like pursuing “equitable grading practices” and calling out microaggressions, someone suggested they launch a “‘targeted deprogramming / de-radicalization strategy toward identitarian white boys.”

This was all published yesterday and has only been picked up by Fox News and a few other outlets. We’ll have to wait and see if there is any response from the school or if other teachers are willing to back up some of these claims. Here’s Stangel-Plowe’s video announcement about the reasons for her resignation.

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/06/09/english-teacher-resigns-from-nj-prep-school-over-culture-of-conformity-and-fear-n395564

For the hundredth time to the ones blinded here, Critical Race Theory is NOT about teaching history

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

You should really think about how you construct your arguments and how easy they are to blow up in your face.

Funny. I just googled BillStime and this came up. 

EA71DAD5-1A5F-48F4-98F1-1242AEFD8E33.png.80c76402ce85331f1bcc8a5b0b55dd93.png

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

You lost me there. Not sure what you're referring to.  Who's sister?

I think we just figured out that @BillStime is @716er's sister.  Makes sense.  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Haha (+1) 1