Combating imaginary racism with actual racism??

James_Ho_Senate_hearing_AS_TT.jpg?resize   JUDGE HO TELLS IT LIKE IT IS

Last week, the House Judiciary Committee held a hearing on “The Importance of a Diverse Federal Judiciary.” The title of the hearing shows that the Committee had already reached the conclusion that a “diverse” federal judiciary is quite important. It brings to mind the old Johnny Carson show gag in which Ed McMahon might ask: “How important is it, Johnny?”

One of the Committee’s witnesses didn’t go along with the gag. Judge James Ho of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit included the following observations in his prepared remarks:

Once everyone has had full and fair opportunity to be considered, you pick on the merits.

Both the Constitution and the Civil Rights Act make clear that it is wrong to hire people based on race.

That’s the law for a wide range of jobs. But it would be especially wrong to select judges based on race.

It is true that I am the only Asian American on my court. I’m also the only immigrant on my court.

But I would never suggest that a wise Asian would, more often than not, reach a better conclusion than a white judge. That would be antithetical to our legal system, and poisonous to civil society. No one should ever assume that I’m more likely to favor Asians or immigrants or anyone else—or that my colleagues are less likely to. . . .

I don’t say this because I think race is no longer an issue in our country. I’ve received racist hate mail and racially disparaging remarks because of positions I’ve taken in my career. I’ve been treated differently because of who I’m married to. And I also remember, back in high school, my college admissions adviser telling me that my grades, SAT scores, and activities were all strong enough to get me into my top choice of schools—if I wasn’t Asian.

Now, I’m not saying any of this here to complain. Whatever negative experiences I’ve had, they pale in comparison to my many blessings living in this great country. I was not born an American. But I thank God every day that I will die an American.

My point is just that I don’t come to my views because I think racism is behind us. Rather, I come to my views precisely because racism is not behind us. The last thing we should do is divide people by race. The last thing we should do is suggest that the racists are right. We don’t achieve equality of opportunity by denying it to anyone—we achieve it by securing it for everyone.

So make no mistake: It would be profoundly offensive—and un-American—to tell the world that you’re restricting a judgeship to members of only one race. It’s offensive to people of other races. And it’s offensive to people of that race—because you’re suggesting that the only way they’ll get the job is if you rig the rules in their favor.

God bless you sir.

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Historic discrimination hurt black people. Agreed? 

Discrimination was pretty bad. It's the reason so many of them now live in poverty, ya, know 

Yeah those poor Jews never did get over that little Holocaust thing. 

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

James_Ho_Senate_hearing_AS_TT.jpg?resize   JUDGE HO TELLS IT LIKE IT IS

Last week, the House Judiciary Committee held a hearing on “The Importance of a Diverse Federal Judiciary.” The title of the hearing shows that the Committee had already reached the conclusion that a “diverse” federal judiciary is quite important. It brings to mind the old Johnny Carson show gag in which Ed McMahon might ask: “How important is it, Johnny?”

One of the Committee’s witnesses didn’t go along with the gag. Judge James Ho of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit included the following observations in his prepared remarks:

Once everyone has had full and fair opportunity to be considered, you pick on the merits.

Both the Constitution and the Civil Rights Act make clear that it is wrong to hire people based on race.

That’s the law for a wide range of jobs. But it would be especially wrong to select judges based on race.

It is true that I am the only Asian American on my court. I’m also the only immigrant on my court.

But I would never suggest that a wise Asian would, more often than not, reach a better conclusion than a white judge. That would be antithetical to our legal system, and poisonous to civil society. No one should ever assume that I’m more likely to favor Asians or immigrants or anyone else—or that my colleagues are less likely to. . . .

I don’t say this because I think race is no longer an issue in our country. I’ve received racist hate mail and racially disparaging remarks because of positions I’ve taken in my career. I’ve been treated differently because of who I’m married to. And I also remember, back in high school, my college admissions adviser telling me that my grades, SAT scores, and activities were all strong enough to get me into my top choice of schools—if I wasn’t Asian.

Now, I’m not saying any of this here to complain. Whatever negative experiences I’ve had, they pale in comparison to my many blessings living in this great country. I was not born an American. But I thank God every day that I will die an American.

