Combating imaginary racism with actual racism??

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes, we don’t have lynchings anymore so I guess we’ve made some progress.  It is not an either or, 100% vs. 0%,  thing.  Progress has been made, more work needs to be done.  Here’s one example of how I know we have a ways to go, at least in my community:

After the George Floyd murder (which it was since he was convicted for such), we had the protests and such (and as you know, I did not approve of violence).  And a local leader in my town in his weekly newsletter wrote that protestors (not just those who were violent) were maggots and parasites.  Maggots and parasites.  He called human beings among us maggots and parasites.  And that MLK would not have walked in protest of the recent incidents against blacks.  Now, you know who this local leader was?

A priest.

That’s right, a priest in one of the local Catholic Churches.  And do I really have to tell you how many people came out in support of this guy?  And that instead of him being drummed out of the priesthood he was just transferred to another parish after his perfunctory apology?

You can’t fix problems unless you are willing to recognize there is a problem.  

Could it be he was using language more specifically than you think he was? Look up the definition of maggot and parasite. Now, I have no idea whether the literal definition is what he meant or not, but I’m suggesting you look it up before immediately assuming it had a racial meaning. And while I’m not Catholic, I think you’ll find that the Catholic Church is far from racist.  I’m guessing that whites are a small minority of the world’s Catholic population. Priests may have been accused of a lot of things but singling out one guy for an editorial in the midst of a race riot is not a sign of anything.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Could it be he was using language more specifically than you think he was? Look up the definition of maggot and parasite. Now, I have no idea whether the literal definition is what he meant or not, but I’m suggesting you look it up before immediately assuming it had a racial meaning. And while I’m not Catholic, I think you’ll find that the Catholic Church is far from racist.  I’m guessing that whites are a small minority of the world’s Catholic population. Priests may have been accused of a lot of things but singling out one guy for an editorial in the midst of a race riot is not a sign of anything.

And if  previous protests are any indicator it’s likely a safe bet that a good majority of those protesters are not POC’s.  Hence why he may have called them maggots and parasites. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And if  previous protests are any indicator it’s likely a safe bet that a good majority of those protesters are not POC’s.  Hence why he may have called them maggots and parasites. 

Bingo!  But ...I’m sure it was RACIST! Because everyone knows that the term parasite is a common racist slur. 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Bingo!  But ...I’m sure it was RACIST! Because everyone knows that the term parasite is a common racist slur. 🙄

And of course @oldmanfan immediately calls the Priest a racists without knowing a damn thing about him and calls for his expulsion from the church.  Funny how @oldmanfan called the cancel culture a load of crap.  I guess he calls it that because he doesn't know what it truly is.  Hey @oldmanfan!  Want to really know what the cancel culture is?  I suggest you look in the mirror. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Anecdotal evidence isn’t the greatest way to convince people, but regardless.. most don’t say “there isn’t a problem”.   The question is how to combat that problem.  

You seem to support hyper focus on race.  

Most do not support that, including many minorities.  Just like most don’t support defunding police, including most minorities.   

Seems like a vocal minority are setting the agenda for the majority in this country simply because, for too long, the majority (all races included) just sat back and took it.  

You’re finally seeing pushback now that it’s being so intensely pushed on our kids.  

I’ll ask you, since the last person I asked wouldn’t answer... What are some specific teachings within Critical Race Theory that you agree with?

I don’t agree with critical race theory.  I do agree that diversity and inclusion are good things.  You want to conflate the two.  They are not the same thing.

28 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And of course @oldmanfan immediately calls the Priest a racists without knowing a damn thing about him and calls for his expulsion from the church.  Funny how @oldmanfan called the cancel culture a load of crap.  I guess he calls it that because he doesn't know what it truly is.  Hey @oldmanfan!  Want to really know what the cancel culture is?  I suggest you look in the mirror. 

So the priest, a man of God, calling humans maggots and parasites is right and I’m wrong.  My mirror looks fine.  Look in your own and ask when your common decency was sucked out of your soul.  

Cancel culture is a load of crap because the right pretends they’re offended when in fact they do the same dammed thing.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The priest is a small part of it.  It was the number of people that supported his position and the vile stuff they espoused that shows racism is alive and well in central Indiana.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Anecdotal evidence isn’t the greatest way to convince people, but regardless.. most don’t say “there isn’t a problem”.   The question is how to combat that problem.  

You seem to support hyper focus on race.  

Most do not support that, including many minorities.  Just like most don’t support defunding police, including most minorities.   

Seems like a vocal minority are setting the agenda for the majority in this country simply because, for too long, the majority (all races included) just sat back and took it.  

