New Jets WR Corey Davis insinuates that Sam Darnold will be the Jets' starting QB in 2021

Logic

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

So your negative evaluation of Wilson is based on BYU's strength of schedule and the fact that he wasn't awesome his first two seasons, including as a true Freshman.  Did you see any of BYU's games?  Was BYU physically superior to nearly everyone they played, like Clemson and Alabama were?  I doubt it.  Which QBs have you liked coming out of college the past three years?  Any of them?

oy.

You said he was a 3 year starter and played well all 3 years at BYU.  Neither of those statements is true.  He had fewer than 1/2 of the team passing attempts his 1st year.   His second year,  he had 9 starts and in 3 of them had zero TDs and 2 ints.  He had only 11 TDs all year vs 9 ints.   Those are bad QB stats even by BYU standards.   This year, he feasted on his competition.

Anyway, I would place my money on a QB who has played in the best conference with the best college talent around him and facing him (that's all he'll see in the NFL) to be more likely to turn a bad team around.  That's just me.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Anyway, I would place my money on a QB who has played in the best conference with the best college talent around him and facing him (that's all he'll see in the NFL) to be more likely to turn a bad team around.  That's just me.

Then you would have passed on the three best QBs in the league...

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/23/2021 at 1:27 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

The difference between a QB looking “ok” with poor to middling receivers and very good with some real weapons can be surprising.  See how much better Josh Allen was when he got some receivers who could get open frequently?

I dunno what you smokin josh allen looked excellent from the moment he hit the field. When I saw him leap over the LB and beat the snot out of Minnesota I was like wow... he is that dude. Lol

Coincidentally its been my profile picture ever since. Never questioned JA17 since that day, because he is that dude and sometimes you just know that dude when you see that dude. Sam Darnold is not that dude.

You know what I mean, dude?

Edited by BillsFan692

No matter how good a prospect is, a dumpster fire organization can destroy their chances. 

The Bills would've ruined Andrew Luck or Patrick Mahomes under previous regimes. Darnold is pretty unlikely to suddenly emerge as a great QB after what he's been through, but he could at least turn it around into an Alex Smith-like career under better management. 

• Agree 1

Dingus, I hope you’re right.  Alex Smith is possible and Darnold’s sake I really hope so.  He really needs to be a backup to an older QB who he can work his way back into a starting role.  Winston took a basement $1 mil deal to get a chance after Brees retires to compete for the starting role.  My guess is he’ll get that chance this year.  Hill is a gadget guy who will never get the starting role.  I know he received that extension, but that was just to get under the cap.

If I’m Darnold’s agent, I’d lobby Pitt., Tampa, or Atlanta for a backup job and take the vet minimum.  It’s telling no one has made a deal for him.  Sarah’s going to want his own guy.

6 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

I dunno what you smokin josh allen looked excellent from the moment he hit the field. When I saw him leap over the LB and beat the snot out of Minnesota I was like wow... he is that dude. Lol

Coincidentally its been my profile picture ever since. Never questioned JA17 since that day, because he is that dude and sometimes you just know that dude when you see that dude. Sam Darnold is not that dude.

After that Vikings game I thought he was the franchise QB the Bills had needed.  Then the next game against the Packers happened and...

But it worked out eventually.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

IDK, once a QB is damaged, it’s hard to recover.  I felt bad for him as he didn’t choose his landing spot, and the Jets ruined him.  He might have made it on another team, but no one wants to try and rehab him.

I never bought into the "X team ruined Y QB" stuff.  You either have it or you don't and your talent will shine through.  Darnold looks like the same QB I saw in college, which is why I never bought into the hype and didn't want him.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Allen was exciting early, but do you not remember the low completion %, I’ll-advised prayers that he heaved or the panic looks when he could not find anyone open?

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

After that Vikings game I thought he was the franchise QB the Bills had needed.  Then the next game against the Packers happened and...

But it worked out eventually.

I never bought into the "X team ruined Y QB" stuff.  You either have it or you don't and your talent will shine through.  Darnold looks like the same QB I saw in college, which is why I never bought into the hype and didn't want him.

I disagree - did you see Dennis Shaw getting destroyed behind a bad Bills OL or Dan Pastorini in Houston or Jim Plunkett in NE?

12 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Allen was exciting early, but do you not remember the low completion %, I’ll-advised prayers that he heaved or the panic looks when he could not find anyone open?

I disagree - did you see Dennis Shaw getting destroyed behind a bad Bills OL or Dan Pastorini in Houston or Jim Plunkett in NE?

No.  They played way before I started watching football.  But at least in the cases of Plunkett and Patorini, they weren't ruined by their earlier teams considering they each won at least 1 SB.  Maybe held back, but not ruined.  As for Shaw, I can't comment since I never say him and and thus don't know if he ever really had it.

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

No.  They played way before I started watching football.  But at least in the cases of Plunkett and Patorini, they weren't ruined by their earlier teams considering they each won at least 1 SB.  Maybe held back, but not ruined.  As for Shaw, I can't comment since I never say him and and thus don't know if he ever really had it.

Not completely ruined, but cast away to the scrap heap before finding success later on good teams.

If you had Zay Jones, kelvin Benjamen, Robert Foster, you’d look terrible too like our boy.

the jests are a trash heap like we were prior to Mc beane.  

My prior comments on Darnold in Pitt, ATL, and TB is the best way for him to maybe rehab his career.  At least a serviceable backup.  I don’t know if he ever makes it back to a starter, but it’s probably his only shot.

Gentlemen and ladies, enjoy you’re Saturday.