Combating imaginary racism with actual racism??

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But you do admit that blacks were systematically excluded for the good things in life in the USA, yes? 

In some cases, yes. Here is a good read on the progress and remaining gap if you want to discuss the topic like an adult.  It's left of my stance but it is a fair place to start an intelligent discussion.  But if you are interested in disparaging others that disagree with you then we have nothing to say to each other.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brookings.edu/articles/black-progress-how-far-weve-come-and-how-far-we-have-to-go/amp/

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

In some cases, yes. Here is a good read on the progress and remaining gap if you want to discuss the topic like an adult.  It's left of my stance but it is a fair place to start an intelligent discussion.  But if you are interested in disparaging others that disagree with you then we have nothing to say to each other.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brookings.edu/articles/black-progress-how-far-weve-come-and-how-far-we-have-to-go/amp/

I'm just saying that if people are going to complain because a company wants a black dude, for instance, in a job, then they should also be willing acknowledge the huge harm that was done to blacks for generations because they were systematically excluded from good employment and education. That's all 

Just now, Tiberius said:

I'm just saying that if people are going to complain because a company wants a black dude, for instance, in a job, then they should also be willing acknowledge the huge harm that was done to blacks for generations because they were systematically excluded from good employment and education. That's all 

Then why not just say that in the first place? Personally, I think solving the education gap will fix most of the employment gap. It's huge and no one wants to talk about it, and it starts at very early ages and gets wider.

From the article:  

For instance, black students at the end of their high school career are almost four years behind white students in reading; the gap is comparable in other subjects. A study of 26- to 33-year-old men who held full-time jobs in 1991 thus found that when education was measured by years of school completed, blacks earned 19 percent less than comparably educated whites. But when word knowledge, paragraph comprehension, arithmetical reasoning, and mathematical knowledge became the yardstick, the results were reversed. Black men earned 9 percent more than white men with the same education—that is, the same performance on basic tests.

How would you feel if you were passed over for a job based on your skin color?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Cheney did not salute either. I suppose he hated the military as well.  This wasn't extensively covered by Fox and right wing media, so you may not have known

Is this the standard for VP?  Uncle Dick?

If Uncle Dick didn't salute the military people then its OK for VP Harris not to?

I was hoping VP.Harris wouldn't do anything that Uncle Dick did.

Is that dude in your avatar doing a Hail Hitler salute?

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Is this the standard for VP?  Uncle Dick?

If Uncle Dick didn't salute the military people then its OK for VP Harris not to?

I was hoping VP.Harris wouldn't do anything that Uncle Dick did.

Is that dude in your avatar doing a Hail Hitler salute?

Can’t tell if you’re joking or insane. 

18 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Then why not just say that in the first place? Personally, I think solving the education gap will fix most of the employment gap. It's huge and no one wants to talk about it, and it starts at very early ages and gets wider.

From the article:  

For instance, black students at the end of their high school career are almost four years behind white students in reading; the gap is comparable in other subjects. A study of 26- to 33-year-old men who held full-time jobs in 1991 thus found that when education was measured by years of school completed, blacks earned 19 percent less than comparably educated whites. But when word knowledge, paragraph comprehension, arithmetical reasoning, and mathematical knowledge became the yardstick, the results were reversed. Black men earned 9 percent more than white men with the same education—that is, the same performance on basic tests.

How would you feel if you were passed over for a job based on your skin color?

Or passed over because of your age?  Or some other thing? 

My view is pretty simple.  I don't support the concept of grouping and judging people based on the characteristics assigned to that group.  Which basally steals and eliminates the person's individual identity and renders it unimportant.  In order to judge people equitably labeling and grouping to determine their identity needs to stop.  Equality means the system is "color blind" or "gender blind" or "gender identity" blind, or "age blind", or blind to any other attribute an individual might display or possess.  Like being left handed or right handed, or their weight, or if they are judged to be attractive or not, or their eye color or their blood type.  You get the idea.

The person needs to be viewed as a unique individual with traits and characteristics of their own and not of some group.  Here, more or less if the goal is to eliminate racial bias then stop focusing on race being something that makes people "different".   

• Agree 1

Racism should never be fought with Racism it's ignorant any way you cut it but there will always be those that embrace it unfortunately but sometimes you just have to consider the source !!

The person or persons should be looked at for their character along with their schooling, experience and actions other words the best person for the job regardless of their race or gender ! 

