New Jets WR Corey Davis insinuates that Sam Darnold will be the Jets' starting QB in 2021

Logic

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lance seems like a guy the pats can get without trading up. I keep seeing Round 2 grades for lance. Physically gifted, the type that could become a Justin fields.  With the right coaching but such a small sample size of film vs low level competition. He is the type that really has to go to the right environment. 1st round physical talent, but couldn’t see a comfort level with the overall player to trade up like that. One game this year and it was bad, so focusing only on 2019. Could see him in the Arthur smith offense in Atlanta but needs a red shirt year. Would be great if Falcons could trade up from 36 into bottom of 1st.

The Patriots have the #15th pick in this draft and the top five QB's won't last that long.

1st QB)Jags, Lawrence 

2nd QB)Jets, Wilson

3rd QB)49ers, Lance/Fields

4th QB)Falcons are looking at QB's with the #4 pick. Justin Fields

5th QB)Panthers are looking at a QB with the #8 pick. Mac Jones

Even Denver with the #9 is looking at new QB over Drew Locke. 

It is a good bet that with so many QB hungry teams that all those top five QBs won't even last till the #9 pick. 

My take is that the 13-3 Buffalo Bills with QB Josh Allen has ignited a QB frenzy in the draft this year.  Some view Trey Lance as another Josh Allen who needs some development but has great potential. This might be the reason as to why the 49ers moved up to draft a QB. But at the same time are retaining Jimmy G for this season. 

The Patriots could still pick a QB at #15 in Trask or Mond. 

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was listening to ESPN Radio this morning and Mike Tannenbaum thinks the 49'ers traded-up for Mac Jones, who they view as a Matt Ryan type.  Interesting if true.

I could see Jones being a good fit in that offense. But trading up to 3 for him seems like a reach. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see Jones being a good fit in that offense. But trading up to 3 for him seems like a reach. 

I guess if they truly think he's their guy, it makes sense.  They must be pretty sure about the first two picks...

• Agree 1

On 3/27/2021 at 9:37 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Athletic as all heck, and arm talents there.  Im a lot more worried about his poise to work through progressions after being mentally shook.  Hes been playing atleast 2.5 years with zero confidence, like hes either thinking too much or not enough.  That play is classic barn-ball, although impressive

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

The NY Jets won't stay at #2 and NOT take a QB!

Then again, it is the Jets and they have proven time after time to do the wrong thing. Like like trading up to take Same Darnold in the first place and missing on Josh Allen! 😆

Otherwise they trade back like the Dolphins did... with Tua as it appears they are staying with him at QB. This move says the Phins are no longer interested in trading for Watson too.

Consensus is that the Jets take Zach Wilson @#2 and trade Darnold. 

Next thought is, who exactly do the 49ers want at #3 to trade away the farm to get him? 

Trey Lance, North Dakota St

Justin Fields, Ohio St

Mac Jones, Alabama

Rumor has it... that "if" the 49ers pass on Lance and take Justin Fields that the Patriots will make a move to trade up to the #4 spot for Trey Lance. 

I agree with you, but all it takes is a team getting the right guy, case in point the Bills. You guys struck gold and its amazing! 

36 minutes ago, mannc said:

I guess if they truly think he's their guy, it makes sense.  They must be pretty sure about the first two picks...

I guess but that’s a lot to give up for a high floor, low ceiling guy. I’ll believe they gave up two 1sts for Mac Jones when I see it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I guess but that’s a lot to give up for a high floor, low ceiling guy. I’ll believe they gave up two 1sts for Mac Jones when I see it. 

I was surprised when he said it and I think Jones will be a bust.  But time will tell.  Just glad the Bills don't need to look for one.