You’re finally seeing pushback now that it’s being so intensely pushed on our kids.  

I’ll ask you, since the last person I asked wouldn’t answer... What are some specific teachings within Critical Race Theory that you agree with?

I am not hyper focused on race.  I willfully admit that I am particularly sensitive to the Asian American issue because of my daughter.  I am focused on people getting along in this country.  I am focused on people - regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, whatever- getting the same rights and respect as anyone else.  

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I am not hyper focused on race.  I willfully admit that I am particularly sensitive to the Asian American issue because of my daughter.  I am focused on people getting along in this country.  I am focused on people - regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, whatever- getting the same rights and respect as anyone else.  

OK enough with that already! My daughter is married to an Asian...but you don’t see me on here calling everyone out. Get over yourself!! My grandkids are half Asian and I’ll be damned if these power hungry race baiters are going to teach those kids to hate their mother or her ancestors...who all lived in ITALY, but must be racist by default because some woke morons think her skin is too light even though her entire family tree fled their homeland to escape the tyranny of fascists. WAKE UP! You are being manipulated for political power...of which you’ll get none, but you’ll be asked to surrender your rights and freedoms. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

So the priest, a man of God, calling humans maggots and parasites is right and I’m wrong.  My mirror looks fine.  Look in your own and ask when your common decency was sucked out of your soul.  

Where did I say he was right?  You call the cancel culture crap all the while calling for the cancellation of the priest for his opinion.  Awesome! 

Point out where my post lacked common decency.  

Once again the left ignores the basis of all this. LBJ's Great Society. Totally destroyed the black culture.  Replaced fathers with  the government. Why is the rate for blacks born out of wedlock so high? The "Great Society". Add that to  Jim Crow, segregation and  slavery.  All done by Dems.

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Once again the left ignores the basis of all this. LBJ's Great Society. Totally destroyed the black culture.  Replaced fathers with  the government. Why is the rate for blacks born out of wedlock so high? The "Great Society". Add that to  Jim Crow, segregation and  slavery.  All done by Dems.

So what's the answer? 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

Leftists Respond w/Rabid Hate to Justice Breyer's Call to Find "Common Ground"

by Daniel Greenfield

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2021/05/leftists-respond-wrabid-hate-justice-breyers-call-daniel-greenfield/

‘Kill everything white in sight’: Speaker at National Black Power Convention calls for ‘death to capitalism’ and maybe more

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/31/kill-everything-white-in-sight-speaker-at-national-black-power-convention-calls-for-death-to-capitalism-and-maybe-more/

Tom Tillison reports: 

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/05/31/black-supremacist-in-tulsa-rally-preach-its-time-to-kill-everything-white-in-sight-as-revenge-1081771/

The National Black Power Convention was held over the weekend in Tulsa, Okla., to mark the 100-year anniversary of the Black Wall Street Massacre. Events included a Second Amendment March for Reparations, with many participants exercising their right to open carry.

A disturbing video making the rounds online captures a speech from a man some see as a “black supremacist,” purportedly being given in Tulsa on Saturday.

“We’re pushing death to white supremacy. Death to capitalism. Death to imperialism. And death to fascism,” the unidentified man with a bullhorn said. “We are pushing an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a head for a head and a life for a life.”

“Because that time will come when there’s a rat-a-tat-tat,” he said. “Black Americans will kill everything white in sight.”

He ranted on about a “black nation” and giving “crackers hell, from the cradle to the grave.”

“Goddamn right!” a man in the crowd cries out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

Leftists Respond w/Rabid Hate to Justice Breyer's Call to Find "Common Ground"

by Daniel Greenfield

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2021/05/leftists-respond-wrabid-hate-justice-breyers-call-daniel-greenfield/

‘Kill everything white in sight’: Speaker at National Black Power Convention calls for ‘death to capitalism’ and maybe more

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/31/kill-everything-white-in-sight-speaker-at-national-black-power-convention-calls-for-death-to-capitalism-and-maybe-more/

Tom Tillison reports: 

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/05/31/black-supremacist-in-tulsa-rally-preach-its-time-to-kill-everything-white-in-sight-as-revenge-1081771/

The National Black Power Convention was held over the weekend in Tulsa, Okla., to mark the 100-year anniversary of the Black Wall Street Massacre. Events included a Second Amendment March for Reparations, with many participants exercising their right to open carry.

A disturbing video making the rounds online captures a speech from a man some see as a “black supremacist,” purportedly being given in Tulsa on Saturday.

“We’re pushing death to white supremacy. Death to capitalism. Death to imperialism. And death to fascism,” the unidentified man with a bullhorn said. “We are pushing an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a head for a head and a life for a life.”