My point is just that I don’t come to my views because I think racism is behind us. Rather, I come to my views precisely because racism is not behind us. The last thing we should do is divide people by race. The last thing we should do is suggest that the racists are right. We don’t achieve equality of opportunity by denying it to anyone—we achieve it by securing it for everyone.

So make no mistake: It would be profoundly offensive—and un-American—to tell the world that you’re restricting a judgeship to members of only one race. It’s offensive to people of other races. And it’s offensive to people of that race—because you’re suggesting that the only way they’ll get the job is if you rig the rules in their favor.

God bless you sir.

Affirmative action was created to protect him from having the good grades, but still being passed over, because he's Asian.  Just because everything our government rolls out is done wrong doesn't mean it wasn't necessary.  Maybe try fixing the bad program, instead of just saying it's wrong/doesn't work, but then the Republicans would have anything to run on.  

On 3/27/2021 at 8:06 AM, Unforgiven said:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/26/nolte-whites-excluded-illegal-aliens-qualify-for-oaklands-500-month-payout-program/

Oakland, California, Mayor Libby Schaaf (D) announced a program that offers poor minority families $500 a month. Poor white families are excluded for the sin of being white. However, illegal aliens qualify.

Here is how you qualify for Oakland’s no-questions-asked $500 a month:

You must have at least one child

Your income must be at or below 50 percent of Oakland’s median income

You must not be white

ACTUAL RACISM.

These must be their idea of reparations, if low income whites are not allowed to participate...after this I don’t want to hear anymore complaining by minorities from Oakland about white oppression...but I’m sure we will, just as I’m sure they will still be poor...

“It’s not about race, it’s about culture.”

-Denzel Washington 

“The poor will always be with us.”

-Jesus Christ 

Edited by JaCrispy

9 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

These must be their idea of reparations, if low income whites are not allowed to participate...after this I don’t want to hear anymore complaining by minorities from Oakland about white oppression...but I’m sure we will, just as I’m sure they will still be poor...

“It’s not about race, it’s about culture.”

-Denzel Washington 

“The poor will always be with us.”

-Jesus Christ 

What is the one VERY IMPORTANT aspect about this program that you either don't know about, or intentionally left out???  I'll fill you in.  It's a PRIVATE program, not a government program.  if you believe that in America your money belongs to you, and you can spend it ANY WAY YOU SEE FIT, then you have no issue with this.  By your standards and logic here, donating to the Boy Scouts is racist AND misogynistic.  Hmph!

23 minutes ago, daz28 said:

What is the one VERY IMPORTANT aspect about this program that you either don't know about, or intentionally left out???  I'll fill you in.  It's a PRIVATE program, not a government program.  if you believe that in America your money belongs to you, and you can spend it ANY WAY YOU SEE FIT, then you have no issue with this.  By your standards and logic here, donating to the Boy Scouts is racist AND misogynistic.  Hmph!

Any program, based strictly off race, whether public OR private is RACIST!

And yes, you can give your money to whoever you want in a free country...but if you are giving to an ENTIRE community EXCEPT those of a certain race, I’m sorry, my friend, that is the definition of racism...

Can you imagine the outcry if the roles were reversed? Would it still not be racism if whites got money and blacks were excluded simply because they were black?

We are not going to fix racism by being more divisive imo...

Edited by JaCrispy

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Any program, based strictly off race, whether public OR private is RACIST!

And yes, you can give your money to whoever you want in a free country...but if you are giving to an ENTIRE community EXCEPT those of a certain race, I’m sorry, my friend, that is the definition of racism...

Can you imagine the outcry if the roles were reversed? Would it still not be racism if whites got money and blacks were excluded?

This might come as a surprise to you but there are probably THOUSANDS of foundations based on ethnicity/race.  You can't have it both ways that a person can donate to whoever/whatever they want, but still complain when they do.  I'll admit, I'm not really liking this, but it's not shocking or news to me.  

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

This might come as a surprise to you but there are probably THOUSANDS of foundations based on ethnicity/race.  You can't have it both ways that a person can donate to whoever/whatever they want, but still complain when they do.  I'll admit, I'm not really liking this, but it's not shocking or news to me.  

Not a surprise at all about donations based on race, but this is different...allow me to explain...

I don’t see anything wrong with donating to an all black club, school, or foundation etc...

What I do find problematic is a club, school, or foundation that is MAJORITY black, but also includes people of other races, but who are excluded from benefits based on the color of their skin...

Thats basically what you have going on here...if Oakland ONLY had low income blacks, I would have no problem donating to them (but based on income, not race)...but because there are low income whites, by excluding them based on the color of their skin, it further divides society along racial lines instead of bringing people together...and it’s no different than how white supremacists and Nazis would behave- just in reverse...

As a society we need to rise above our  primal instincts of judging people on race...I feel that up til about the year  2010 we had made much progress in honoring MLK’s legacy (and race was barely talked about anymore) but we have regressed back to the time of Jim Crow imo...

Now we have colleges having separate graduations based on race...different medical mandates based on race...just like the old days, with separate water fountains, we are creating a segregated society all over again- but this time in the name of equality...The Klan is probably loving this...

And keep in mind the Mayor of Oakland, who is supposed to represent everyone in her jurisdiction, made the announcement of the program...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/mohammed-anwar-mystery-murderers-race-bias-asian-media/

MOHAMMED ANWAR’S MYSTERY MURDERERS:

“Does anyone doubt that the death of Mohammed Anwar would be national news if his alleged killers were white?

How disgusting our media are. It’s all Narrative, all the time.

It’s so often about managing the story instead of telling the truth and letting people make up their own minds.

It’s about manufacturing consent for this wholesale neoracist renovation of American society to fit woke standards.”

Just think of the media as Democratic Party operatives with bylines, and it all makes sense.

treacher_on_journalism_10-11-17-1.jpg                  iowahawk_journalism_10-11-17-1.jpg

"No mention of the perps race in the headline. That is weirdly the most obvious clue to their race nowadays. #JouralismDiesInWokeness."

Says one of the commenters on the Washington Post article "New York authorities file hate-crime charges in attack on Asian American woman." 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/new-york-asian-american-attack/2021/03/31/a583e1ca-924b-11eb-a74e-1f4cf89fd948_story.html

There isn't even an attacker in the headline. The only human beings in the headline are the "authorities" and the "Asian American woman." The evildoer disappears. There's no attacker, only an "attack." But if there are hate crime charges, then the human mind is all important. "Attack" stresses the outward action. "Hate" requires a hater. There is a shadow of a person in the word "hate," the gesture at a mind. 

But this person is depersonalized — depersonalized because he is black. If a white man had stomped on an old Asian-American lady, he'd get full recognition in the headline. Is that racist?

On 3/29/2021 at 11:33 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This fits here.  White man tweets klansman attire to black woman. Seems pretty evil right..?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the-sun.com/news/2569176/candace-owens-omara-kkk-racism-twitter-democrats/amp/

Where is this in cnn?

The problem is you are attempting to address the issue of racism as defined in today's social setting with logic and rational thinking.  And making an effort to understand real tangible problems and harm that racism may cause.  I am guilty of that too.  

But in order to make complete sense of it we need to look at the environment from the perspective of social justice warriors, virtue signalers, woke, and people pretending to be woke so the woke don't attack them.    

To these people, racism is is in the eyes of the perceived victim.  All that matters is that emotionally and through their feelings somebody thinks that another person is acting in a racist manner against them or against somebody else.  Emotions and feelings along with constant judging of words and language drives all outcomes and is the basis of woke philosophy.  In this case its applied to race issues.

No proof of any kind is required.  Guilt by accusation is equal to guilt by trial.  Guilt by association, taking specific events and extrapolating it to society in general.  Facts don't matter, logic doesn't matter, critical thinking doesn't matter, or the fact the oppressor denies it.  Denial, especially by whites only proves they are a racist in denial of their actions.  The worst kind of racist.  A dishonest racist or a racist that doesn't know they're a racist.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

YES, IT’S PRETTY OBVIOUS: 

Black people agree: Race relations ‘worse’ under Biden.

Well, we went from a President who said, When You Open Your Heart To Patriotism, There Is No Room For Prejudice,” 

to one who ran and and has governed based on explicit racial division.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/blacks-agree-race-relations-worse-under-biden

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1