Isaiah Mckenzie Re-signed!!

Rubes

On 3/23/2021 at 12:17 PM, BillsFan4 said:

Awesome! I was really hoping he would be back. He adds an element to the offense that none of our other receivers do, and with Roberts leaving I’d think he could be of use returning punts.

With lil Dirty now returning punts full time does he also return kickoffs or do we look at a guy like Wade?...

4 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

With lil Dirty now returning punts full time does he also return kickoffs or do we look at a guy like Wade?...

He said he wants to do both, but it’s a different skill set. Unsure if he’s ever been a KR. Maybe someone knows. It’s actually uncommon to do both like Andre roberts. 

mckenzie did say that our new punter Matt Haack is in Miami where they both live and they are getting together to practice PR

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said he wants to do both, but it’s a different skill set. Unsure if he’s ever been a KR. Maybe someone knows. It’s actually uncommon to do both like Andre roberts. 

McKenzie has returned kickoffs - a few his rookie year for Denver, a few in 2019, 12 his first year with Buffalo.  His average return was 19.8 yds in 2018, one of the reasons the Bills signed Andre Roberts in 2019.

mckenzie did say that our new punter Matt Haack is in Miami where they both live and they are getting together to practice PR

He also said he'd remind him of that return in his last game.

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Isaiah McKenzie loves him some Buffalo...

"For me, money didn't matter... If we were getting paid in candy, I would stay here... for the rest of my life."

That's great to hear. Really shows how much things have changed with Bills franchise and reflects even more the respect between staff and players on to the top with owners. I know we lost out on Watt and whatnot, but I have to believe if cap situation was better they possibly could have signed one or maybe 2 big time impact players.

When I look at the list of Bills FA on March 17th plus those who were released, he only name left that I hope still signs here is Dean Marlowe.  The rest have either been replaced or the person gone was nothing that can't easily be replaced based on 2020 level of play. i.e. Josh Norman types.

That is pretty impressive on Beane's part!

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have no doubt that McKenzie loves Buffalo and his teammates and coaches. But I think the main reason he took the deal here is because he trying to get a more lucrative  contract  next year. This is the easiest path because he has a specific role and knows the offense and the playbook already. This is the place he’s most likely to put up numbers. He did account for 8 TDs last year in a limited role. Whether here or somewhere else in 2022, this is an ideal place for him to develop especially if he can lock down the PR job. 

This.

In his media availability, he said he told his agent "if the money is about equal, I want to go back to Buffalo".  In the Rico Report, he said he felt like he knows the system and the coaches and this is his best chance to put a good year on film and get a contract next year.

He may have had a slightly higher offer somewhere else, or even turned down a contract that was larger and longer on paper but had little guaranteed and came to about the same money in his pocket this year - but it wasn't all for the great love of the Buffalo Family, there was a business aspect of "bet on yourself, do your best, and win a good contract next year.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

He can't hold a candle to Beasley, so he's not getting a lot of playing time in the slot.  Point is, I'm not sure he's all that marketable.   Good multi-purpose guy with good speed, but no one is signing him to rejuvenate their passing game. 

I understand.  I don’t think he sucks, but he isn’t “ special” that teams will go out and pay for.  If you already have young drafted players or plan to draft Then you want to give thrm first priority.

I see McKenzie can do returns . I’m unsure if he can be a gunner on punts.

I look at Bills WRs as...

diggs, Davis, sanders, Beasley— these regular WRs

Mckenzie

Hodgins, Kumerow

others 

if McKenzie is viewed as a PR/KR Then he has a better shot of being on the team in a ST role