“Because that time will come when there’s a rat-a-tat-tat,” he said. “Black Americans will kill everything white in sight.”

He ranted on about a “black nation” and giving “crackers hell, from the cradle to the grave.”

“Goddamn right!” a man in the crowd cries out.

I suggest they initially target white liberals supporting all kinds of race hustles and other cultural fantasies.  For a lot of reasons they will be the easiest targets to neutralize.    

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/30/2021 at 9:06 PM, Doc said:

You mean the one who mindlessly believed the Russian bounty story because of feelz?

You think felz? I thought it was a calculated political move to attempt a leapfrog to party stardom that didn’t pan out well for her.  Then she dug her heels in and got stripped of power because she didn’t have powerful enough alliances to be forgiven for departing the party line. 

I refuse to believe any politician ever acts genuinely, it’s just not what these people do. 

• Like (+1) 1

Biden’s DHS Issues Another Baseless White Supremacy Warning For Tulsa Race Massacre Centennial Events

The Federalist, by Jordan Davidson

After months of failed predictions concerning potentially violent acts committed by white supremacists, President Joe Biden’s Department of Homeland Security issued another blanket statement warning law enforcement, organizers, and attendees of the Tulsa Race Massacre centennial commemoration events that they could be targets of extremism. Just last week, DHS said the “events associated with the 100th anniversary of the Tulsa Race Massacre … probably are attractive targets for some racially or ethnically motivated violent extremist-white supremacists to commit violence.”

https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/01/bidens-dhs-issues-another-baseless-white-supremacy-warning-for-tulsa-race-massacre-centennial-events/

45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Biden’s DHS Issues Another Baseless White Supremacy Warning For Tulsa Race Massacre Centennial Events

The Federalist, by Jordan Davidson

After months of failed predictions concerning potentially violent acts committed by white supremacists, President Joe Biden’s Department of Homeland Security issued another blanket statement warning law enforcement, organizers, and attendees of the Tulsa Race Massacre centennial commemoration events that they could be targets of extremism. Just last week, DHS said the “events associated with the 100th anniversary of the Tulsa Race Massacre … probably are attractive targets for some racially or ethnically motivated violent extremist-white supremacists to commit violence.”

https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/01/bidens-dhs-issues-another-baseless-white-supremacy-warning-for-tulsa-race-massacre-centennial-events/

Leftist aren't required to provide any facts or proof of anything by the media.  As the media are leftist they just parrot everything back-and-forth.  I'm still waiting for them to produce a list of 100's of conspirators that are in jail for Russian collusion.  DHS can issue warnings about UFO's planning to disrupt your picnic if they'd like.  How nice to have a job that allows you to act without facts or real information.  But here it is.  Does anyone believe this crap anymore?  I think not.

"White Supremacist" is leftist code for any group that opposes their political agenda and which they believe poses a threat to the government's ability to impose more limitations on individual freedom.  These conservative groups are not a direct threat to African-Americans as a group.  They are not mutually exclusive in terms of membership.  Conservative, Libertarian, or "right" groups have membership from all races.  There are conservatives and patriots of all races, not just whites.   

Leftists are only concerned with criminalizing political opposition to their polices.  They are not concerned with law-and-order or crime against people or property.  In fact they have no concern for the well-being of African-Americans either.  Or any other particular race.  Or you or your property.  They are simply exploiting the suffering or conditions others people face as a vehicle and front to execute their agenda.  Which is to eliminate political opposition to their power grabs.  If they had any genuine interest in the plight of African-Americans then after 60 years of programs and policies they enacted we wouldn't be having the same conversations we did in the mid 1960's.  

Leftists love symbols and pictures as it dumbs-down their positions to a level their simpleton members can understand.  That's why they always post pictures or tweets from some propaganda source to your posts rather than form some cohesive argument.  They can't write more than two sentences because their positions are generally illogical and the more you write the more you have to think.  And thinking for yourself is discouraged in leftist circles.  Copy/paste works best for them.     

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/06/01/not-with-my-children-its-not-gonna-happen-watch-the-best-video-we-have-seen-yet-opposing-critical-race-theory-and-get-tissues-trust-us/

‘Not with MY children. It’s not gonna happen.’:

WATCH the best video we have seen YET opposing Critical Race Theory (and get tissues, trust us!)

00001-1.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:
US conservatives 2021: "It is illegal to teach about the history of racism."

The same lie over and over.

00001-1.jpg

They know that you are full of sh*t.................they know the truth about CRT.

Did you even summon up the balls to watch it ?

• Thank you (+1) 2