It does seem though that since last year the pendulum has swung the opposite direction and although i agree the past & present should be looked at and learned from it seems that a emphasis on the past has been 10 fold to influence the present and instead of moving forward it has done a about face to make all people of today have to pay for the ignorants of those from the past which in some instances only makes the problem worse .

Can't we all just look at each other with the thought of - love they neighbor as you love they self & do unto others as you would have done unto you ! The world would be a lot better place !! 🙌

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Discrimination is wrong, right? Isn’t that the point. 

Yes. And it has caused serious harm to people. You agree? 

57 minutes ago, T master said:

Racism should never be fought with Racism it's ignorant any way you cut it but there will always be those that embrace it unfortunately but sometimes you just have to consider the source !!

The person or persons should be looked at for their character along with their schooling, experience and actions other words the best person for the job regardless of their race or gender ! 

It does seem though that since last year the pendulum has swung the opposite direction and although i agree the past & present should be looked at and learned from it seems that a emphasis on the past has been 10 fold to influence the present and instead of moving forward it has done a about face to make all people of today have to pay for the ignorants of those from the past which in some instances only makes the problem worse .

Can't we all just look at each other with the thought of - love they neighbor as you love they self & do unto others as you would have done unto you ! The world would be a lot better place !! 🙌

It is bad. When Trump tried having black votes thrown out, like he did, it shows how racism hurts more than just those targeted. Now we have Republicans across the country literally trying to make it harder for black people to vote. Racism sucks 

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

This is an example of how the irrational mind works.  There are many others I could cite.  They are not thinking critically or logically or subjecting their views to inspection by available facts or changing their views and conclusions when new facts become available.  These are people that hold a specific ideology or belief. It might apply across the political spectrum.  They view themselves as moral, ethical, and intelligent but they are none of those things.  It seems our society is facing an epidemic of irrational and illogical thinking at a time when the opposite is needed to solve a lot of issues.     

I'm talking about people that have "filters" in how their mind processes information from the environment with which they draw conclusions.   They start with a conclusion and selectively use subjective, objective, anecdotal facts, information or data that supports their conclusion while ignoring subjective, objective, anecdotal facts, information or data that don't support their conclusion.  Some might calling it lying by omission.

In the case of hate crimes against Asians the prevailing narrative is the attacks are caused by a white supremacist mindset.  This is what most media and politically active individuals and organizations are running with now.  But looking at hate crime statistics where the target was Asian... 

A fact is the victims are Asian and a percentage of the attackers are white. 

Another fact is the victims were Asian but the majority of their assailants were non-white.  This according to FBI statistics. 

So if the majority of attackers were non-white how could a white supremacist mindset be the root cause of the attacks?  A critical thinker would be inclined to look elsewhere for the motivation for these attacks.

The prevailing narrative is drawn from lying by omission and ignoring non-supportive facts.  And by omitting facts a false conclusion is being used which drives an incorrect response to the problem.  Critical thinking and rational people need to challenge this epidemic of irrationality and challenge the people pushing these false conclusions.  I know a lot of you are out there. 

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This is an example of how the irrational mind works.  There are many others I could cite.  They are not thinking critically or logically or subjecting their views to inspection by available facts or changing their views and conclusions when new facts become available.  These are people that hold a specific ideology or belief. It might apply across the political spectrum.  They view themselves as moral, ethical, and intelligent but they are none of those things.  It seems our society is facing an epidemic of irrational and illogical thinking at a time when the opposite is needed to solve a lot of issues.     

I'm talking about people that have "filters" in how their mind processes information from the environment with which they draw conclusions.   They start with a conclusion and selectively use subjective, objective, anecdotal facts, information or data that supports their conclusion while ignoring subjective, objective, anecdotal facts, information or data that don't support their conclusion.  Some might calling it lying by omission.

In the case of hate crimes against Asians the prevailing narrative is the attacks are caused by a white supremacist mindset.  This is what most media and politically active individuals and organizations are running with now.  But looking at hate crime statistics where the target was Asian... 

A fact is the victims are Asian and a percentage of the attackers are white. 

Another fact is the victims were Asian but the majority of their assailants were non-white.  This according to FBI statistics. 

So if the majority of attackers were non-white how could a white supremacist mindset be the root cause of the attacks?  A critical thinker would be inclined to look elsewhere for the motivation for these attacks.

The prevailing narrative is drawn from lying by omission and ignoring non-supportive facts.  And by omitting facts a false conclusion is being used which drives an incorrect response to the problem.  Critical thinking and rational people need to challenge this epidemic of irrationality and challenge the people pushing these false conclusions.  I know a lot of you are out there. 

