Combating imaginary racism with actual racism??

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

JUST AS JESUS TAUGHT

Best-Selling Devotional Has Prayer to ‘Help Me to Hate White People.’

How far have we come since Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous “I Have a Dream” speech?

Sometimes, I’m not so sure. While our society has made tremendous progress toward the idea that all men are created equal, anti-whiteness seems to be all the rage these days. And that is no less racist than hating anyone of any other color.

Yet, in the book, A Rhythm of Prayer: A Collection of Meditations for Renewal, there is a prayer called “Prayer of a Weary Black Woman” that asks God to “help me to hate white people.”

The book, published in February, was a New York Times bestseller.

The offending prayer was written by Chanequa Walker-Barnes, Ph.D. According to her bio, she is a “theologian and psychologist” and “her mission is to serve as a catalyst for healing, justice, and reconciliation.”

So, wanting to hate white people serves that mission? Really?

More at the link: https://pjmedia.com/uncategorized/matt-margolis/2021/04/07/best-selling-devotional-has-prayer-to-help-me-to-hate-white-people-n1438103

Sounds like someone is jelly...just saying

B-Man, I really hope everyone is reading your posts...it’s such high quality information, instead of partisan one-upmanship that tends to come from the opposition...

It’s clear you genuinely care about truth, and for that, I thank you...

Happy Michelle Obama GIF by Election 2016

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/6/2021 at 12:39 PM, B-Man said:

YES, IT’S PRETTY OBVIOUS: 

Black people agree: Race relations ‘worse’ under Biden.

Well, we went from a President who said, When You Open Your Heart To Patriotism, There Is No Room For Prejudice,” 

to one who ran and and has governed based on explicit racial division.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/blacks-agree-race-relations-worse-under-biden

Biden's buddy Robert Byrd would be proud of him.

9 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

B-Man, I really hope everyone is reading your posts...it’s such high quality information, instead of partisan one-upmanship that tends to come from the opposition...

It’s clear you genuinely care about truth, and for that, I thank you...

Happy Michelle Obama GIF by Election 2016

I dunno, I read it and see silly garbage, but to each his own 

On 3/28/2021 at 6:26 PM, JaCrispy said:

Any program, based strictly off race, whether public OR private is RACIST!

And yes, you can give your money to whoever you want in a free country...but if you are giving to an ENTIRE community EXCEPT those of a certain race, I’m sorry, my friend, that is the definition of racism...

Can you imagine the outcry if the roles were reversed? Would it still not be racism if whites got money and blacks were excluded simply because they were black?

We are not going to fix racism by being more divisive imo...

What if the program is designed to deal with people who were victims of racism? The average black person today has been hurt by historic racism, that’s just a fact. 

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What if the program is designed to deal with people who were victims of racism? The average black person today has been hurt by historic racism, that’s just a fact. 

Great question...I’m perfectly fine with this because it’s not limited to one race- it’s not discriminatory...there are people from all races who have experienced racism...👍

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Great question...I’m perfectly fine with this because it’s not limited to one race- it’s not discriminatory...there are people from all races who have experienced racism...👍

Not like black people in America have. The economic injustices of the past still weigh heavily on black Americans. They have been in the country the longest and have the highest poverty rates. People, like my grandfather, came to the country and were easily able to jump ahead of black people and make it. Attempting to fix a wrong is not racism. 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not like black people in America have. The economic injustices of the past still weigh heavily on black Americans. They have been in the country the longest and have the highest poverty rates. People, like my grandfather, came to the country and were easily able to jump ahead of black people and make it. Attempting to fix a wrong is not racism. 

You should give your Grandfather more credit.  I suspect he didn't "jump ahead" of anyone.  Rather, he just plain outworked everybody to get ahead.  Not just African-Americans but people off all races and backgrounds.  Life is a competition in many respects.  And while our system isn't perfect I challenge anyone to identify a better one.  I don't see 100's of thousands of immigrants seeking opportunity or lining up to get into a lot of other countries.  They don't see a "systemically racist" country but rather a country where the opportunity to improve your life is available to all.  Maybe there's a lesson in there for all of us?  The sad thing is these foreigners hold our country in a much higher regard than a lot of our fellow citizens that perpetually cast themselves as "victims" and others as "oppressors".  Many feel entitled to endless handouts paid by the sweat and labor of others.  How fair is that? 

While a lot depends on your starting point in life its a general fact that people that work hard, get an education, keep out of trouble, and have a supportive family tend to be more successful.  That's most likely the kind of background you came from and it is for me as well.

I work within a very diverse organization and many of my co-workers are African-American.  While they are self-aware of social issues they do not consider themselves as "victims".  They are people that got to where they are through hard work.  The same as the rest of the organization.  In that respect everyone is the same.  The manager that hired me is an African-American women who left the firm to take a promotion elsewhere.  Recently, she was voted onto the Board of Directors of a Fortune 500 company.  Quite an accomplishment.  The inspiration I get from her is work hard and you'll do a lot better than if you don't.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, I’m sure everyone had experienced racism to different degrees...Even among the black community, not everyone has experienced racism the same...they are not a monolith...Slavery and Jim Crow only existed in the South...Some blacks were never even slaves or experienced Jim Crow...so people from different parts of the country had different experiences...they are not the same...so lumping everyone together doesn’t really do anyone any good- just like saying all white people are racist...after all, I’m sure you’re likely not a racist...😉

And, as to your point about “trying to fix a wrong is not racism”...it would have to depend on how you attempt to fix a problem...The Germans thought they had a problem with Jews- and so they attempted to “fix” it...Does that make them not racist?  If that’s too hyperbolic an example, allow me to use one you may find easier to relate to...

Those who call themselves “Anit-racist” claim that in order to “fix” problems of the past, they must discriminate and be racist towards people they don’t like...And they actually use that terminology...

So, the bottom line is, there is nothing wrong with trying to fix problems and striving for more equality of opportunity and a more just society ...but if you’re doing so by discriminating against someone based on the color of their skin, their faith, or sexual orientation, then that is against the Civil Rights act...I don’t care if you’re black, white, purple or green...and that is why I oppose Anti-Racists and groups that adopt that ideology, such as BLM and Antifa, among others...I feel it’s a misguided ideology that, in the end, is going to end up hurting black more than helping...

Edited by JaCrispy

7 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You should give your Grandfather more credit.  I suspect he didn't "jump ahead" of anyone.   

Sure he did. He came here, got a job a black person was not allowed to have. Then my dad got to go to a great college, that did not admit black people (very few did) and got a great job and all that made my life a heck of a lot easier. 

Black people were systematically excluded from middle class life, with a few exceptions, of course. 

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, I’m sure everyone had experienced racism to different degrees...Even among the black community, not everyone has experienced racism the same...they are not a monolith...Slavery and Jim Crow only existed in the South...Some blacks were never even slaves or experienced Jim Crow...so people from different parts of the country had different experiences...they are not the same...so lumping everyone together doesn’t really do anyone any good- just like saying all white people are racist...after all, I’m sure you’re likely not a racist...😉

And, as to your point about “trying to fix a wrong is not racism”...it would have to depend on how you attempt to fix a problem...The Germans thought they had a problem with Jews- and so they attempted to “fix” it...Does that make them not racist?  If that’s too hyperbolic an example, allow me to use one you may find easier to relate to...

Those who call themselves “Anit-racist” claim that in order to “fix” problems of the past, they must discriminate and be racist towards people they don’t like...And they actually use that terminology...

So, the bottom line is, there is nothing wrong with trying to fix problems and striving for more equality of opportunity and a more just society ...but if you’re doing so by discriminating against someone based on the color of their skin, their faith, or sexual orientation, then that is against the Civil Rights act...and that is why I oppose Anti-Racists and groups that adopt that ideology, such as BLM and Antifa, among others...

Jim Crow was everywhere. No good jobs for black people. If a black kid wanted to be a engineer in say, 1955, almost impossible. Bank loans to black people? No, not too much. Good colleges? Nope. 

Today there is a black middle class, that was basically created after the Civil Rights movement. But blacks are disproportionally in poverty today, because of historic racism 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure he did. He came here, got a job a black person was not allowed to have. Then my dad got to go to a great college, that did not admit black people (very few did) and got a great job and all that made my life a heck of a lot easier. 

Black people were systematically excluded from middle class life, with a few exceptions, of course. 

Jim Crow was everywhere. No good jobs for black people. If a black kid wanted to be a engineer in say, 1955, almost impossible. Bank loans to black people? No, not too much. Good colleges? Nope. 

Today there is a black middle class, that was basically created after the Civil Rights movement. But blacks are disproportionally in poverty today, because of historic racism 

Sorry Tibs, but I just fundamentally disagree with a majority of your post...

And because we can’t seem to agree on premise points, it’s highly unlikely we will reach a compromise on this topic...til we meet again, my friend...👍

Edited by JaCrispy

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

This is a serious question that might even deserve it's own thread but here goes.  How have Jews, who have been persecuted for 2,000 years, slaughtered by the millions during WWII but for some reason have still be able to be successful and have (at least to my knowledge) never used this persecution as a crutch or excuse?  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

Segregation Forever..............the Liberal/Democrat motto.

The authors explain that “racial inequity” in hospitals is negatively affecting patients and propose solutions such as “cash transfers and discounted or free care” for minorities only.

“Offering preferential care based on race or ethnicity may elicit legal challenges from our system of colorblind law … We encourage other institutions to proceed confidently on behalf of equity and racial justice, with backing provided by recent White House executive orders,” the authors explain in a reference to recent executive orders signed by President Joe Biden.

I mean, props for basically admitting what they are doing is illegal, I guess.

How can anyone possibly defend this ?

PS: I wonder if there is two sets of water fountains 

LIBERALISM’S ZERO-SUM RACIAL SPOILS SYSTEM

Liberals have long believed that economics is a zero-sum process : people only get rich by taking from the poor. You see this in liberals’ long-used rhetoric about how income tax cuts, which allow people to keep more of what they earn, are described as “redistributing” wealth. The idea of positive wealth creation seems beyond the grasp of most liberals.

Now transfer this same zero-sum thinking to the domain of race, and you see the same problem: if advancement is marked out strictly on racial lines, as is now Democratic Party orthodoxy, you get stories like this from Buzzfeed:

Biden Is Already Facing Pushback From His Own Base On Judicial Nominees

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zoetillman/biden-judge-nominees-diversity-backlash

President Joe Biden announced his first judicial nominees last month, a slate intended to send a message about his commitment to diversity. Liberals are eager for Biden to reshape the bench after four years on the sidelines, but they’ve also already shown they’re prepared to call him out if his picks don’t embody the depth of professional and racial diversity they want to see.

The White House announcement of Biden’s first nominees on March 30 was met with an immediate chorus of praise from liberal advocacy groups and Democrats in Congress. But that evening, two Latino civil rights organizations, the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) and LatinoJustice PRLDEF, released a statement saying they were “extremely disappointed” that just one of the 11 nominees was Latinx.

Ed Whelan points out, “nine of the eleven nominees are female, five are African American, three are Asian American—I’m including one who is Arab American (as well as Muslim)—and one is Latina. All three of the nominees to federal appellate positions are African American women. None of the nominees is a white male (unless you count the Arab American as white).”

You can see where this is heading: racial groups will increasingly fall out with one another over the spoils of office, hiring, college admissions, etc. Question for liberals: does a just society require that everything be apportioned by quotas reflecting the relative racial and ethnic populations of the country? It’s worked so well for Lebanon, I can’t imagine how it could go wrong here.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/04/liberalisms-zero-sum-racial-spoils-system.php

CDC TIGHTLY FOCUSED ON CORE GOALS DURING PANDEMIC: 

CDC Director Walensky: ‘Racism Is a Serious Public Health Threat.’

Isn’t racism the real virus, when you don’t think about it?

Well, she might be onto something. Being falsely accused of racism does tend to raise my blood pressure.

If anything bad has happened to you because of COVID-19, the first thing you need to do is look in the mirror. Do you see a white face? Well then, stop complaining. You don’t matter. You didn’t actually think you were a human being, did you?

This is what they call “mission creep.” Racism is the perfect distraction for any government agency, or corporation, or other large group of people who have power and want to hold onto it. Unlike an actual disease, which is what the CDC is supposed to be fighting, the disease of “racism” can be whatever they want it to be. The symptoms are whatever they want them to be. And they don’t need to offer any proof that “racism” is the problem in any particular instance. In fact, asking for proof just shows that the skeptic is a racist!

Here’s how it works:

“COVID-19 is racist.”

“What? That’s insane. Why are my taxes paying you to spew this nonsense?”

“Oh, so you’re denying racism exists, racist?”

In real life, you can tell whether a disease has been cured by measuring the health of the patient. If he’s still sick, the cure isn’t working. If various measurable indicators of health improve, it’s working. The key word there is “measurable.” There are tangible results.

But when you deny reality and blame everything on “racism,” you don’t need to worry about all those pesky facts and evidence. Emotions are the only thing that count. If you feel that something is racist, then it’s racist.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/jim-treacher/2021/04/09/cdc-director-walensky-racism-is-a-serious-public-health-threat-n1438690

• Agree 1