Combating imaginary racism with actual racism??

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

With race the topic du jour, it is odd that more attention isn’t being paid to the most obvious discrimination in our society: that against Asians.

While employers commonly engage in such discrimination, the most viciously discriminatory organizations in our society are universities. Thus, Senate Republicans offered an amendment to the new “COVID-19 Hate Crimes Act” that would have ended federal funding of universities that discriminate against Asian American applicants. The amendment, sponsored by Ted Cruz and John Kennedy, was narrowly defeated by Senate Democrats.

Aaron Ginn comments:

9c8b551c278b7924.jpg

oXBQwFW.png

The higher education resolution is clearly grandstanding, but still telling of just how bad things are. 

On 4/23/2021 at 8:20 AM, BillStime said:

Yea that poor woman in Charlottesville would like to speak to you about being protected.

Laws already exist to protect drivers and pedestrians - this law is nothing more than red meat for a racist base. 

There is a significant difference between plowing into a crowd of people and fleeing the scene when you feel your life is in danger.

There’s also law to protect protesters who have someone drive into a crowd like in Charlottesville. The driver got two life sentences so justice was served. 

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There is a significant difference between plowing into a crowd of people and fleeing the scene when you feel your life is in danger.

There’s also law to protect protesters who have someone drive into a crowd like in Charlottesville. The driver got two life sentences so justice was served. 

Why do we need new laws?

What's the message?

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why do we need new laws?

What's the message?

Because protesters have been violating laws and this tightens it by making it very clear.  We had to propose 81 new riot laws last year because of all the rioting.

It has nothing to do with race, Dems voted for it too.  I guess they’re racist now too?

• Agree 1

Corporate Media And Other Race-Baiters Have Incited More Violence Than Trump Ever Did

by Kylee Zempel

https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/23/corporate-media-and-other-race-baiters-have-incited-more-violence-than-trump-ever-did/

Adam Toledo is a name that has likely saturated your newsfeed over the past month. He was a 13-year-old Mexican-American boy who was fatally shot by a police officer on Chicago’s West Side not one month ago.This week, that name was overshadowed by Ma’Khia Bryant, a black teenager who died at the hands of law enforcement in Ohio. In both cases, leftist politicians and Twitter-verified “journalists” couldn’t get the story out fast enough, absent facts, video, or nuance — but the headlines wrote themselves: “Racist Cop Shoots Unarmed Minority.”Also in both cases, the stories turned out to be completely wrong.

On 4/24/2021 at 12:02 PM, B-Man said:

I was hoping that this was satire, but it is not...............still trying to divide us.

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/550017-the-climate-crisis-demands-a-national-black-climate-agenda

The climate crisis demands a national Black climate agenda

Hill [Washington DC], by Colette Pichon Battle

Title should have been “racist government is root of all evil, so we need more government.” 

39 minutes ago, B-Man said:

SEGREGATION NOW,       SEGREGATION TOMORROW,       SEGREGATION FOREVER: 

SUNY Geneseo announces new dorm ‘for Students of Color.’

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=17276

I can’t believe we are in the process of resegregation and its being called progressive. Diversity and integration has only ever been the solution.  

• Agree 1

The New Antiracism Is the Old Racism

by Victor Davis Hanson

What will be the future of the mass hysteria spawned last summer? No one knows. But its destination, if unchecked, will be ethnic tensions and sectarian strife at best akin to those in Brazil and India—or at worst Lebanon, Syria, and Rwanda. Until just a few years ago, racial differences, according to polls, were more or less receding. Intermarriage between racial groups is at historic highs. But by 2014-2015, with the birth of Black Lives Matter, its courting by the Obama Administration, and the emergence of the electronic social media mob and cancel culture, such progress seems to have ended.

https://amgreatness.com/2021/04/25/the-new-antiracism-is-the-old-racism/

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/04/26/i-refuse-to-hate-tyler-perry-delivers-powerful-speech-during-oscars-and-of-course-triggers-shrieking-social-justice-warriors-watch/

‘I refuse to hate’: Tyler Perry delivers POWERFUL speech during Oscars and of course triggers shrieking social justice warriors (watch)

This speech from Tyler Perry after he was awarded the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award is something we should be hearing from our country’s leaders BUT we’ll take it from an amazingly talented and kind man like Perry as well.

Maybe Biden could learn a thing or two from him?

Watch.

My mother taught me to refuse hate. She taught me to refuse blanket judgment. And in this time, with all of the internet and social media and algorithms and everything that wants us to think a certain way, the 24-hour news cycle, it is my hope that all of us would teach our kids, and I want to remember: just refuse hate. Don’t hate anybody.

I refuse to hate someone because they are Mexican or because they are Black or White. Or LBGTQ. I refuse to hate someone because they are a police officer. I refuse to hate someone because they are Asian. I would hope we would refuse hate.

And I want to take this Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award and dedicate it to anyone who wants to stand in the middle. No matter what’s around the wall, stand in the middle. Because that’s where healing, that’s where conversation happens, that’s where change happens. It happens in the middle. So anyone who wants to meet me in the middle to refuse hate, to refuse blanket judgment, and to lift someone’s feet off the ground, this one is for you, too.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/04/26/i-refuse-to-hate-tyler-perry-delivers-powerful-speech-during-oscars-and-of-course-triggers-shrieking-social-justice-warriors-watch/

‘I refuse to hate’: Tyler Perry delivers POWERFUL speech during Oscars and of course triggers shrieking social justice warriors (watch)

This speech from Tyler Perry after he was awarded the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award is something we should be hearing from our country’s leaders BUT we’ll take it from an amazingly talented and kind man like Perry as well.

Maybe Biden could learn a thing or two from him?

Watch.

My mother taught me to refuse hate. She taught me to refuse blanket judgment. And in this time, with all of the internet and social media and algorithms and everything that wants us to think a certain way, the 24-hour news cycle, it is my hope that all of us would teach our kids, and I want to remember: just refuse hate. Don’t hate anybody.

I refuse to hate someone because they are Mexican or because they are Black or White. Or LBGTQ. I refuse to hate someone because they are a police officer. I refuse to hate someone because they are Asian. I would hope we would refuse hate.

And I want to take this Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award and dedicate it to anyone who wants to stand in the middle. No matter what’s around the wall, stand in the middle. Because that’s where healing, that’s where conversation happens, that’s where change happens. It happens in the middle. So anyone who wants to meet me in the middle to refuse hate, to refuse blanket judgment, and to lift someone’s feet off the ground, this one is for you, too.

Do you have any examples of the "shrieking SJW's" in reaction to this?