Does not take critical thinking skills to see Trump was trying to have black voters votes thrown out. 

Or that the GOP is targeted minority voters in its voter suppression attempts 

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Does not take critical thinking skills to see Trump was trying to have black voters votes thrown out. 

Or that the GOP is targeted minority voters in its voter suppression attempts 

Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with the theme of my comment.  Other than concluding you are trying to change the subject I don't have a response other than to suggest you are helping in proving the message I'm trying to get across about irrational thinking so I thank you.

As far as trying to get votes thrown out wasn't all that done through proper and legal challenges as supported by laws and procedures governing the electoral process?  I don't believe any of it was what could be called illegal.  So your claim seems to be an example of lying through omission.

Sure the campaign challenged some votes.  But it was all legal.  So they did nothing wrong.  While you suggest they did.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes. And it has caused serious harm to people. You agree? 

It is bad. When Trump tried having black votes thrown out, like he did, it shows how racism hurts more than just those targeted. Now we have Republicans across the country literally trying to make it harder for black people to vote. Racism sucks 

Yes racism has and still does cause harm to some but not all that choose to use it as motivation to over come it ! That being said there are those that would rather use the past as a excuse or a crutch rather than motivation to try harder to prove those that ignorantly see racism as something good than to prove them wrong .

I use to be told that "Excuses are like A** holes every ones got one and they usually stink" !!

Instead of using some which i will leave unnamed as examples of "Systematic Racism" why don't they use those like Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Colon Powell, Opra, MJ, Ben Carson, Tim Scott & others as people of color to look up to as examples to show how they over came the racism barrier to become great people rather than focus so much on those that don't or won't even try to be better people  .

Now don't take it that i'm saying that the bad doesn't need to be recognized because it does and that's not what i'm saying at all but i sure as hell am not going to look at Hitler, Idi Amin or criminals as a models of why things need to change but infact to teach why those people are not good role models and shouldn't be used as such .

If any one is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to use racism as a tool to change anything weather it's voting right's, job hiring, education or just to hold modern day people accountable for history that they had no involvement in or any thing to do with just because of the color of their skin is WRONG in all ways ...

I remember a instance (me being white) of a black gentleman standing on a street corner with a sign that had reference to Jesus on it, i stopped thinking we could fellowship and i might learn something .

The first thing out of his mouth was "sir do you know Jesus was black ?" my reply was  "sir i don't know i never met him but he is my savior" despite the color of his skin .

The second thing out of his mouth was that "I needed to pay for as a white man all the atrocities that my ancestors did to black people" that just blew me away especially from a man that supposedly used Jesus as a person that took all of our sins upon him self and forgiveness/love being Jesus biggest message to tell me that . WOW i still can't get over that .

Sorry for the rant but --- Racism in any form does not cure or change racism !

29 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with the theme of my comment.  Other than concluding you are trying to change the subject I don't have a response other than to suggest you are helping in proving the message I'm trying to get across about irrational thinking so I thank you.

As far as trying to get votes thrown out wasn't all that done through proper and legal challenges as supported by laws and procedures governing the electoral process?  I don't believe any of it was what could be called illegal.  So your claim seems to be an example of lying through omission.

Sure the campaign challenged some votes.  But it was all legal.  So they did nothing wrong.  While you suggest they did.

So Trump trying to get black peoples vote thrown out was no big deal because he tried doing it in the courts? That’s really messed up. 

it’s also wrong. He pressured all sorts of government officials to eliminate votes to steal the election. Yet you claim others view things through a filter? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

So Trump trying to get black peoples vote thrown out was no big deal because he tried doing it in the courts? That’s really messed up. 

it’s also wrong. He pressured all sorts of government officials to eliminate votes to steal the election. Yet you claim others view things through a filter? 

Did you take the time to read the article I linked above? 

1 hour ago, T master said:

Instead of using some which i will leave unnamed as examples of "Systematic Racism" why don't they use those like Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Colon Powell, Opra, MJ, Ben Carson, Tim Scott & others as people of color to look up to as examples to show how they over came the racism barrier to become great people rather than focus so much on those that don't or won't even try to be better people  .

Democrats are white supremacists, that is why.

They believe they need to social engineer opportunity for minorities because they believe they aren’t as good as them. 

Most inherently racist group of people on the planet. Look back in history and they are behind every racist deplorable act in our countries history. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood